|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce do before going upstairs at the funeral home?
2. Why does Bruce walk all the way home on this night?
3. Nola is described as ______________________.
4. Bruce identifies the accent of the person in #49 as being from __________________.
5. What else does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
2. What happens when the girl's boyfriend realizes that Bruce has gotten fresh with her?
3. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
4. What is the premise of RECAPITULATION?
5. What happened after Bruce finally made it into Nola's room?
6. How does Bruce distinguish between Young Bruce and Mature Bruce?
7. What prompts Bruce to think of Jack Bailey and what does he recall regarding Jack being a cad with women?
8. What was the importance of the tennis club in Bruce's life?
9. Why does Bruce hate his father for his mother's sake?
10. What is the nature of Bruce's father's work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Bruce. Begin with his physical characteristics and extend into his personality and behavioral traits. What is Bruce's role in his family? What is it about Bruce that men in authority want to help him achieve a brighter future?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Joe Mulder. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)