|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The box contains two stacks of letters, an envelope filled with pictures and _______________.
(a) A rosary.
(b) A dried corsage.
(c) A yearbook.
(d) Three books.
2. Nola's family could be called ___________.
3. What was the nature of the relationship between Bruce and the person in #105?
4. Nola's family's business was ________________.
5. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
6. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
(c) Strip poker.
7. What was Joe's father's name?
8. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The Morgans.
(b) The Sandersons.
(c) The Mulders.
(d) The Clarks.
9. Why do Bruce and Nola not make love during the weekend at the cabin?
(a) Bruce was upset that Nola flirted with Bailey.
(b) Nola was angry at Bruce.
(c) Nola had her menstrual period.
(d) They didn't have enough privacy.
10. With whom did Nola eventually run away?
11. What do Bruce and Nola do when the return to the prom?
(a) They get some refreshments.
(b) They do not return to the prom.
(c) They organize an after prom party.
(d) They dance every dance.
12. What does Bruce note about the second house he visits on this night?
(a) It should be condemned.
(b) It is much smaller than he remembered.
(c) It is one of the happiest places his family ever lived.
(d) It was the site of horrible child abuse.
13. Who interrupts Bruce and Nola during the activity in #104?
(b) Bruce's father.
14. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
(a) She didn't want him to think she was easy.
(b) She was attracted to Bailey.
(c) She wanted to wait for a special time.
(d) She wanted a nicer environment than the cabin.
15. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
(a) To drink whiskey.
(b) To shoot rifles.
(c) To get some peace.
(d) To smoke dope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Bruce anxious to leave Nola's sister's wedding?
2. Which girl did Bruce take to the prom?
3. What did Bruce tell Nola to try to lift her spirits?
4. Where had Bruce and Joe both worked during school?
5. What did Bruce and the girl in #103 do during the intermission at the dance?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)