Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
2. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
3. What was Joe's father's name?
4. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
5. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Stegner's writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in RECAPITULATION.
Essay Topic 2
Stegner is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Bruce. Begin with his physical characteristics and extend into his personality and behavioral traits. What is Bruce's role in his family? What is it about Bruce that men in authority want to help him achieve a brighter future?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)