Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
2. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
3. What was Joe's father's name?
4. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
5. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Bruce. Begin with his physical characteristics and extend into his personality and behavioral traits. What is Bruce's role in his family? What is it about Bruce that men in authority want to help him achieve a brighter future?
Essay Topic 3
Memories take on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)