|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the woman in #62?
2. Who tried to prevent Bruce from entering the young woman's hotel room?
(a) The young woman's mother.
(b) The young woman.
(c) The elevator man.
(d) The young woman's roommate.
3. Who was Bruce's brother?
4. Where does Bruce go after he checks into his hotel?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The funeral home.
(c) A bar.
(d) An Internet cafe.
5. Why did Bruce panic regarding the girl in #11?
(a) She got pregnant.
(b) She begged him to take her away with him.
(c) She wanted to get married.
(d) She got too serious too fast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce recalls that he was a/an _____________ teenager.
2. What does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
3. Where had Bruce's mother made his father get him a summer membership?
4. What does Bruce's father's job inhibit?
5. Who does Bruce try to give advice to in the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author reveal about the way Chet had died?
2. What could account for Bruce's high opinion of himself as a young man?
3. How does Bruce violate his instincts about bringing any friends into their home?
4. What happened after Bruce finally made it into Nola's room?
5. What messy school project does Bruce recall and how did his father harass him?
6. Who are Holly and Nola and what prompts Bruce to think of them?
7. What factors must Bruce weigh in making decisions for his future?
8. What is the premise of RECAPITULATION?
9. How does Bruce distinguish between Young Bruce and Mature Bruce?
10. How does the author show Bruce's affections for his mother regarding his going to the prom?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)