|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bruce stand behind in line after work one night?
(a) A priest.
(b) A young couple.
(c) A family of five.
(d) A single mother.
2. Which friend did Bruce hate when he left Salt Lake City years ago?
(a) Aaron Johnson.
(b) Jack Bailey.
(c) Jim Monroe.
(d) Bill Miller.
3. How does the person in #49 respond to Bruce's advice?
(d) Ignores him.52?
4. In what type of establishment had Bruce's father killed himself?
(b) Bus station.
5. Who was Bruce's good friend in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce identifies the accent of the person in #49 as being from __________________.
2. How does Bruce get home from his job?
3. Who had once lived in the structure in #61?
4. What is Bruce's father's nickname?
5. Why does Bruce's family have to move every few months?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened after Bruce finally made it into Nola's room?
2. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
3. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
4. How does the author show that Joe had been an important part of Bruce's life?
5. Why does Bruce hate his father for his own sake?
6. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
7. How did Bruce come to join the tennis club?
8. What was the importance of the tennis club in Bruce's life?
9. What two items does the funeral director give Bruce before he leaves?
10. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)