|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bruce characterize Jack Bailey's interactions with women?
(a) He was a cad.
(b) He was cautious.
(c) He was a brute.
(d) He was a romantic.
2. Who was Bruce's good friend in college?
3. Who does Bruce try to give advice to in the restaurant?
(b) Dinner companion.
4. Where had Bruce's mother made his father get him a summer membership?
(a) The swim club.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) The tennis club.
(d) The golf course.
5. What does Bruce do before going upstairs at the funeral home?
(a) Makes some phone calls.
(b) Makes some notes for the obituary.
(d) Views his aunt's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bruce cry while he works on his project?
2. What does the breeze from the mountain remind Bruce of?
3. What does Bruce's father's job inhibit?
4. How many years have passed since Bruce has left his hometown?
5. Bruce identifies the accent of the person in #49 as being from __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Nola and what is her role in Bruce's life?
2. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
3. What does Bruce find amusing about the building the funeral home is housed in?
4. How did Bruce come to join the tennis club?
5. What is the premise of RECAPITULATION?
6. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
7. How does Bruce distinguish between Young Bruce and Mature Bruce?
8. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
9. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
10. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)