|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Bruce get upstairs to the young woman's hotel room?
(a) He did not go upstairs.
(b) He took the stairs.
(c) He took the fire escape.
(d) He took the elevator.
2. What does Prohibition forbid?
(b) Adult book stores.
(c) Strip clubs.
3. Whose phone number does the funeral director give Bruce?
(a) Jim Barton's.
(b) Joe Mulder's.
4. Why was Bruce unable to take the woman in #62 to her room one evening?
(a) He had an emergency call at the hospital.
(b) The woman would not allow it.
(c) It was late and he had an early wake-up call.
(d) The elevator attendant would not allow it.
5. What was the job of the girl mentioned in #79?
(b) Nurse's aide.
(d) Ticket counter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of childhood did Bruce have?
2. Bruce thought Jack was immoral but _____________.
3. Why does a girl's boyfriend get mad at Bruce?
4. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
5. What does Bruce's aunt's death mean to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What prompts Bruce to think of Jack Bailey and what does he recall regarding Jack being a cad with women?
2. Describe the situation in which Bruce touches a girl's breast for the first time.
3. What messy school project does Bruce recall and how did his father harass him?
4. What is the premise of RECAPITULATION?
5. What were Bruce's school years like?
6. How does Bruce distinguish between Young Bruce and Mature Bruce?
7. What saddens Bruce as he walks the streets of Salt Lake City?
8. Why does Bruce hate his father for his own sake?
9. Describe the humorous scenario of Bruce trying to outwit the elevator man in Nola's hotel.
10. What two items does the funeral director give Bruce before he leaves?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)