|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
(a) He wanted to teach her a lesson.
(b) He wanted to humiliate her.
(c) He wanted to see her naked.
(d) He wanted to show her who was boss.
2. Bruce recalls that Bailey ____________________ Nola.
(a) had no romantic interest in.
(b) was deeply attracted to.
(c) could take or leave.
(d) never noticed.
3. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(d) Desperate for him.
4. How had Bruce viewed Joe's father when Bruce was a boy?
(a) As unattainable.
(b) As a bum.
(c) As an average guy.
(d) As a hero.
5. What do Bruce and Nola do when the return to the prom?
(a) They organize an after prom party.
(b) They get some refreshments.
(c) They do not return to the prom.
(d) They dance every dance.
6. What was the nature of the relationship between Bruce and the person in #105?
7. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
(a) To make him her singing partner.
(b) To enter a dance contest.
(c) To travel before settling down.
(d) To get married.
8. Why did Nola not lose at the card game?
(a) She was a clever player.
(b) Bruce cheated to help her.
(c) Nola was much better than Bailey thought.
(d) The game broke up suddenly.
9. Which girl did Bruce take to the prom?
10. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
(c) Heart Disease.
11. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
12. With whom did Nola eventually run away?
13. What is the subject of the pictures that Bruce sees in the box?
(a) Nola's sister's wedding.
(b) Holly's wedding.
(c) High school graduation.
(d) The homecoming game.
14. At what university is Bruce offered a fellowship?
(a) Duke University.
(b) Ohio State University.
(c) University of Minnesota.
(d) University of Michigan.
15. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
2. Why is Bruce intrigued by the box given to him by the funeral director?
3. What did Bruce and Nola hear on the the night they were at the cabin?
4. What did Bruce tell Nola to try to lift her spirits?
5. What garment is inside the box?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)