|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bruce spend most of his time now?
(a) Playing golf.
2. For which teacher did Bruce want to make a special display?
3. Where had Bruce's mother made his father get him a summer membership?
(a) The swim club.
(b) The YMCA.
(c) The tennis club.
(d) The golf course.
4. What does Bruce's aunt's death mean to him?
(a) She was the only person who ever loved him.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is too distraught to plan her funeral.
(d) He will be free of any more family obligations.
5. Jack Bailey once made love to a girl __________________.
(a) In an airplane bathroom.
(b) Standing on her front porch.
(c) Standing in an elevator.
(d) In the surf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business had Bruce's father had which has been replaced by a tall building?
2. What does the breeze from the mountain remind Bruce of?
3. What was the job of the girl mentioned in #79?
4. What does Bruce steal from a neighbor's house?
5. Who was Bruce's good friend in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the girl's boyfriend realizes that Bruce has gotten fresh with her?
2. What does Bruce think about as he eats dinner in the hotel?
3. How did Bruce come to join the tennis club?
4. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
5. How does the author show that Joe had been an important part of Bruce's life?
6. Describe the humorous scenario of Bruce trying to outwit the elevator man in Nola's hotel.
7. What saddens Bruce as he walks the streets of Salt Lake City?
8. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
9. How does the episode of Bruce touching the girl's breast show what a simple time he lived in?
10. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)