|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Jack converse while having sex in the location in #76?
(a) A flight attendant.
(b) The elevator man.
(c) The girl's mother.
(d) A lifeguard.
2. Why does Bruce's family have to move every few months?
(a) To keep ahead of the police.
(b) So that his father can find a job.
(c) To find the best school for Bruce.
(d) To find better places to live.
3. In school, Bruce was always too small and too ______________.
4. What else does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
(a) Phone number.
5. Why was Bruce unable to take the woman in #62 to her room one evening?
(a) The woman would not allow it.
(b) It was late and he had an early wake-up call.
(c) He had an emergency call at the hospital.
(d) The elevator attendant would not allow it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What messy substance does Bruce gather for the project?
2. What does Bruce's aunt's death mean to him?
3. Why is Bruce's father angry at Bruce and his mother?
4. Who does Bruce stand behind in line after work one night?
5. Nola is described as ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bruce find amusing about the building the funeral home is housed in?
2. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
3. Why does Bruce hate his father for his own sake?
4. What is the nature of Bruce's father's work?
5. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
6. What does Bruce learn about the phone number given to him by the funeral director?
7. Who are Holly and Nola and what prompts Bruce to think of them?
8. What messy school project does Bruce recall and how did his father harass him?
9. How does the episode of Bruce touching the girl's breast show what a simple time he lived in?
10. How does Bruce distinguish between Young Bruce and Mature Bruce?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)