|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
(a) To travel before settling down.
(b) To get married.
(c) To enter a dance contest.
(d) To make him her singing partner.
2. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
3. What does Bruce recall about the Mulder family?
(a) They were strict Catholics.
(b) They were good and respectable.
(c) They were very poor.
(d) They were itinerant.
4. What religion did Nola's family practice?
5. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
(a) To become a lawyer.
(b) To become a professor.
(c) To become a doctor.
(d) To become a business manager.
6. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
7. What was Joe's father's name?
8. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
(a) She wanted to marry into money.
(b) To help her care for the children of her first marriage.
(c) She is a woman who can't be without a man.
(d) She fell instantly in love with him.
9. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
(a) She was attracted to Bailey.
(b) She wanted a nicer environment than the cabin.
(c) She wanted to wait for a special time.
(d) She didn't want him to think she was easy.
10. What did Bruce and the girl in #103 do during the intermission at the dance?
(a) Visited Bruce's mother.
(b) Strolled in the moonlight.
(c) Kissed in his car.
(d) Went out for beer.
11. Where had Bruce and Joe both worked during school?
(a) Olive Garden.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The Mulder Nursery.
12. What happens when Bruce knocks on the door of the house?
(a) A new family lives there.
(b) He wakes everybody in the house next door.
(c) No one answers.
(d) He does not knock on the door.
13. Why was Bruce anxious to leave Nola's sister's wedding?
(a) To spend the night with Nola.
(b) To get back to school.
(c) To get away from her crazy relatives.
(d) To change into comfortable clothes.
14. What did Bruce and Nola hear on the the night they were at the cabin?
(a) Listened to the loons on the lake.
(b) Listened to the radio.
(c) Listened to the crickets.
(d) Listened to Bailey and his girlfriend make love.
15. Why had Nola's ex-boyfriend come to visit her?
(a) To ask her to marry him.
(b) To see if she could love him again.
(c) To say goodbye before going to New York.
(d) To return some of her things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
2. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
3. What does Bruce believe about Nola and the first time he made love to her?
4. Why is Bruce intrigued by the box given to him by the funeral director?
5. What does Bruce wonder as he stands in front of the house?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)