|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
(a) A one-man woman.
(b) A recluse.
(c) A virgin.
(d) A girl who needed a man around all the time.
2. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
3. Why was Bruce anxious to leave Nola's sister's wedding?
(a) To get back to school.
(b) To get away from her crazy relatives.
(c) To spend the night with Nola.
(d) To change into comfortable clothes.
4. Who had written the letter Bruce picks out of the box?
(b) Mrs. Mason.
5. Where can Bruce and Nola spend a night alone together?
(a) A bed and breakfast.
(b) A cheap hotel.
(c) The ranch of one of Nola's relatives.
(d) The Mulders' guest house.
6. After what event had the person in #127 written the letter?
(a) Nola's graduation.
(b) Bruce's graduation.
(c) Chet's funeral.
(d) Mrs. Mason's funeral.
7. What does Bruce recall about himself as a youth?
(a) He was really gawky.
(b) He was a really good student.
(c) He had a high opinion of himself.
(d) He had a defeatist attitude.
8. With whom did Nola eventually run away?
9. Why was Bruce reluctant to leave his mother at home while he went to the prom?
(a) She had a sick migraine.
(b) She never got to go anywhere nice.
(c) She was recovering from breast cancer surgery.
(d) His father had beaten her again.
10. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
(a) She is a woman who can't be without a man.
(b) She fell instantly in love with him.
(c) To help her care for the children of her first marriage.
(d) She wanted to marry into money.
11. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
(a) To get some peace.
(b) To smoke dope.
(c) To shoot rifles.
(d) To drink whiskey.
12. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
(b) Ad agency.
(c) Law school.
(d) The army.
13. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
14. What did Bruce tell Nola to try to lift her spirits?
(a) They could run away tonight.
(b) They would have time together over the summer.
(c) She could go back to school with him.
(d) They could get married tonight.
15. Nola's family could be called ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what university is Bruce offered a fellowship?
2. What does Bruce wonder as he stands in front of the house?
3. Where had Bruce and Joe both worked during school?
4. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
5. Who was Bill Binnion?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)