|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Nola's ex-boyfriend come to visit her?
2. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
3. What happens when Bruce knocks on the door of the house?
4. Why is Bruce intrigued by the box given to him by the funeral director?
5. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of regret. Identify at least two examples about regret in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of regret.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of the passage of time will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of the passage of time throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for Bruce's life. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization. Will he ever return to Salt Lake City?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)