|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Bruce spent his career as a diplomat?
(a) South America.
(d) The Middle East.
2. Bruce recalls that Bailey ____________________ Nola.
(a) was deeply attracted to.
(b) never noticed.
(c) had no romantic interest in.
(d) could take or leave.
3. What do Bruce and Nola do when the return to the prom?
(a) They dance every dance.
(b) They organize an after prom party.
(c) They do not return to the prom.
(d) They get some refreshments.
4. Why did Bruce leave at the end of the summer?
(a) To return to law school.
(b) To hike around Europe.
(c) To work on the railroad.
(d) To start his residency.
5. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
6. Bruce realizes the box was not packed by Aunt Margaret but had been returned to him from _______________.
7. Why is Bruce intrigued by the box given to him by the funeral director?
(a) Aunt Margaret had kept it fo.r many years.
(b) It is very heavy.
(c) It is an odd shape.
(d) It has old photos taped to the outside.
8. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
(b) Heart Disease.
9. Why had Nola's ex-boyfriend come to visit her?
(a) To return some of her things.
(b) To see if she could love him again.
(c) To ask her to marry him.
(d) To say goodbye before going to New York.
10. What kind of girl does Bruce think Nola was?
(a) A one-man woman.
(b) A virgin.
(c) A recluse.
(d) A girl who needed a man around all the time.
11. Where did Bruce's father go instead of caring for his wife who was recuperating from surgery?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Diego.
12. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The Mulders.
(b) The Clarks.
(c) The Sandersons.
(d) The Morgans.
13. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
(b) The army.
(c) Ad agency.
(d) Law school.
14. After what event had the person in #127 written the letter?
(a) Chet's funeral.
(b) Mrs. Mason's funeral.
(c) Nola's graduation.
(d) Bruce's graduation.
15. What religion did the Mulders practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
2. What does Bruce believe about Nola and the first time he made love to her?
3. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
4. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
5. What complicates Bruce's post-college decision?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)