|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
(a) Heart Disease.
2. Why didn't Nola want to leave the cabin early?
(a) She wanted to stay for the sunset.
(b) It was getting dark.
(c) She needed the time away from the city.
(d) Bailey and his girlfriend would not have a ride home.
3. How had Bruce viewed Joe's father when Bruce was a boy?
(a) As a hero.
(b) As unattainable.
(c) As a bum.
(d) As an average guy.
4. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
5. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
6. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(b) Desperate for him.
7. What does Bruce believe about Nola and the first time he made love to her?
(a) She was ecstatic.
(b) She was not a virgin.
(c) She was a virgin.
(d) She was terrified.
8. What does Bruce recall about himself as a youth?
(a) He had a defeatist attitude.
(b) He had a high opinion of himself.
(c) He was really gawky.
(d) He was a really good student.
9. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
10. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
11. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The Morgans.
(b) The Mulders.
(c) The Clarks.
(d) The Sandersons.
12. Bruce recalls that Bailey ____________________ Nola.
(a) never noticed.
(b) could take or leave.
(c) was deeply attracted to.
(d) had no romantic interest in.
13. What religion did Nola's family practice?
14. What does Mature Bruce think that Nola would not have appreciated?
(a) Touring Europe.
(b) Fine jewelry.
(c) The books he loaned her.
15. Why do Bruce and Nola not make love during the weekend at the cabin?
(a) Nola had her menstrual period.
(b) Bruce was upset that Nola flirted with Bailey.
(c) They didn't have enough privacy.
(d) Nola was angry at Bruce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What garment is inside the box?
2. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
3. Which girl did Bruce take to the prom?
4. In what field would Bruce be continuing his education?
5. What restricted the intimate moments between Bruce and Nola?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)