|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
2. What does Mature Bruce think that Nola would not have appreciated?
(a) Fine jewelry.
(b) The books he loaned her.
(c) Touring Europe.
3. Why is Bruce intrigued by the box given to him by the funeral director?
(a) It is very heavy.
(b) Aunt Margaret had kept it fo.r many years.
(c) It is an odd shape.
(d) It has old photos taped to the outside.
4. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for staying in Salt Lake City?
(a) A good job.
(b) His friends and Nola.
(c) His inheritance.
5. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
(a) She wanted to wait for a special time.
(b) She wanted a nicer environment than the cabin.
(c) She was attracted to Bailey.
(d) She didn't want him to think she was easy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Bruce and Joe both worked during school?
2. Why did Nola not lose at the card game?
3. What did Bruce and Nola hear on the the night they were at the cabin?
4. Why was Bruce anxious to leave Nola's sister's wedding?
5. At what university is Bruce offered a fellowship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show Bruce's affections for his mother regarding his going to the prom?
2. What conclusion does Bruce arrive at regarding Nola's need for a man?
3. What prompts Bruce to ask Nola to marry him?
4. Why did Bruce and Nola have few intimate moments together?
5. What factors must Bruce weigh in making decisions for his future?
6. What has Bruce's father done that solidifies Bruce's hatred for him?
7. How does Bruce violate his instincts about bringing any friends into their home?
8. What does the author reveal about the way Chet had died?
9. How does Bruce feel that he is above Nola's family members?
10. What were the circumstances that prompted Bruce to go to law school?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)