|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bruce try to give advice to in the restaurant?
(a) Dinner companion.
2. What type of childhood did Bruce have?
3. Why does Bruce cry while he works on his project?
(a) His best friend moved away.
(b) He got a bad grade on a test.
(c) He is so angry at his father.
(d) He wants to stay up later.
4. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
(a) Because she won't drive him to school.
(b) Because she won't get a job.
(c) Because she stays with his father.
(d) Because she won't learn to read.
5. What special display did Bruce want to create for the teacher?
(a) Roman castra.
(b) The Alamo.
(c) Solar system.
(d) Marine life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce stops the car and gets out when he sees which venue?
2. How old is Bruce Mason?
3. Why was Bruce unable to take the woman in #62 to her room one evening?
4. What does Bruce do as the crowd grows as he waits after work one night?
5. Where did Bruce have the job mentioned in #52?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Bruce to think of Jack Bailey and what does he recall regarding Jack being a cad with women?
2. What does Bruce find amusing about the building the funeral home is housed in?
3. Describe the humorous scenario of Bruce trying to outwit the elevator man in Nola's hotel.
4. What two items does the funeral director give Bruce before he leaves?
5. How does the elevator episode show Bruce's feelings for Nola?
6. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
7. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
8. Why does Bruce hate his father for his mother's sake?
9. Who is Nola and what is her role in Bruce's life?
10. What saddens Bruce as he walks the streets of Salt Lake City?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)