|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
(a) Death certificate.
(d) Prayer card.
2. What was the job of the girl mentioned in #79?
(c) Nurse's aide.
(d) Ticket counter.
3. Bruce drives and finds himself stopped in front of what kind of building?
(c) Apartment building.
4. How does Bruce get home from his job?
(a) A cab.
(b) The train.
(c) His bike.
(d) The bus.
5. Nola is described as ______________________.
(a) a brainiac.
(b) a real blonde.
(c) living from the neck down.
(d) an idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what city does Bruce travel to plan his aunt's funeral?
2. Who does Bruce try to give advice to in the restaurant?
3. What does Bruce recall watching as he worked as a boy?
4. Why did Bruce panic regarding the girl in #11?
5. What does Bruce do before going upstairs at the funeral home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the episode of Bruce touching the girl's breast show what a simple time he lived in?
2. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
3. Who are Holly and Nola and what prompts Bruce to think of them?
4. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
5. Who is Nola and what is her role in Bruce's life?
6. What happened after Bruce finally made it into Nola's room?
7. What saddens Bruce as he walks the streets of Salt Lake City?
8. Why does Bruce hate his father for his mother's sake?
9. What were Bruce's school years like?
10. How does the elevator episode show Bruce's feelings for Nola?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)