|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
(a) To get married.
(b) To make him her singing partner.
(c) To enter a dance contest.
(d) To travel before settling down.
2. The box contains two stacks of letters, an envelope filled with pictures and _______________.
(a) A rosary.
(b) A yearbook.
(c) Three books.
(d) A dried corsage.
3. Who was Bill Binnion?
(a) Bruce's English professor.
(b) Bruce's godfather.
(c) Bruce's football coach.
(d) Bruce's first boss.
4. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
(b) San Diego.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The Sandersons.
(b) The Mulders.
(c) The Morgans.
(d) The Clarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nola's family's business was ________________.
2. Who had Bruce given the item in #110 to wear?
3. Why did Bruce leave at the end of the summer?
4. In what field would Bruce be continuing his education?
5. How had Bruce viewed Joe's father when Bruce was a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contents of the box saved by Aunt Margaret?
2. Why did Bruce and Nola have few intimate moments together?
3. How did Bruce separate himself from his own family in favor of the Mulders?
4. Other than leaving Nola, what complicated Bruce's decision regarding going to law school?
5. What does Bruce recall about his brother, Chet's, life?
6. How does Bruce violate his instincts about bringing any friends into their home?
7. What conclusion does Bruce arrive at regarding Nola's need for a man?
8. What had Bruce thought about Nola's family members?
9. What factors must Bruce weigh in making decisions for his future?
10. How does the author show Bruce's affections for his mother regarding his going to the prom?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)