|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of childhood did Bruce have?
2. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
(a) To shoot rifles.
(b) To get some peace.
(c) To smoke dope.
(d) To drink whiskey.
3. What does Bruce's aunt's death mean to him?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) She was the only person who ever loved him.
(c) He will be free of any more family obligations.
(d) He is too distraught to plan her funeral.
4. Why did Bruce panic regarding the girl in #11?
(a) She begged him to take her away with him.
(b) She wanted to get married.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She got too serious too fast.
5. Where can Bruce and Nola spend a night alone together?
(a) The ranch of one of Nola's relatives.
(b) A cheap hotel.
(c) The Mulders' guest house.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. In school, Bruce was always too small and too ______________.
2. Why did Nola not lose at the card game?
3. What did Bruce and the young woman do after he was able to get into her room?
4. Bruce recalls that he was a/an _____________ teenager.
5. What does Bruce wonder as he stands in front of the house?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)