|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce recalls that he had gone home in January for what reason?
2. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
3. With whom does Bruce believe Nola had made love before him?
4. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
5. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Bruce. Begin with his physical characteristics and extend into his personality and behavioral traits. What is Bruce's role in his family? What is it about Bruce that men in authority want to help him achieve a brighter future?
Essay Topic 2
Memories take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting at the beginning of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)