|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce recall watching as he worked as a boy?
(a) A sunset.
(b) A drug deal.
(c) A couple dancing.
(d) A brawl.
2. Where does Bruce have dinner his first night in Salt Lake City?
(a) He had room service.
(b) The Chop House.
(c) L'Auberge Restaurant.
(d) The hotel restaurant.
3. Who was Bruce's good friend in college?
4. What is Bruce's marital status?
5. Why does Bruce hate his father?
(a) Because he beats him every day.
(b) Because he is cruel to Bruce's mother.
(c) Because he is having an affair.
(d) Because he bashed in his bicycle.
6. What does the breeze from the mountain remind Bruce of?
(a) Nights lying in the grass at Joe Mulder's.
(b) Mowing the grass in the summer.
(c) Summer camp.
(d) Going to the drive-in movie.
7. What room does Bruce recognize in the funeral home building?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The bedroom.
(d) The kitchen.
8. What did Bruce and the young woman do after he was able to get into her room?
(a) Listened to the radio.
(b) Kissed for awhile.
(c) Made love.
(d) Watched TV.
9. Why did the young woman ask Bruce to leave her hotel room?
(a) She really did not like him.
(b) She needed to get to sleep.
(c) She was not ready for a sexual relationship.
(d) She needed to make a phone call.
10. In addition to the person in #19, who else would Bruce like to see on this trip?
(a) Marc Swenson.
(b) Jack Bailey.
(c) James Hall.
(d) Don Guilford.
11. What does Bruce also plan to do when he visits the city in #4?
(a) Dedicate a library.
(b) Speak to his attorney.
(c) Visit the U.S. Ambassador to Finland.
(d) See the sites of his childhood.
12. Why was Bruce unable to take the woman in #62 to her room one evening?
(a) He had an emergency call at the hospital.
(b) The woman would not allow it.
(c) It was late and he had an early wake-up call.
(d) The elevator attendant would not allow it.
13. What was the job of the girl mentioned in #79?
(c) Nurse's aide.
(d) Ticket counter.
14. What does Bruce steal from a neighbor's house?
(a) A cabbage.
(b) A garden hose.
(c) A bike.
(d) A lawn mower.
15. What else does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
(b) Phone number.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the girl Bruce spent time with in this old building?
2. What had Bruce thought he would be at the location in #86?
3. Where had Bruce's mother made his father get him a summer membership?
4. What is the last name of the woman in #62?
5. Who tried to prevent Bruce from entering the young woman's hotel room?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)