|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Nola's family practice?
2. Why was Bruce reluctant to leave his mother at home while he went to the prom?
(a) She was recovering from breast cancer surgery.
(b) She never got to go anywhere nice.
(c) She had a sick migraine.
(d) His father had beaten her again.
3. With whom did Nola eventually run away?
4. What happens when Bruce knocks on the door of the house?
(a) He does not knock on the door.
(b) A new family lives there.
(c) He wakes everybody in the house next door.
(d) No one answers.
5. With whom does Bruce believe Nola had made love before him?
(a) Her high school boyfriend.
(d) Her neighbor.
6. Whose wedding to Bruce and Nola plan to attend?
(d) Nola's sister's.
7. What was Joe's father's name?
8. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
(a) Strip poker.
9. Bruce recalls that he had gone home in January for what reason?
(a) Nola got married.
(b) Mr. Mason died.
(c) Chet died.
(d) To celebrate the new year.
10. Who had written the letter Bruce picks out of the box?
(c) Mrs. Mason.
11. After what event had the person in #127 written the letter?
(a) Mrs. Mason's funeral.
(b) Bruce's graduation.
(c) Nola's graduation.
(d) Chet's funeral.
12. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
13. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
(a) A virgin.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A one-man woman.
(d) A girl who needed a man around all the time.
14. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
(a) To make him her singing partner.
(b) To enter a dance contest.
(c) To travel before settling down.
(d) To get married.
15. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
(a) She didn't want him to think she was easy.
(b) She wanted to wait for a special time.
(c) She was attracted to Bailey.
(d) She wanted a nicer environment than the cabin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Bruce and Nola not make love during the weekend at the cabin?
2. In what field would Bruce be continuing his education?
3. Why was Chet's annulled marriage renewed?
4. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
5. Why didn't Nola want to leave the cabin early?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)