Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
2. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
3. What was Joe's father's name?
4. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
5. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
Essay Topic 1
How does Stegner use the literary technique of local color in RECAPITULATION? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in Salt Lake City establishments, in the characters, and i the events.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Mrs. Mason. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during her lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through a series of flashbacks. Why did he choose to tell his story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)