|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Bruce believe Nola had made love before him?
(a) Her high school boyfriend.
(d) Her neighbor.
2. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
(a) She is a woman who can't be without a man.
(b) To help her care for the children of her first marriage.
(c) She fell instantly in love with him.
(d) She wanted to marry into money.
3. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
(a) To become a doctor.
(b) To become a business manager.
(c) To become a lawyer.
(d) To become a professor.
4. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
5. What religion did Nola's family practice?
6. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
(a) Law school.
(c) Ad agency.
(d) The army.
7. What happens when Bruce knocks on the door of the house?
(a) No one answers.
(b) He does not knock on the door.
(c) A new family lives there.
(d) He wakes everybody in the house next door.
8. With whom did Nola eventually run away?
9. What complicates Bruce's post-college decision?
(a) Nola is pregnant.
(b) Mr. Mason is killed in a car accident.
(c) Mrs. Mason is terminally ill.
(d) Mr. Mulder offers shares in the business.
10. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
11. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
(a) Strip poker.
12. Why was Bruce reluctant to leave his mother at home while he went to the prom?
(a) His father had beaten her again.
(b) She had a sick migraine.
(c) She was recovering from breast cancer surgery.
(d) She never got to go anywhere nice.
13. What is the subject of the pictures that Bruce sees in the box?
(a) High school graduation.
(b) The homecoming game.
(c) Nola's sister's wedding.
(d) Holly's wedding.
14. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
(a) He wanted to humiliate her.
(b) He wanted to show her who was boss.
(c) He wanted to see her naked.
(d) He wanted to teach her a lesson.
15. Whose wedding to Bruce and Nola plan to attend?
(d) Nola's sister's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce believe about Nola and the first time he made love to her?
2. Which girl did Bruce take to the prom?
3. The box contains two stacks of letters, an envelope filled with pictures and _______________.
4. Who interrupts Bruce and Nola during the activity in #104?
5. Why did Bruce leave at the end of the summer?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)