|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
(a) The army.
(c) Ad agency.
(d) Law school.
2. What does Bruce wonder as he stands in front of the house?
(a) He would like to buy the house.
(b) The house is well maintained.
(c) If anyone is still awake.
(d) It's amazing the house is still there.
3. Why did Joe once shove Bailey into a trash can?
(a) For hitting on the girlfriend of the tennis club manager.
(b) For kissing his sister.
(c) For breaking his new ball bat.
(d) For squealing on him about test answers.
4. In what field would Bruce be continuing his education?
5. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
Short Answer Questions
1. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
2. What religion did Nola's family practice?
3. Nola's family could be called ___________.
4. At what university is Bruce offered a fellowship?
5. How had Bruce viewed Joe's father when Bruce was a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the only life Bruce had ever envisioned for his future?
2. What could account for Bruce's high opinion of himself as a young man?
3. What has Bruce's father done that solidifies Bruce's hatred for him?
4. What prompts Bruce to ask Nola to marry him?
5. What had Bruce thought about Nola's family members?
6. Why did Bruce and Nola have few intimate moments together?
7. What does Bruce recall about Nola's virginity the first time they were intimate?
8. How does the author show Bruce's affections for his mother regarding his going to the prom?
9. What were the circumstances that prompted Bruce to go to law school?
10. What does Bruce recall about his brother, Chet's, life?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)