|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose phone number does the funeral director give Bruce?
(c) Joe Mulder's.
(d) Jim Barton's.
2. What room does Bruce recognize in the funeral home building?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The living room.
3. What does Bruce also plan to do when he visits the city in #4?
(a) Dedicate a library.
(b) Speak to his attorney.
(c) See the sites of his childhood.
(d) Visit the U.S. Ambassador to Finland.
4. What is the last name of the woman in #62?
5. How does Bruce get home from his job?
(a) A cab.
(b) The train.
(c) His bike.
(d) The bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bruce get upstairs to the young woman's hotel room?
2. Who taught Bruce to play tennis?
3. Bruce drives and finds himself stopped in front of what kind of building?
4. How does Bruce characterize Jack Bailey's interactions with women?
5. What does Bruce's father's job inhibit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the elevator episode show Bruce's feelings for Nola?
2. What were Bruce's school years like?
3. What does Bruce find amusing about the building the funeral home is housed in?
4. Who are Holly and Nola and what prompts Bruce to think of them?
5. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
6. What saddens Bruce as he walks the streets of Salt Lake City?
7. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
8. Who are the two friends that Bruce recalls as he reminisces about his childhood?
9. What is the nature of Bruce's father's work?
10. What two items does the funeral director give Bruce before he leaves?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)