|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Bruce viewed Joe's father when Bruce was a boy?
(a) As a hero.
(b) As a bum.
(c) As unattainable.
(d) As an average guy.
2. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
(c) Heart Disease.
3. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for leaving Salt Lake City?
(a) No cultural life.
(b) His family legacy.
(c) Religious restrictions.
(d) A down economy.
4. What complicates Bruce's post-college decision?
(a) Mr. Mulder offers shares in the business.
(b) Nola is pregnant.
(c) Mr. Mason is killed in a car accident.
(d) Mrs. Mason is terminally ill.
5. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
6. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
7. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(b) Desperate for him.
8. At what university is Bruce offered a fellowship?
(a) Duke University.
(b) University of Minnesota.
(c) University of Michigan.
(d) Ohio State University.
9. Who interrupts Bruce and Nola during the activity in #104?
(d) Bruce's father.
10. Nola's family could be called ___________.
11. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The Clarks.
(b) The Morgans.
(c) The Mulders.
(d) The Sandersons.
12. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
(b) Strip poker.
13. Who had written the letter Bruce picks out of the box?
(b) Mrs. Mason.
14. What is the subject of the pictures that Bruce sees in the box?
(a) The homecoming game.
(b) High school graduation.
(c) Holly's wedding.
(d) Nola's sister's wedding.
15. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce realizes the box was not packed by Aunt Margaret but had been returned to him from _______________.
2. What happens when Bruce knocks on the door of the house?
3. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
4. Why was Bruce anxious to leave Nola's sister's wedding?
5. Why had Nola's ex-boyfriend come to visit her?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)