|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
(a) To smoke dope.
(b) To drink whiskey.
(c) To shoot rifles.
(d) To get some peace.
2. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
(a) She was attracted to Bailey.
(b) She didn't want him to think she was easy.
(c) She wanted to wait for a special time.
(d) She wanted a nicer environment than the cabin.
3. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for leaving Salt Lake City?
(a) A down economy.
(b) No cultural life.
(c) Religious restrictions.
(d) His family legacy.
4. At what university is Bruce offered a fellowship?
(a) Ohio State University.
(b) University of Minnesota.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Duke University.
5. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
(a) She is a woman who can't be without a man.
(b) She wanted to marry into money.
(c) She fell instantly in love with him.
(d) To help her care for the children of her first marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interrupts Bruce and Nola during the activity in #104?
2. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
3. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
4. Who had written the letter Bruce picks out of the box?
5. Which girl did Bruce take to the prom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What game did the couples play when Bruce and Nola accompanied Bailey and his girlfriend to a cabin one weekend?
2. How does the author show Bruce's affections for his mother regarding his going to the prom?
3. Other than leaving Nola, what complicated Bruce's decision regarding going to law school?
4. What does the author reveal about the way Chet had died?
5. What had Bruce thought about Nola's family members?
6. What conclusion does Bruce arrive at regarding Nola's need for a man?
7. What could account for Bruce's high opinion of himself as a young man?
8. How did Bruce separate himself from his own family in favor of the Mulders?
9. How have Bruce's perceptions of Nola changed over the years?
10. How does Bruce feel that he is above Nola's family members?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)