|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bruce and Nola do when the return to the prom?
(a) They get some refreshments.
(b) They dance every dance.
(c) They do not return to the prom.
(d) They organize an after prom party.
2. Why was Bruce reluctant to leave his mother at home while he went to the prom?
(a) His father had beaten her again.
(b) She never got to go anywhere nice.
(c) She was recovering from breast cancer surgery.
(d) She had a sick migraine.
3. What happens when Bruce knocks on the door of the house?
(a) He wakes everybody in the house next door.
(b) He does not knock on the door.
(c) A new family lives there.
(d) No one answers.
4. Why was Chet's annulled marriage renewed?
(a) They couldn't live without each other.
(b) Her parents insisted on it.
(c) He went against his parents' wishes.
(d) His wife was pregnant.
5. What does Bruce note about the second house he visits on this night?
(a) It is one of the happiest places his family ever lived.
(b) It was the site of horrible child abuse.
(c) It is much smaller than he remembered.
(d) It should be condemned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
2. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
3. Why had Nola's ex-boyfriend come to visit her?
4. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
5. What restricted the intimate moments between Bruce and Nola?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Bruce do when it became apparent that Bailey was hitting on Nola?
2. How does Bruce violate his instincts about bringing any friends into their home?
3. What has Bruce's father done that solidifies Bruce's hatred for him?
4. How does Bruce feel that he is above Nola's family members?
5. Why does Bruce think more about his time with Nola than Chet when he returned for Chet's funeral?
6. What was the only life Bruce had ever envisioned for his future?
7. What conclusion does Bruce arrive at regarding Nola's need for a man?
8. How did Nola avoid having sex with Bruce in the cabin that weekend?
9. What does Bruce recall about Nola's virginity the first time they were intimate?
10. What were the circumstances that prompted Bruce to go to law school?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)