|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bruce identifies the accent of the person in #49 as being from __________________.
(a) Cache Valley.
(c) Clear Creek Township.
2. How old is Bruce Mason?
(a) In his sixties.
(b) In his thirties.
(c) In his fifties.
(d) In his forties.
3. What did Bruce consider the athletes in school to be?
(b) Good sports.
(d) Big, dumb apes.
4. What does Bruce's mother want him to do after he walked home from work?
(a) Quit his job.
(b) Eat dinner.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Take a bath.
5. How does Bruce get home from his job?
(a) The train.
(b) His bike.
(c) A cab.
(d) The bus.
6. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
(a) Because she won't drive him to school.
(b) Because she won't get a job.
(c) Because she stays with his father.
(d) Because she won't learn to read.
7. What does Bruce do before going upstairs at the funeral home?
(a) Makes some notes for the obituary.
(b) Makes some phone calls.
(d) Views his aunt's body.
8. What is now standing in the spot where the location in #86 had been?
(a) A health club.
(b) A Starbucks.
(c) A book store.
(d) A senior recreation center.
9. What is Bruce's father's nickname?
10. Who does Bruce stand behind in line after work one night?
(a) A priest.
(b) A young couple.
(c) A family of five.
(d) A single mother.
11. Bruce recalls that he was a/an _____________ teenager.
12. Bruce stops the car and gets out when he sees which venue?
(a) Men's clothing store.
(c) Car dealership.
(d) Tennis club.
13. What does Bruce's father's job inhibit?
(a) Family friends.
(c) Good salary.
(d) Medical insurance.
14. Why does Bruce's family have to move every few months?
(a) So that his father can find a job.
(b) To find the best school for Bruce.
(c) To find better places to live.
(d) To keep ahead of the police.
15. What had Bruce thought he would be at the location in #86?
(a) A star.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A failure.
(d) A hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business does Bruce's father run out of their home?
2. Why did the young woman ask Bruce to leave her hotel room?
3. Who had once lived in the structure in #61?
4. Whose phone number does the funeral director give Bruce?
5. What is Bruce Mason's profession?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)