|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The box contains two stacks of letters, an envelope filled with pictures and _______________.
(a) A yearbook.
(b) A rosary.
(c) Three books.
(d) A dried corsage.
2. Whose wedding to Bruce and Nola plan to attend?
(a) Nola's sister's.
3. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
(b) Heart Disease.
4. Why didn't Nola want to leave the cabin early?
(a) She wanted to stay for the sunset.
(b) She needed the time away from the city.
(c) It was getting dark.
(d) Bailey and his girlfriend would not have a ride home.
5. What religion did the Mulders practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
2. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
3. Where can Bruce and Nola spend a night alone together?
4. What complicates Bruce's post-college decision?
5. Why had Nola's ex-boyfriend come to visit her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have Bruce's perceptions of Nola changed over the years?
2. What does Bruce recall about his brother, Chet's, life?
3. What does Bruce recall about spending time at the Mulders' home?
4. What was the only life Bruce had ever envisioned for his future?
5. What conclusion does Bruce arrive at regarding Nola's need for a man?
6. How does Bruce violate his instincts about bringing any friends into their home?
7. What could account for Bruce's high opinion of himself as a young man?
8. What had Bruce thought about Nola's family members?
9. Why does Bruce think more about his time with Nola than Chet when he returned for Chet's funeral?
10. What were the circumstances that prompted Bruce to go to law school?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)