Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Bruce and Joe both worked during school?
2. With whom did Nola eventually run away?
3. Bruce realizes the box was not packed by Aunt Margaret but had been returned to him from _______________.
4. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
5. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for leaving Salt Lake City?
Stegner is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
The theme of the passage of time will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of the passage of time throughout the book.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)