|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(d) Desperate for him.
2. Why did Joe once shove Bailey into a trash can?
(a) For breaking his new ball bat.
(b) For kissing his sister.
(c) For hitting on the girlfriend of the tennis club manager.
(d) For squealing on him about test answers.
3. What did Bruce and the girl in #103 do during the intermission at the dance?
(a) Kissed in his car.
(b) Strolled in the moonlight.
(c) Went out for beer.
(d) Visited Bruce's mother.
4. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
(b) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Why didn't Nola want to leave the cabin early?
(a) She wanted to stay for the sunset.
(b) Bailey and his girlfriend would not have a ride home.
(c) She needed the time away from the city.
(d) It was getting dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose wedding to Bruce and Nola plan to attend?
2. Why is Bruce intrigued by the box given to him by the funeral director?
3. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
4. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
5. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contents of the box saved by Aunt Margaret?
2. How does Bruce feel that he is above Nola's family members?
3. What has Bruce's father done that solidifies Bruce's hatred for him?
4. What does the author reveal about the way Chet had died?
5. What does Bruce recall about Nola's virginity the first time they were intimate?
6. What factors must Bruce weigh in making decisions for his future?
7. How did Bruce separate himself from his own family in favor of the Mulders?
8. What prompts Bruce to ask Nola to marry him?
9. Other than leaving Nola, what complicated Bruce's decision regarding going to law school?
10. What game did the couples play when Bruce and Nola accompanied Bailey and his girlfriend to a cabin one weekend?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)