|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had once lived in the structure in #61?
2. Where does Bruce go after he checks into his hotel?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) An Internet cafe.
(d) The funeral home.
3. How has Bruce been caring for his elderly aunt?
(a) She lives in his home.
(b) He does not care for her.
(c) He visits her in the nursing home.
4. In school, Bruce was always too small and too ______________.
5. Who does Bruce try to give advice to in the restaurant?
(a) Dinner companion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce drives by a _______________ and recalls a girl he used to date who worked there.
2. Who tried to prevent Bruce from entering the young woman's hotel room?
3. What type of store did Jack Bailey once work in?
4. Who is Bruce's father?
5. What other girl does Bruce recall from his younger days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contents of the box saved by Aunt Margaret?
2. What was the only life Bruce had ever envisioned for his future?
3. What does Bruce recall about Nola's virginity the first time they were intimate?
4. Why did Bruce and Nola have few intimate moments together?
5. What did Bruce do when it became apparent that Bailey was hitting on Nola?
6. Who is Nola and what is her role in Bruce's life?
7. How does Bruce come to terms with his father and his impact on Bruce's life?
8. What conclusion does Bruce arrive at regarding Nola's need for a man?
9. What does the recollection of his father's grief all those years ago prompt Bruce to do before he leaves Salt Lake City?
10. How does the author show that Joe had been an important part of Bruce's life?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)