|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bruce thought Jack was immoral but _____________.
(a) A good guy overall.
(c) Admired him anyway.
2. What other girl does Bruce recall from his younger days?
3. Why does a girl's boyfriend get mad at Bruce?
(a) He stole money from his wallet.
(b) He stepped on his new shoes.
(c) He touched his girlfriend inappropriately.
(d) He kissed his girlfriend.
4. What does Bruce recall watching as he worked as a boy?
(a) A couple dancing.
(b) A brawl.
(c) A sunset.
(d) A drug deal.
5. What does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
(a) Prayer card.
(d) Death certificate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce thinks of himself as two different people--Young Bruce and _______________.
2. Where had Bruce's mother made his father get him a summer membership?
3. Who was Bruce's brother?
4. Who was the girl Bruce spent time with in this old building?
5. What type of store did Jack Bailey once work in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the symbolism of the cabbage that Bruce steals?
2. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
3. What prompts Bruce to recall a time he worked as a busboy at a restaurant on a lake.
4. How does the author show that Joe had been an important part of Bruce's life?
5. What does Bruce think about as he eats dinner in the hotel?
6. What happens when the girl's boyfriend realizes that Bruce has gotten fresh with her?
7. Who is Nola and what is her role in Bruce's life?
8. What messy school project does Bruce recall and how did his father harass him?
9. What two items does the funeral director give Bruce before he leaves?
10. What is the premise of RECAPITULATION?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)