Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
2. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
3. What was Joe's father's name?
4. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
5. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Stegner's writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in RECAPITULATION.
Essay Topic 2
Stegner uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Salt Lake City using only your recall of Stegner's descriptions. How do you visualize the city of Salt Lake City now that you have read Stegner's RECAPITULATION?
Essay Topic 3
Memories take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)