|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Madeline, how was she able to win Pat over?
(a) With her sweet smile.
(b) With petting and kissing.
(c) With her sensual perfume.
(d) With her intelligent mind.
2. What does Pat do when he returns home in Chapter 23?
(a) Drinks alcohol.
(b) Tells Doc everything.
(c) Takes a shower.
(d) Eats some pie.
3. What does Madeline suggest that taunts Pat?
(a) Pat is a horrible kisser.
(b) Bill Hardesty and Madeline are lovers.
(c) Madeline was bored by Pat's life story.
(d) Madeline is repulsed by Pat.
4. How does Pat react to Madeline's betrayal?
(a) Pat trashes the apartment.
(b) Pat forces himself on Madeline.
(c) Pat remains silent.
(d) Pat beats Bill Hardesty.
5. What does Pat claim as he leaves Lila's bedroom?
(a) He has a headache.
(b) He feels sick.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He has an appointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lila explain the purchase of the car?
2. Who supposedly bought the car in Pat's name?
3. What does Pat do to Lila in Chapter 15?
4. How do Madeline and Bill Hardesty plan on ruining Doc's scheme?
5. After the run-in with Madeline, what does Doc tell Pat on the drive to the house?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)