|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does a girl's boyfriend get mad at Bruce?
(a) He kissed his girlfriend.
(b) He stepped on his new shoes.
(c) He stole money from his wallet.
(d) He touched his girlfriend inappropriately.
2. What does Bruce recall that he was during school?
(a) A jock.
(b) A gang member.
(c) An outcast.
(d) A brainiac.
3. What does Bruce need to complete his school project?
4. What does Bruce's aunt's death mean to him?
(a) She was the only person who ever loved him.
(b) He will be free of any more family obligations.
(c) He is too distraught to plan her funeral.
(d) He is devastated.
5. What did Bruce consider the athletes in school to be?
(a) Big, dumb apes.
(c) Good sports.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Bruce's brother?
2. What messy substance does Bruce gather for the project?
3. Who was the girl Bruce spent time with in this old building?
4. Why does Bruce hate his father?
5. Who is Bruce's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
2. What does Bruce find amusing about the building the funeral home is housed in?
3. Why does Bruce hate his father for his mother's sake?
4. What saddens Bruce as he walks the streets of Salt Lake City?
5. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
6. What prompts Bruce to think of Jack Bailey and what does he recall regarding Jack being a cad with women?
7. What does Bruce learn about the phone number given to him by the funeral director?
8. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
9. What is the nature of Bruce's father's work?
10. Who are Holly and Nola and what prompts Bruce to think of them?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)