|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce's aunt's death mean to him?
(a) He will be free of any more family obligations.
(b) He is too distraught to plan her funeral.
(c) He is devastated.
(d) She was the only person who ever loved him.
2. Who is Bruce's father?
3. What does Prohibition forbid?
(c) Adult book stores.
(d) Strip clubs.
4. What had Bruce thought he would be at the location in #86?
(a) A star.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A failure.
(d) A hero.
5. Why does Bruce walk all the way home on this night?
(a) He is afraid the girl's boyfriend will find him on the train.
(b) His bike has a flat tire.
(c) He is out of gas.
(d) He missed the last train.
6. How many years have passed since Bruce has left his hometown?
7. What does Bruce need to complete his school project?
8. Bruce drives and finds himself stopped in front of what kind of building?
(a) Apartment building.
9. Where does Bruce go after he checks into his hotel?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The funeral home.
(c) An Internet cafe.
(d) A bar.
10. What does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
(b) Death certificate.
(d) Prayer card.
11. What did Bruce and the young woman do after he was able to get into her room?
(a) Watched TV.
(b) Kissed for awhile.
(c) Listened to the radio.
(d) Made love.
12. What does Bruce's mother want him to do after he walked home from work?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Quit his job.
(c) Take a nap.
(d) Eat dinner.
13. Bruce's father places his desire to break the law above ____________________.
(a) his religious beliefs.
(b) his community reputation.
(c) his core values.
(d) his love for his family.
14. How does Bruce spend most of his time now?
(b) Playing golf.
15. What job does Bruce recall having when he was a boy?
(c) Grocery stock boy.
(d) Errand boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce recall that he was during school?
2. Who tried to prevent Bruce from entering the young woman's hotel room?
3. What other girl does Bruce recall from his younger days?
4. Who does Bruce stand behind in line after work one night?
5. What else does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)