|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Nola eventually run away?
2. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for staying in Salt Lake City?
(b) His friends and Nola.
(c) His inheritance.
(d) A good job.
3. Bruce realizes the box was not packed by Aunt Margaret but had been returned to him from _______________.
4. What religion did the Mulders practice?
5. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
(a) Heart Disease.
6. Where can Bruce and Nola spend a night alone together?
(a) The Mulders' guest house.
(b) A bed and breakfast.
(c) The ranch of one of Nola's relatives.
(d) A cheap hotel.
7. Who had Bruce given the item in #110 to wear?
8. What does Mature Bruce think that Nola would not have appreciated?
(a) Touring Europe.
(b) Fine jewelry.
(d) The books he loaned her.
9. Why didn't Nola want to leave the cabin early?
(a) She wanted to stay for the sunset.
(b) It was getting dark.
(c) She needed the time away from the city.
(d) Bailey and his girlfriend would not have a ride home.
10. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
(a) To drink whiskey.
(b) To shoot rifles.
(c) To smoke dope.
(d) To get some peace.
11. Nola's family's business was ________________.
12. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
13. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
(a) He wanted to show her who was boss.
(b) He wanted to humiliate her.
(c) He wanted to see her naked.
(d) He wanted to teach her a lesson.
14. Who was Bill Binnion?
(a) Bruce's football coach.
(b) Bruce's godfather.
(c) Bruce's first boss.
(d) Bruce's English professor.
15. What does Bruce believe about Nola and the first time he made love to her?
(a) She was not a virgin.
(b) She was ecstatic.
(c) She was a virgin.
(d) She was terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bruce intrigued by the box given to him by the funeral director?
2. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
3. Why did Bruce leave at the end of the summer?
4. What does Nola say when Bruce asks her to marry him?
5. Bruce recalls that Bailey ____________________ Nola.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)