|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
(c) Strip poker.
2. Whose wedding to Bruce and Nola plan to attend?
(b) Nola's sister's.
3. Bruce recalls that Bailey ____________________ Nola.
(a) never noticed.
(b) could take or leave.
(c) was deeply attracted to.
(d) had no romantic interest in.
4. Why was Bruce reluctant to leave his mother at home while he went to the prom?
(a) She was recovering from breast cancer surgery.
(b) His father had beaten her again.
(c) She never got to go anywhere nice.
(d) She had a sick migraine.
5. What is the subject of the pictures that Bruce sees in the box?
(a) Holly's wedding.
(b) The homecoming game.
(c) Nola's sister's wedding.
(d) High school graduation.
6. What does Bruce believe about Nola and the first time he made love to her?
(a) She was terrified.
(b) She was not a virgin.
(c) She was ecstatic.
(d) She was a virgin.
7. With whom did Nola eventually run away?
8. What was the nature of the relationship between Bruce and the person in #105?
9. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
(a) To help her care for the children of her first marriage.
(b) She is a woman who can't be without a man.
(c) She wanted to marry into money.
(d) She fell instantly in love with him.
10. The box contains two stacks of letters, an envelope filled with pictures and _______________.
(a) A dried corsage.
(b) Three books.
(c) A yearbook.
(d) A rosary.
11. What happens when Bruce knocks on the door of the house?
(a) A new family lives there.
(b) No one answers.
(c) He wakes everybody in the house next door.
(d) He does not knock on the door.
12. What religion did Nola's family practice?
13. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
14. Where did Bill Binnion advise Bruce to go after college?
(a) Ad agency.
(b) Law school.
(d) The army.
15. What does Bruce note about the second house he visits on this night?
(a) It is one of the happiest places his family ever lived.
(b) It should be condemned.
(c) It is much smaller than he remembered.
(d) It was the site of horrible child abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
2. What does Nola say when Bruce asks her to marry him?
3. What religion did the Mulders practice?
4. Why was Bruce anxious to leave Nola's sister's wedding?
5. Who interrupts Bruce and Nola during the activity in #104?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)