|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bruce's family have to move every few months?
(a) So that his father can find a job.
(b) To keep ahead of the police.
(c) To find the best school for Bruce.
(d) To find better places to live.
2. In what type of establishment had Bruce's father killed himself?
(a) Bus station.
3. To what city does Bruce travel to plan his aunt's funeral?
(a) Salt Lake City.
4. What does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
(a) Prayer card.
(c) Death certificate.
5. How does the person in #49 respond to Bruce's advice?
(c) Ignores him.52?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
2. Jack Bailey once made love to a girl __________________.
3. Who was the girl Bruce spent time with in this old building?
4. Who did Bruce once meet at the location in #83?
5. Who does Bruce stand behind in line after work one night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce think about as he eats dinner in the hotel?
2. How does the episode of Bruce touching the girl's breast show what a simple time he lived in?
3. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
4. What does Bruce do that creates a positive bond between him and his father and then what does his father do that ruins all those good feelings?
5. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
6. What does Bruce find amusing about the building the funeral home is housed in?
7. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
8. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
9. Why does Bruce think more about his time with Nola than Chet when he returned for Chet's funeral?
10. What happened after Bruce finally made it into Nola's room?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)