|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bruce leave at the end of the summer?
(a) To hike around Europe.
(b) To return to law school.
(c) To work on the railroad.
(d) To start his residency.
2. Who had Bruce given the item in #110 to wear?
3. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The Morgans.
(b) The Sandersons.
(c) The Clarks.
(d) The Mulders.
4. Who had written the letter Bruce picks out of the box?
(c) Mrs. Mason.
5. After what event had the person in #127 written the letter?
(a) Mrs. Mason's funeral.
(b) Bruce's graduation.
(c) Nola's graduation.
(d) Chet's funeral.
6. What did Bruce and Nola hear on the the night they were at the cabin?
(a) Listened to the radio.
(b) Listened to the loons on the lake.
(c) Listened to Bailey and his girlfriend make love.
(d) Listened to the crickets.
7. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for leaving Salt Lake City?
(a) A down economy.
(b) His family legacy.
(c) No cultural life.
(d) Religious restrictions.
8. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
9. What religion did the Mulders practice?
10. Why was Chet's annulled marriage renewed?
(a) He went against his parents' wishes.
(b) His wife was pregnant.
(c) Her parents insisted on it.
(d) They couldn't live without each other.
11. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
12. Who was Bill Binnion?
(a) Bruce's godfather.
(b) Bruce's English professor.
(c) Bruce's first boss.
(d) Bruce's football coach.
13. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
(a) She didn't want him to think she was easy.
(b) She wanted to wait for a special time.
(c) She was attracted to Bailey.
(d) She wanted a nicer environment than the cabin.
14. What religion did Nola's family practice?
15. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(c) Desperate for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
2. What does Bruce believe about Nola and the first time he made love to her?
3. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
4. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
5. With whom does Bruce believe Nola had made love before him?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)