|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument did the girl in #11 play?
2. Who is Bruce's father?
3. What does Bruce do as the crowd grows as he waits after work one night?
(a) Loses his hat.
(b) Faints from the heat.
(c) Falls in the gutter.
(d) Brushes a girl's breast.
4. How old is Bruce Mason?
(a) In his forties.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his sixties.
(d) In his fifties.
5. How does Bruce characterize Jack Bailey's interactions with women?
(a) He was a romantic.
(b) He was a brute.
(c) He was a cad.
(d) He was cautious.
6. What does Bruce recall watching as he worked as a boy?
(a) A brawl.
(b) A couple dancing.
(c) A drug deal.
(d) A sunset.
7. Bruce recalls that he was a/an _____________ teenager.
8. How does the person in #49 respond to Bruce's advice?
(a) Ignores him.52?
9. What is Bruce Mason's profession?
10. Which friend did Bruce hate when he left Salt Lake City years ago?
(a) Jack Bailey.
(b) Jim Monroe.
(c) Bill Miller.
(d) Aaron Johnson.
11. Bruce drives and finds himself stopped in front of what kind of building?
(b) Apartment building.
12. Why does Bruce hate his father?
(a) Because he is having an affair.
(b) Because he beats him every day.
(c) Because he bashed in his bicycle.
(d) Because he is cruel to Bruce's mother.
13. What else does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
(d) Phone number.
14. What does Bruce's aunt's death mean to him?
(a) She was the only person who ever loved him.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He will be free of any more family obligations.
(d) He is too distraught to plan her funeral.
15. Why does one of Bruce's father's customers leave early?
(a) The police raided the speakeasy.
(b) The weather was getting bad.
(c) He got sick.
(d) Bruce interrupted them kissing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bruce's father places his desire to break the law above ____________________.
2. How does Bruce get home from his job?
3. What does Bruce's mother want him to do after he walked home from work?
4. What does Bruce also plan to do when he visits the city in #4?
5. What does the breeze from the mountain remind Bruce of?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)