|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
(c) Heart Disease.
2. What did Bruce tell Nola to try to lift her spirits?
(a) They could run away tonight.
(b) They could get married tonight.
(c) They would have time together over the summer.
(d) She could go back to school with him.
3. In what field would Bruce be continuing his education?
4. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
(d) Strip poker.
5. What garment is inside the box?
(a) Wedding dress.
(b) Athletic sweater.
(d) Baby shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
2. Whose wedding to Bruce and Nola plan to attend?
3. What was Joe's father's name?
4. What do Bruce and Nola do when the return to the prom?
5. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author reveal about the way Chet had died?
2. Why did Bruce and Nola have few intimate moments together?
3. What did Bruce do when it became apparent that Bailey was hitting on Nola?
4. Why does Bruce think more about his time with Nola than Chet when he returned for Chet's funeral?
5. What does Bruce recall about his brother, Chet's, life?
6. What factors must Bruce weigh in making decisions for his future?
7. What was the only life Bruce had ever envisioned for his future?
8. How does Bruce violate his instincts about bringing any friends into their home?
9. What could account for Bruce's high opinion of himself as a young man?
10. How did Bruce separate himself from his own family in favor of the Mulders?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)