|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the girl Bruce spent time with in this old building?
2. Why did the young woman ask Bruce to leave her hotel room?
(a) She really did not like him.
(b) She needed to make a phone call.
(c) She needed to get to sleep.
(d) She was not ready for a sexual relationship.
3. What does Bruce's father's job inhibit?
(a) Medical insurance.
(b) Good salary.
(d) Family friends.
4. What does Bruce also plan to do when he visits the city in #4?
(a) Speak to his attorney.
(b) Dedicate a library.
(c) See the sites of his childhood.
(d) Visit the U.S. Ambassador to Finland.
5. Why does Bruce walk all the way home on this night?
(a) He is out of gas.
(b) He missed the last train.
(c) His bike has a flat tire.
(d) He is afraid the girl's boyfriend will find him on the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce drives and finds himself stopped in front of what kind of building?
2. Who does Bruce try to give advice to in the restaurant?
3. Bruce thought Jack was immoral but _____________.
4. What type of store did Jack Bailey once work in?
5. With whom did Jack converse while having sex in the location in #76?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
2. How does the episode of Bruce touching the girl's breast show what a simple time he lived in?
3. What saddens Bruce as he walks the streets of Salt Lake City?
4. Why does Bruce hate his father for his own sake?
5. What is the nature of Bruce's father's work?
6. What does Bruce recall about the house once he is inside?
7. How did Bruce come to join the tennis club?
8. What were Bruce's school years like?
9. What two items does the funeral director give Bruce before he leaves?
10. How does the author show that Joe had been an important part of Bruce's life?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)