|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
(a) She fell instantly in love with him.
(b) She is a woman who can't be without a man.
(c) To help her care for the children of her first marriage.
(d) She wanted to marry into money.
2. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(b) Desperate for him.
3. Why was Bruce anxious to leave Nola's sister's wedding?
(a) To get away from her crazy relatives.
(b) To get back to school.
(c) To spend the night with Nola.
(d) To change into comfortable clothes.
4. What was the nature of the relationship between Bruce and the person in #105?
5. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
6. Why was Bruce reluctant to leave his mother at home while he went to the prom?
(a) She had a sick migraine.
(b) She was recovering from breast cancer surgery.
(c) His father had beaten her again.
(d) She never got to go anywhere nice.
7. Why did Nola not lose at the card game?
(a) Nola was much better than Bailey thought.
(b) The game broke up suddenly.
(c) She was a clever player.
(d) Bruce cheated to help her.
8. Why do Bruce and Nola not make love during the weekend at the cabin?
(a) Bruce was upset that Nola flirted with Bailey.
(b) Nola was angry at Bruce.
(c) They didn't have enough privacy.
(d) Nola had her menstrual period.
9. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
(a) She didn't want him to think she was easy.
(b) She wanted to wait for a special time.
(c) She wanted a nicer environment than the cabin.
(d) She was attracted to Bailey.
10. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
(a) A recluse.
(b) A virgin.
(c) A one-man woman.
(d) A girl who needed a man around all the time.
11. What religion did the Mulders practice?
12. The box contains two stacks of letters, an envelope filled with pictures and _______________.
(a) A rosary.
(b) Three books.
(c) A yearbook.
(d) A dried corsage.
13. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for staying in Salt Lake City?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) His friends and Nola.
(d) A good job.
14. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
15. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
(a) He wanted to teach her a lesson.
(b) He wanted to show her who was boss.
(c) He wanted to humiliate her.
(d) He wanted to see her naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce recalls that Bailey ____________________ Nola.
2. Whose wedding to Bruce and Nola plan to attend?
3. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
4. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
5. What complicates Bruce's post-college decision?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)