|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
2. What was the nature of the relationship between Bruce and the person in #105?
3. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
4. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
5. With whom does Bruce believe Nola had made love before him?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Mrs. Mason. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during her lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for Bruce's life. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization. Will he ever return to Salt Lake City?
Essay Topic 3
At the core of RECAPITULATION is the study of a father and son relationship. Define the relationship between Bruce and his father. Why was it so combative? What long-term effect did the relationship have on Bruce's life? How does Bruce come to terms with this primary relationship?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)