|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce also plan to do when he visits the city in #4?
(a) See the sites of his childhood.
(b) Dedicate a library.
(c) Visit the U.S. Ambassador to Finland.
(d) Speak to his attorney.
2. What job does Bruce recall having when he was a boy?
(a) Errand boy.
(b) Grocery stock boy.
3. What type of business had Bruce's father had which has been replaced by a tall building?
(a) Pool hall.
(b) Liquor store.
(c) Cigar shop.
(d) Book Store.
4. Bruce drives and finds himself stopped in front of what kind of building?
(b) Apartment building.
5. What does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
(a) Death certificate.
(b) Prayer card.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which teacher did Bruce want to make a special display?
2. To what city does Bruce travel to plan his aunt's funeral?
3. Whose phone number does the funeral director give Bruce?
4. Why does Bruce cry while he works on his project?
5. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the importance of the tennis club in Bruce's life?
2. What two buildings does Bruce see that were important in his father's life?
3. What messy school project does Bruce recall and how did his father harass him?
4. Who are the two friends that Bruce recalls as he reminisces about his childhood?
5. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
6. What does Bruce learn about the phone number given to him by the funeral director?
7. Who is Nola and what is her role in Bruce's life?
8. What were Bruce's school years like?
9. What does Bruce think about as he eats dinner in the hotel?
10. What happened after Bruce finally made it into Nola's room?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)