|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which girl did Bruce take to the prom?
2. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
3. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
(a) He wanted to show her who was boss.
(b) He wanted to teach her a lesson.
(c) He wanted to see her naked.
(d) He wanted to humiliate her.
4. Bruce realizes the box was not packed by Aunt Margaret but had been returned to him from _______________.
5. Why was Chet's annulled marriage renewed?
(a) Her parents insisted on it.
(b) His wife was pregnant.
(c) He went against his parents' wishes.
(d) They couldn't live without each other.
6. Who interrupts Bruce and Nola during the activity in #104?
(d) Bruce's father.
7. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
(a) A virgin.
(b) A one-man woman.
(c) A girl who needed a man around all the time.
(d) A recluse.
8. What does Bruce recall about the Mulder family?
(a) They were itinerant.
(b) They were strict Catholics.
(c) They were good and respectable.
(d) They were very poor.
9. Why is Bruce intrigued by the box given to him by the funeral director?
(a) It has old photos taped to the outside.
(b) It is an odd shape.
(c) It is very heavy.
(d) Aunt Margaret had kept it fo.r many years.
10. Who had Bruce given the item in #110 to wear?
11. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
(a) Strip poker.
12. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Diego.
13. What did Bruce tell Nola to try to lift her spirits?
(a) They could run away tonight.
(b) They could get married tonight.
(c) They would have time together over the summer.
(d) She could go back to school with him.
14. Who was Bill Binnion?
(a) Bruce's football coach.
(b) Bruce's first boss.
(c) Bruce's godfather.
(d) Bruce's English professor.
15. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
(a) She was an uneducated woman.
(b) She was brilliant in every way.
(c) She was the love of his life.
(d) She was heartless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bruce knocks on the door of the house?
2. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
3. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
4. Nola's family's business was ________________.
5. Where had Bruce spent his career as a diplomat?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)