|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
2. What does Mature Bruce think that Nola would not have appreciated?
(b) The books he loaned her.
(c) Touring Europe.
(d) Fine jewelry.
3. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
4. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
5. Why was Chet's annulled marriage renewed?
(a) They couldn't live without each other.
(b) Her parents insisted on it.
(c) His wife was pregnant.
(d) He went against his parents' wishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce recalls that he had gone home in January for what reason?
2. Where had Bruce and Joe both worked during school?
3. Nola's family's business was ________________.
4. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for staying in Salt Lake City?
5. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce recall about his brother, Chet's, life?
2. Why does Bruce think more about his time with Nola than Chet when he returned for Chet's funeral?
3. How did Bruce separate himself from his own family in favor of the Mulders?
4. What has Bruce's father done that solidifies Bruce's hatred for him?
5. How did Nola avoid having sex with Bruce in the cabin that weekend?
6. What game did the couples play when Bruce and Nola accompanied Bailey and his girlfriend to a cabin one weekend?
7. How does the author show Bruce's affections for his mother regarding his going to the prom?
8. What prompts Bruce to ask Nola to marry him?
9. What was the only life Bruce had ever envisioned for his future?
10. What could account for Bruce's high opinion of himself as a young man?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)