|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
(a) She was heartless.
(b) She was brilliant in every way.
(c) She was the love of his life.
(d) She was an uneducated woman.
2. Why was Bruce anxious to leave Nola's sister's wedding?
(a) To get back to school.
(b) To get away from her crazy relatives.
(c) To spend the night with Nola.
(d) To change into comfortable clothes.
3. What happens when Bruce knocks on the door of the house?
(a) He wakes everybody in the house next door.
(b) A new family lives there.
(c) No one answers.
(d) He does not knock on the door.
4. What complicates Bruce's post-college decision?
(a) Mr. Mason is killed in a car accident.
(b) Nola is pregnant.
(c) Mrs. Mason is terminally ill.
(d) Mr. Mulder offers shares in the business.
5. What did Bruce and the girl in #103 do during the intermission at the dance?
(a) Strolled in the moonlight.
(b) Kissed in his car.
(c) Visited Bruce's mother.
(d) Went out for beer.
6. Where had Bruce spent his career as a diplomat?
(b) South America.
(d) The Middle East.
7. What does Bruce recall about himself as a youth?
(a) He was a really good student.
(b) He had a high opinion of himself.
(c) He was really gawky.
(d) He had a defeatist attitude.
8. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
(a) To become a lawyer.
(b) To become a professor.
(c) To become a doctor.
(d) To become a business manager.
9. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(d) Desperate for him.
10. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
11. In what year did Bruce go to the prom?
12. What does Mature Bruce think that Nola would not have appreciated?
(b) The books he loaned her.
(c) Touring Europe.
(d) Fine jewelry.
13. What was the nature of the relationship between Bruce and the person in #105?
14. Why was Chet's annulled marriage renewed?
(a) Her parents insisted on it.
(b) He went against his parents' wishes.
(c) They couldn't live without each other.
(d) His wife was pregnant.
15. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
(a) To make him her singing partner.
(b) To enter a dance contest.
(c) To get married.
(d) To travel before settling down.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joe once shove Bailey into a trash can?
2. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
3. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
4. At what university is Bruce offered a fellowship?
5. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)