Chapter 1, Doc Luther
• The reader is introduced to Doc.
• Doc peruses papers that indicate he has sponsored a convict for parole.
Chapter 2, Cosgrove
• The reader is introduced to Pat.
• Doc and Pat stop at a roadhouse diner for lunch.
• Doc tells Pat that he does not have a job for Pat.
• Doc takes Pat to his new home.
• Senator Burkman gives Pat a job at the Highway Commission.
• Pat learns that Governor Clay was the one who paroled him.
• Doc takes Pat to downtown Capitol City.
• Doc buys Pat clothes.
• Pat overhears an argument between Doc and another man.
• Doc introduces Pat to Bill Hardesty, his longtime associate and business partner.
• Doc discovers Pat has an exceptionally good memory.
• Doc and Pat visit Myrtle Briscoe.
• Myrtle is upset with the parole and tells Pat that he is being taken advantage of.
• Myrtle, Doc...
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)