|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Bruce anxious to leave Nola's sister's wedding?
(a) To spend the night with Nola.
(b) To get away from her crazy relatives.
(c) To change into comfortable clothes.
(d) To get back to school.
2. Where can Bruce and Nola spend a night alone together?
(a) A cheap hotel.
(b) A bed and breakfast.
(c) The ranch of one of Nola's relatives.
(d) The Mulders' guest house.
3. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
(a) A girl who needed a man around all the time.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A one-man woman.
(d) A virgin.
4. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
(a) To shoot rifles.
(b) To smoke dope.
(c) To drink whiskey.
(d) To get some peace.
5. Who had written the letter Bruce picks out of the box?
(a) Mrs. Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
2. What garment is inside the box?
3. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
4. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
5. Who interrupts Bruce and Nola during the activity in #104?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author reveal about the way Chet had died?
2. What does Bruce recall about Nola's virginity the first time they were intimate?
3. What could account for Bruce's high opinion of himself as a young man?
4. What was the only life Bruce had ever envisioned for his future?
5. What game did the couples play when Bruce and Nola accompanied Bailey and his girlfriend to a cabin one weekend?
6. Why does Bruce think more about his time with Nola than Chet when he returned for Chet's funeral?
7. How does Bruce feel that he is above Nola's family members?
8. How did Bruce separate himself from his own family in favor of the Mulders?
9. How does Bruce violate his instincts about bringing any friends into their home?
10. What did Bruce do when it became apparent that Bailey was hitting on Nola?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)