|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where had Bruce's mother made his father get him a summer membership?
(a) The golf course.
(b) The swim club.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The tennis club.
2. Why does Bruce walk all the way home on this night?
(a) He is out of gas.
(b) He is afraid the girl's boyfriend will find him on the train.
(c) His bike has a flat tire.
(d) He missed the last train.
3. What room does Bruce recognize in the funeral home building?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The living room.
(d) The bedroom.
4. How has Bruce been caring for his elderly aunt?
(b) She lives in his home.
(c) He does not care for her.
(d) He visits her in the nursing home.
5. What had Bruce thought he would be at the location in #86?
(a) A star.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A hero.
(d) A failure.
6. Why does Bruce hate his father?
(a) Because he is cruel to Bruce's mother.
(b) Because he is having an affair.
(c) Because he bashed in his bicycle.
(d) Because he beats him every day.
7. Who taught Bruce to play tennis?
8. What does Bruce steal from a neighbor's house?
(a) A garden hose.
(b) A bike.
(c) A lawn mower.
(d) A cabbage.
9. Bruce thought Jack was immoral but _____________.
(c) A good guy overall.
(d) Admired him anyway.
10. Nola is described as ______________________.
(a) a real blonde.
(b) an idiot.
(c) living from the neck down.
(d) a brainiac.
11. Which friend did Bruce hate when he left Salt Lake City years ago?
(a) Jim Monroe.
(b) Aaron Johnson.
(c) Bill Miller.
(d) Jack Bailey.
12. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
(a) Because she stays with his father.
(b) Because she won't drive him to school.
(c) Because she won't learn to read.
(d) Because she won't get a job.
13. Where did Bruce have the job mentioned in #52?
(a) A restaurant on a lake.
(b) His neighborhood store.
(c) His neighborhood block.
(d) The south side of town.
14. Why is Bruce's father angry at Bruce and his mother?
(a) He lost a customer because of them.
(b) They nag him about moving.
(c) They dropped a case of whiskey.
(d) Living expenses are getting too high.
15. How does Bruce spend most of his time now?
(c) Playing golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nola always need in her life?
2. What else does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
3. Why did the young woman ask Bruce to leave her hotel room?
4. Who was the girl Bruce spent time with in this old building?
5. What did Bruce and the young woman do after he was able to get into her room?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)