|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
2. What does Bruce note about the second house he visits on this night?
(a) It is much smaller than he remembered.
(b) It should be condemned.
(c) It is one of the happiest places his family ever lived.
(d) It was the site of horrible child abuse.
3. What did Bruce tell Nola to try to lift her spirits?
(a) They could get married tonight.
(b) They could run away tonight.
(c) They would have time together over the summer.
(d) She could go back to school with him.
4. What does Bruce believe about Nola and the first time he made love to her?
(a) She was terrified.
(b) She was not a virgin.
(c) She was a virgin.
(d) She was ecstatic.
5. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
2. What was Joe's father's name?
3. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
4. What garment is inside the box?
5. What did Bruce and the girl in #103 do during the intermission at the dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had Bruce thought about Nola's family members?
2. What does the author reveal about the way Chet had died?
3. What conclusion does Bruce arrive at regarding Nola's need for a man?
4. What game did the couples play when Bruce and Nola accompanied Bailey and his girlfriend to a cabin one weekend?
5. Why does Bruce think more about his time with Nola than Chet when he returned for Chet's funeral?
6. How does Bruce feel that he is above Nola's family members?
7. How have Bruce's perceptions of Nola changed over the years?
8. What did Bruce do when it became apparent that Bailey was hitting on Nola?
9. What does Bruce recall about Nola's virginity the first time they were intimate?
10. What has Bruce's father done that solidifies Bruce's hatred for him?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)