|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what city does Bruce travel to plan his aunt's funeral?
(a) Salt Lake City.
2. For which teacher did Bruce want to make a special display?
3. In school, Bruce was always too small and too ______________.
4. Why does a girl's boyfriend get mad at Bruce?
(a) He stepped on his new shoes.
(b) He kissed his girlfriend.
(c) He touched his girlfriend inappropriately.
(d) He stole money from his wallet.
5. What had Bruce thought he would be at the location in #86?
(a) A star.
(b) A hero.
(c) An outsider.
(d) A failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce find amusing about the location in #6?
2. Whose phone number does the funeral director give Bruce?
3. How does Bruce spend most of his time now?
4. What else does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
5. What does Bruce's mother want him to do after he walked home from work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the recollection of his father's grief all those years ago prompt Bruce to do before he leaves Salt Lake City?
2. What conclusion does Bruce arrive at regarding Nola's need for a man?
3. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
4. What does Bruce think about as he eats dinner in the hotel?
5. What has Bruce's father done that solidifies Bruce's hatred for him?
6. What is the premise of RECAPITULATION?
7. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
8. Why did Bruce and Nola have few intimate moments together?
9. Why does Bruce think more about his time with Nola than Chet when he returned for Chet's funeral?
10. What were the circumstances that prompted Bruce to go to law school?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)