|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Bruce viewed Joe's father when Bruce was a boy?
(a) As a bum.
(b) As a hero.
(c) As an average guy.
(d) As unattainable.
2. Nola's family's business was ________________.
3. What does Bruce recall about the Mulder family?
(a) They were itinerant.
(b) They were strict Catholics.
(c) They were good and respectable.
(d) They were very poor.
4. What does Bruce wonder as he stands in front of the house?
(a) He would like to buy the house.
(b) The house is well maintained.
(c) It's amazing the house is still there.
(d) If anyone is still awake.
5. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What complicates Bruce's post-college decision?
2. Why did Joe once shove Bailey into a trash can?
3. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
4. Which girl did Bruce take to the prom?
5. Why did Bruce leave at the end of the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Bruce thought about Nola's family members?
2. How does Bruce feel that he is above Nola's family members?
3. What conclusion does Bruce arrive at regarding Nola's need for a man?
4. What are the contents of the box saved by Aunt Margaret?
5. What prompts Bruce to ask Nola to marry him?
6. What does Bruce recall about spending time at the Mulders' home?
7. What were the circumstances that prompted Bruce to go to law school?
8. What does Bruce recall about Nola's virginity the first time they were intimate?
9. What factors must Bruce weigh in making decisions for his future?
10. What could account for Bruce's high opinion of himself as a young man?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)