|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Bruce given the item in #110 to wear?
2. What would be Bruce's biggest reason for staying in Salt Lake City?
(a) His friends and Nola.
(b) A good job.
(d) His inheritance.
3. What does Bruce recall about himself as a youth?
(a) He was really gawky.
(b) He had a high opinion of himself.
(c) He had a defeatist attitude.
(d) He was a really good student.
4. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
(a) A virgin.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A girl who needed a man around all the time.
(d) A one-man woman.
5. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
(a) To drink whiskey.
(b) To get some peace.
(c) To smoke dope.
(d) To shoot rifles.
6. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
7. Bruce recalls that he had gone home in January for what reason?
(a) Nola got married.
(b) Chet died.
(c) To celebrate the new year.
(d) Mr. Mason died.
8. The box contains two stacks of letters, an envelope filled with pictures and _______________.
(a) A yearbook.
(b) A rosary.
(c) A dried corsage.
(d) Three books.
9. Who had written the letter Bruce picks out of the box?
(a) Mrs. Mason.
10. Why was Chet's annulled marriage renewed?
(a) Her parents insisted on it.
(b) He went against his parents' wishes.
(c) They couldn't live without each other.
(d) His wife was pregnant.
11. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
(c) Strip poker.
12. What do Bruce and Nola do when the return to the prom?
(a) They organize an after prom party.
(b) They get some refreshments.
(c) They dance every dance.
(d) They do not return to the prom.
13. Who interrupts Bruce and Nola during the activity in #104?
(b) Bruce's father.
14. What did Bruce and the girl in #103 do during the intermission at the dance?
(a) Strolled in the moonlight.
(b) Went out for beer.
(c) Kissed in his car.
(d) Visited Bruce's mother.
15. Why didn't Nola want to leave the cabin early?
(a) She wanted to stay for the sunset.
(b) It was getting dark.
(c) Bailey and his girlfriend would not have a ride home.
(d) She needed the time away from the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had Nola's ex-boyfriend come to visit her?
2. What is the subject of the pictures that Bruce sees in the box?
3. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
4. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
5. What restricted the intimate moments between Bruce and Nola?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)