|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bruce consider the athletes in school to be?
(a) Big, dumb apes.
(b) Good sports.
2. Nola is described as ______________________.
(a) a real blonde.
(b) an idiot.
(c) a brainiac.
(d) living from the neck down.
3. Why does a girl's boyfriend get mad at Bruce?
(a) He kissed his girlfriend.
(b) He touched his girlfriend inappropriately.
(c) He stole money from his wallet.
(d) He stepped on his new shoes.
4. What does Bruce also plan to do when he visits the city in #4?
(a) See the sites of his childhood.
(b) Visit the U.S. Ambassador to Finland.
(c) Speak to his attorney.
(d) Dedicate a library.
5. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
(a) Because she won't drive him to school.
(b) Because she won't get a job.
(c) Because she won't learn to read.
(d) Because she stays with his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Bruce been caring for his elderly aunt?
2. Why does Bruce walk all the way home on this night?
3. What did Bruce think of Jack Bailey's fashion sense?
4. What does Bruce steal from a neighbor's house?
5. In addition to the person in #19, who else would Bruce like to see on this trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What messy school project does Bruce recall and how did his father harass him?
2. What was the importance of the tennis club in Bruce's life?
3. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
4. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
5. What happened after Bruce finally made it into Nola's room?
6. Who are Holly and Nola and what prompts Bruce to think of them?
7. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
8. What is the premise of RECAPITULATION?
9. What is the nature of Bruce's father's work?
10. Why does Bruce hate his father for his mother's sake?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)