|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Bruce viewed Joe's father when Bruce was a boy?
(a) As unattainable.
(b) As an average guy.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As a bum.
2. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
3. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
(a) To become a doctor.
(b) To become a professor.
(c) To become a lawyer.
(d) To become a business manager.
4. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
(a) She was an uneducated woman.
(b) She was brilliant in every way.
(c) She was heartless.
(d) She was the love of his life.
5. After what event had the person in #127 written the letter?
(a) Mrs. Mason's funeral.
(b) Nola's graduation.
(c) Chet's funeral.
(d) Bruce's graduation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bruce tell Nola to try to lift her spirits?
2. Who was Bill Binnion?
3. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
4. What was the nature of the relationship between Bruce and the person in #105?
5. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the only life Bruce had ever envisioned for his future?
2. What does Bruce recall about spending time at the Mulders' home?
3. Other than leaving Nola, what complicated Bruce's decision regarding going to law school?
4. Why does Bruce think more about his time with Nola than Chet when he returned for Chet's funeral?
5. What could account for Bruce's high opinion of himself as a young man?
6. What does the author reveal about the way Chet had died?
7. What does Bruce recall about his brother, Chet's, life?
8. How did Nola avoid having sex with Bruce in the cabin that weekend?
9. What prompts Bruce to ask Nola to marry him?
10. What are the contents of the box saved by Aunt Margaret?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)