|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bruce recalls that he had gone home in January for what reason?
(a) To celebrate the new year.
(b) Nola got married.
(c) Mr. Mason died.
(d) Chet died.
2. How was Nola during Bruce's home visit in January?
(a) Desperate for him.
3. What does Nola say when Bruce asks her to marry him?
(c) She needs to think about it.
4. What does Bruce recall about himself as a youth?
(a) He had a high opinion of himself.
(b) He was really gawky.
(c) He had a defeatist attitude.
(d) He was a really good student.
5. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
(a) To shoot rifles.
(b) To get some peace.
(c) To drink whiskey.
(d) To smoke dope.
6. The only two members of Nola's family that Bruce likes are her brother and ____________.
7. Why do Bruce and Nola not make love during the weekend at the cabin?
(a) They didn't have enough privacy.
(b) Bruce was upset that Nola flirted with Bailey.
(c) Nola was angry at Bruce.
(d) Nola had her menstrual period.
8. Whose home does Bruce walk to in Part 2, Chapter 1?
(a) The Sandersons.
(b) The Clarks.
(c) The Morgans.
(d) The Mulders.
9. With whom does Bruce believe Nola had made love before him?
(b) Her high school boyfriend.
(c) Her neighbor.
10. Why did Nola not lose at the card game?
(a) The game broke up suddenly.
(b) She was a clever player.
(c) Bruce cheated to help her.
(d) Nola was much better than Bailey thought.
11. What do Bruce and Nola do when the return to the prom?
(a) They dance every dance.
(b) They organize an after prom party.
(c) They get some refreshments.
(d) They do not return to the prom.
12. Why did Bailey conspire to make Nola lose at the card game?
(a) He wanted to teach her a lesson.
(b) He wanted to humiliate her.
(c) He wanted to see her naked.
(d) He wanted to show her who was boss.
13. What complicates Bruce's post-college decision?
(a) Mrs. Mason is terminally ill.
(b) Mr. Mulder offers shares in the business.
(c) Mr. Mason is killed in a car accident.
(d) Nola is pregnant.
14. What religion did Nola's family practice?
15. Why had Nola's sister married her new husband?
(a) To help her care for the children of her first marriage.
(b) She is a woman who can't be without a man.
(c) She fell instantly in love with him.
(d) She wanted to marry into money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Bruce and Joe both worked during school?
2. What does Mature Bruce think of Nola now?
3. After what event had the person in #127 written the letter?
4. Bruce recalls that Bailey ____________________ Nola.
5. Bruce realizes the box was not packed by Aunt Margaret but had been returned to him from _______________.
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)