|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did the girl in #11 play?
2. What is Bruce's marital status?
3. What does Bruce's aunt's death mean to him?
(a) He is too distraught to plan her funeral.
(b) He will be free of any more family obligations.
(c) She was the only person who ever loved him.
(d) He is devastated.
4. Who did Bruce once meet at the location in #83?
(a) Jim Brickel.
(c) Joe Mulder.
5. What did Bruce consider the athletes in school to be?
(a) Good sports.
(d) Big, dumb apes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce recall watching as he worked as a boy?
2. Who was Bruce's brother?
3. What room does Bruce recognize in the funeral home building?
4. In addition to the person in #19, who else would Bruce like to see on this trip?
5. Why is Bruce's father angry at Bruce and his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
2. How does Bruce distinguish between Young Bruce and Mature Bruce?
3. What two buildings does Bruce see that were important in his father's life?
4. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
5. What was the importance of the tennis club in Bruce's life?
6. How does the author show that Joe had been an important part of Bruce's life?
7. Why does Bruce hate his father for his own sake?
8. Who are the two friends that Bruce recalls as he reminisces about his childhood?
9. What were Bruce's school years like?
10. Who are Holly and Nola and what prompts Bruce to think of them?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)