|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bruce hate his father?
2. Bruce drives and finds himself stopped in front of what kind of building?
3. What is Bruce's father's nickname?
4. Who did Bruce once meet at the location in #83?
5. What does Bruce do as the crowd grows as he waits after work one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What messy school project does Bruce recall and how did his father harass him?
2. What is the premise of RECAPITULATION?
3. How did Bruce come to join the tennis club?
4. Why does Bruce hate his father for his own sake?
5. Why does Bruce hate his father for his mother's sake?
6. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
7. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
8. What happens when the girl's boyfriend realizes that Bruce has gotten fresh with her?
9. How does the episode of Bruce touching the girl's breast show what a simple time he lived in?
10. What two buildings does Bruce see that were important in his father's life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Joe Mulder. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Mr. Mason. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)