|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The Clarks.
(b) The Sandersons.
(c) The Mulders.
(d) The Morgans.
2. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
(a) He wanted to see her naked.
(b) He wanted to show her who was boss.
(c) He wanted to teach her a lesson.
(d) He wanted to humiliate her.
3. What religion did the Mulders practice?
4. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
(a) She is a woman who can't be without a man.
(b) She wanted to marry into money.
(c) To help her care for the children of her first marriage.
(d) She fell instantly in love with him.
5. What garment is inside the box?
(a) Wedding dress.
(b) Baby shoes.
(c) Athletic sweater.
6. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
(a) To get married.
(b) To travel before settling down.
(c) To make him her singing partner.
(d) To enter a dance contest.
7. After what event had the person in #127 written the letter?
(a) Nola's graduation.
(b) Mrs. Mason's funeral.
(c) Bruce's graduation.
(d) Chet's funeral.
8. What does Nola say when Bruce asks her to marry him?
(d) She needs to think about it.
9. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
(d) Heart Disease.
10. What restricted the intimate moments between Bruce and Nola?
(a) Bruce's father.
(b) She had a schizophrenic personality.
(c) Not much alone time.
(d) Nola's mother.
11. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(b) Desperate for him.
12. What does Bruce note about the second house he visits on this night?
(a) It should be condemned.
(b) It is one of the happiest places his family ever lived.
(c) It was the site of horrible child abuse.
(d) It is much smaller than he remembered.
13. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
(a) To get some peace.
(b) To smoke dope.
(c) To drink whiskey.
(d) To shoot rifles.
14. Who had Bruce given the item in #110 to wear?
15. What did Bruce and the girl in #103 do during the intermission at the dance?
(a) Kissed in his car.
(b) Strolled in the moonlight.
(c) Went out for beer.
(d) Visited Bruce's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Bruce spent his career as a diplomat?
2. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
3. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
4. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
5. Why didn't Nola want to leave the cabin early?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)