|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
2. In what field would Bruce be continuing his education?
3. What does Mature Bruce think that Nola would not have appreciated?
4. What do Bruce and Nola do when the return to the prom?
5. Why did Joe once shove Bailey into a trash can?
Essay Topic 1
Memories take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
How does Stegner use the literary technique of local color in RECAPITULATION? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in Salt Lake City establishments, in the characters, and i the events.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for Bruce's life. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization. Will he ever return to Salt Lake City?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)