|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) San Diego.
2. What does Nola say when Bruce asks her to marry him?
(a) She needs to think about it.
3. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for staying in Salt Lake City?
(a) His friends and Nola.
(b) His inheritance.
(c) A good job.
4. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
5. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
(a) She was brilliant in every way.
(b) She was an uneducated woman.
(c) She was the love of his life.
(d) She was heartless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce recalls that Bailey ____________________ Nola.
2. Why had Nola's ex-boyfriend come to visit her?
3. Where can Bruce and Nola spend a night alone together?
4. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. What do Bruce and Nola do when the return to the prom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nola avoid having sex with Bruce in the cabin that weekend?
2. How does the author show Bruce's affections for his mother regarding his going to the prom?
3. What does Bruce recall about spending time at the Mulders' home?
4. Why did Bruce and Nola have few intimate moments together?
5. What prompts Bruce to ask Nola to marry him?
6. What does the author reveal about the way Chet had died?
7. What factors must Bruce weigh in making decisions for his future?
8. How does Bruce feel that he is above Nola's family members?
9. Other than leaving Nola, what complicated Bruce's decision regarding going to law school?
10. What does Bruce recall about his brother, Chet's, life?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)