Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bruce's family have to move every few months?
(a) So that his father can find a job.
(b) To keep ahead of the police.
(c) To find the best school for Bruce.
(d) To find better places to live.
2. In what type of establishment had Bruce's father killed himself?
(a) Bus station.
3. To what city does Bruce travel to plan his aunt's funeral?
(a) Salt Lake City.
4. What does the funeral director give to Bruce before he leaves?
(a) Prayer card.
(c) Death certificate.
5. How does the person in #49 respond to Bruce's advice?
(c) Ignores him.52?
6. Why is Bruce disappointed in his mother?
(a) Because she stays with his father.
(b) Because she won't learn to read.
(c) Because she won't get a job.
(d) Because she won't drive him to school.
7. Jack Bailey once made love to a girl __________________.
(a) In the surf.
(b) Standing on her front porch.
(c) Standing in an elevator.
(d) In an airplane bathroom.
8. Who was the girl Bruce spent time with in this old building?
9. Who did Bruce once meet at the location in #83?
(a) Joe Mulder.
(d) Jim Brickel.
10. Who does Bruce stand behind in line after work one night?
(a) A priest.
(b) A family of five.
(c) A young couple.
(d) A single mother.
11. What other girl does Bruce recall from his younger days?
12. What does Bruce also plan to do when he visits the city in #4?
(a) Speak to his attorney.
(b) Dedicate a library.
(c) Visit the U.S. Ambassador to Finland.
(d) See the sites of his childhood.
13. Where had Bruce's mother made his father get him a summer membership?
(a) The tennis club.
(b) The golf course.
(c) The swim club.
(d) The YMCA.
14. What is now standing in the spot where the location in #86 had been?
(a) A senior recreation center.
(b) A health club.
(c) A book store.
(d) A Starbucks.
15. Which friend did Bruce hate when he left Salt Lake City years ago?
(a) Jim Monroe.
(b) Jack Bailey.
(c) Bill Miller.
(d) Aaron Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bruce need to complete his school project?
2. Bruce thinks of himself as two different people--Young Bruce and _______________.
3. Where does Bruce have dinner his first night in Salt Lake City?
4. What does Bruce steal from a neighbor's house?
5. Why does Bruce hate his father?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)