|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bruce and the young woman do after he was able to get into her room?
(a) Listened to the radio.
(b) Made love.
(c) Kissed for awhile.
(d) Watched TV.
2. What does Bruce do with the item he steals from a neighbor's house?
(a) Gives it to his mother.
(b) Keeps it in the garage.
(c) Puts it back when he's finished.
(d) Gives it to his father.
3. What does Bruce do as the crowd grows as he waits after work one night?
(a) Faints from the heat.
(b) Loses his hat.
(c) Falls in the gutter.
(d) Brushes a girl's breast.
4. What other girl does Bruce recall from his younger days?
5. In school, Bruce was always too small and too ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the young woman ask Bruce to leave her hotel room?
2. How does Bruce spend most of his time now?
3. Who was Bruce's good friend in college?
4. How has Bruce been caring for his elderly aunt?
5. Where had Bruce's mother made his father get him a summer membership?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bruce come to join the tennis club?
2. What two items does the funeral director give Bruce before he leaves?
3. Who are Holly and Nola and what prompts Bruce to think of them?
4. What happened after Bruce finally made it into Nola's room?
5. What happens when the girl's boyfriend realizes that Bruce has gotten fresh with her?
6. What does Bruce think about as he eats dinner in the hotel?
7. What does Bruce find amusing about the building the funeral home is housed in?
8. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
9. Describe the humorous scenario of Bruce trying to outwit the elevator man in Nola's hotel.
10. Who is Nola and what is her role in Bruce's life?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)