|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Bill Binnion?
(a) Bruce's godfather.
(b) Bruce's first boss.
(c) Bruce's football coach.
(d) Bruce's English professor.
2. Why was Bruce reluctant to leave his mother at home while he went to the prom?
(a) She had a sick migraine.
(b) She was recovering from breast cancer surgery.
(c) She never got to go anywhere nice.
(d) His father had beaten her again.
3. Why did Joe once shove Bailey into a trash can?
(a) For breaking his new ball bat.
(b) For kissing his sister.
(c) For hitting on the girlfriend of the tennis club manager.
(d) For squealing on him about test answers.
4. What does Bruce recall about the Mulder family?
(a) They were good and respectable.
(b) They were very poor.
(c) They were itinerant.
(d) They were strict Catholics.
5. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
6. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
7. Why didn't Nola want to leave the cabin early?
(a) It was getting dark.
(b) She needed the time away from the city.
(c) She wanted to stay for the sunset.
(d) Bailey and his girlfriend would not have a ride home.
8. With whom does Bruce believe Nola had made love before him?
(c) Her high school boyfriend.
(d) Her neighbor.
9. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
(a) A virgin.
(b) A one-man woman.
(c) A girl who needed a man around all the time.
(d) A recluse.
10. Nola's family could be called ___________.
11. Where had Bruce and Joe both worked during school?
(b) The Mulder Nursery.
(c) Olive Garden.
(d) The hospital.
12. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
(a) He wanted to show her who was boss.
(b) He wanted to see her naked.
(c) He wanted to teach her a lesson.
(d) He wanted to humiliate her.
13. What does Bruce wonder as he stands in front of the house?
(a) He would like to buy the house.
(b) If anyone is still awake.
(c) The house is well maintained.
(d) It's amazing the house is still there.
14. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
(a) To enter a dance contest.
(b) To make him her singing partner.
(c) To travel before settling down.
(d) To get married.
15. How had Bruce viewed Joe's father when Bruce was a boy?
(a) As an average guy.
(b) As a bum.
(c) As unattainable.
(d) As a hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Joe's father's name?
2. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
3. Who had written the letter Bruce picks out of the box?
4. At what university is Bruce offered a fellowship?
5. Where can Bruce and Nola spend a night alone together?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)