|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Bruce and Nola hear on the the night they were at the cabin?
(a) Listened to the radio.
(b) Listened to the crickets.
(c) Listened to the loons on the lake.
(d) Listened to Bailey and his girlfriend make love.
2. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
(a) She fell instantly in love with him.
(b) To help her care for the children of her first marriage.
(c) She wanted to marry into money.
(d) She is a woman who can't be without a man.
3. Why had Nola's ex-boyfriend come to visit her?
(a) To return some of her things.
(b) To ask her to marry him.
(c) To see if she could love him again.
(d) To say goodbye before going to New York.
4. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
5. Where had Bruce spent his career as a diplomat?
(b) South America.
(c) The Middle East.
6. What is the subject of the pictures that Bruce sees in the box?
(a) High school graduation.
(b) The homecoming game.
(c) Holly's wedding.
(d) Nola's sister's wedding.
7. What does Bruce note about the second house he visits on this night?
(a) It should be condemned.
(b) It is much smaller than he remembered.
(c) It was the site of horrible child abuse.
(d) It is one of the happiest places his family ever lived.
8. Why is Bruce intrigued by the box given to him by the funeral director?
(a) Aunt Margaret had kept it fo.r many years.
(b) It is very heavy.
(c) It is an odd shape.
(d) It has old photos taped to the outside.
9. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
10. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(a) Desperate for him.
11. In what field would Bruce be continuing his education?
12. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
(a) She was heartless.
(b) She was an uneducated woman.
(c) She was the love of his life.
(d) She was brilliant in every way.
13. What was the nature of the relationship between Bruce and the person in #105?
14. Bruce recalls that Bailey ____________________ Nola.
(a) could take or leave.
(b) was deeply attracted to.
(c) never noticed.
(d) had no romantic interest in.
15. Why did Bruce leave at the end of the summer?
(a) To work on the railroad.
(b) To start his residency.
(c) To hike around Europe.
(d) To return to law school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had Bruce given the item in #110 to wear?
2. Nola's family could be called ___________.
3. What complicates Bruce's post-college decision?
4. What restricted the intimate moments between Bruce and Nola?
5. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)