|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion did Nola's family practice?
2. Why did Nola not lose at the card game?
(a) Bruce cheated to help her.
(b) She was a clever player.
(c) Nola was much better than Bailey thought.
(d) The game broke up suddenly.
3. With whom does Bruce believe Nola had made love before him?
(c) Her high school boyfriend.
(d) Her neighbor.
4. Which one of Bruce's friends goes with Bruce and Nola to a cabin one weekend?
5. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
(a) She was the love of his life.
(b) She was heartless.
(c) She was an uneducated woman.
(d) She was brilliant in every way.
6. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
(a) She wanted a nicer environment than the cabin.
(b) She was attracted to Bailey.
(c) She wanted to wait for a special time.
(d) She didn't want him to think she was easy.
7. What garment is inside the box?
(a) Baby shoes.
(c) Athletic sweater.
(d) Wedding dress.
8. Who interrupts Bruce and Nola during the activity in #104?
(b) Bruce's father.
9. What did Bruce tell Nola to try to lift her spirits?
(a) She could go back to school with him.
(b) They would have time together over the summer.
(c) They could get married tonight.
(d) They could run away tonight.
10. At what university is Bruce offered a fellowship?
(a) University of Michigan.
(b) Duke University.
(c) University of Minnesota.
(d) Ohio State University.
11. Why did Bruce leave at the end of the summer?
(a) To work on the railroad.
(b) To hike around Europe.
(c) To start his residency.
(d) To return to law school.
12. What card game did the couples play at the cabin in the woods?
(b) Strip poker.
13. Nola's family's business was ________________.
14. What did Bruce and the girl in #103 do during the intermission at the dance?
(a) Visited Bruce's mother.
(b) Strolled in the moonlight.
(c) Went out for beer.
(d) Kissed in his car.
15. What is Bruce doing as Part 3, Chapter 6 begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease had stricken Bruce's brother?
2. What was the reason Nola ran off with the person in #158?
3. What was the nature of the relationship between Bruce and the person in #105?
4. Bruce recalls that he had gone home in January for what reason?
5. What had been the only true aspiration Bruce had for himself?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)