|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business does Bruce's father run out of their home?
(d) Underground newspaper.
2. What does Bruce steal from a neighbor's house?
(a) A lawn mower.
(b) A garden hose.
(c) A cabbage.
(d) A bike.
3. What does Bruce's father's job inhibit?
(a) Medical insurance.
(b) Good salary.
(c) Family friends.
4. Why does Bruce cry while he works on his project?
(a) His best friend moved away.
(b) He got a bad grade on a test.
(c) He wants to stay up later.
(d) He is so angry at his father.
5. In what type of establishment had Bruce's father killed himself?
(d) Bus station.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce's aunt's death mean to him?
2. Nola is described as ______________________.
3. How did Bruce get upstairs to the young woman's hotel room?
4. What messy substance does Bruce gather for the project?
5. What does Bruce need to complete his school project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
2. Why does Bruce hate his father for his mother's sake?
3. Describe the humorous scenario of Bruce trying to outwit the elevator man in Nola's hotel.
4. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
5. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
6. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
7. Who is Nola and what is her role in Bruce's life?
8. What was the importance of the tennis club in Bruce's life?
9. Who are the two friends that Bruce recalls as he reminisces about his childhood?
10. How does the elevator episode show Bruce's feelings for Nola?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)