|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What messy substance does Bruce gather for the project?
2. How old is Bruce Mason?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his forties.
3. What did Bruce and the young woman do after he was able to get into her room?
(a) Listened to the radio.
(b) Kissed for awhile.
(c) Watched TV.
(d) Made love.
4. Bruce identifies the accent of the person in #49 as being from __________________.
(b) Clear Creek Township.
(d) Cache Valley.
5. What is Bruce Mason's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce thinks of himself as two different people--Young Bruce and _______________.
2. Who does Bruce stand behind in line after work one night?
3. Who tried to prevent Bruce from entering the young woman's hotel room?
4. What instrument did the girl in #11 play?
5. Who is Bruce's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What saddens Bruce as he walks the streets of Salt Lake City?
2. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
3. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
4. How does the episode of Bruce touching the girl's breast show what a simple time he lived in?
5. What is the premise of RECAPITULATION?
6. Why does Bruce hate his father for his mother's sake?
7. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
8. What two buildings does Bruce see that were important in his father's life?
9. Who is Nola and what is her role in Bruce's life?
10. What messy school project does Bruce recall and how did his father harass him?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)