|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce need to complete his school project?
2. How does Bruce get home from his job?
(a) The train.
(b) The bus.
(c) A cab.
(d) His bike.
3. Why was Bruce unable to take the woman in #62 to her room one evening?
(a) The elevator attendant would not allow it.
(b) He had an emergency call at the hospital.
(c) The woman would not allow it.
(d) It was late and he had an early wake-up call.
4. What does Bruce do as the crowd grows as he waits after work one night?
(a) Faints from the heat.
(b) Falls in the gutter.
(c) Loses his hat.
(d) Brushes a girl's breast.
5. Whose phone number does the funeral director give Bruce?
(c) Jim Barton's.
(d) Joe Mulder's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nola always need in her life?
2. Bruce identifies the accent of the person in #49 as being from __________________.
3. How does Bruce characterize Jack Bailey's interactions with women?
4. Bruce stops the car and gets out when he sees which venue?
5. Why does one of Bruce's father's customers leave early?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the importance of the tennis club in Bruce's life?
2. What two buildings does Bruce see that were important in his father's life?
3. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
4. What happens when the girl's boyfriend realizes that Bruce has gotten fresh with her?
5. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
6. What prompts Bruce to think of Jack Bailey and what does he recall regarding Jack being a cad with women?
7. How did Bruce come to join the tennis club?
8. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
9. Describe the humorous scenario of Bruce trying to outwit the elevator man in Nola's hotel.
10. What does Bruce learn about the phone number given to him by the funeral director?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)