|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bruce also plan to do when he visits the city in #4?
(a) See the sites of his childhood.
(b) Speak to his attorney.
(c) Visit the U.S. Ambassador to Finland.
(d) Dedicate a library.
2. What does Bruce suspect is the reason Nola did not want to make love at the cabin?
(a) She was attracted to Bailey.
(b) She wanted to wait for a special time.
(c) She wanted a nicer environment than the cabin.
(d) She didn't want him to think she was easy.
3. How had Bruce viewed Joe's father when Bruce was a boy?
(a) As a bum.
(b) As unattainable.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As an average guy.
4. Why did Nola not lose at the card game?
(a) The game broke up suddenly.
(b) Nola was much better than Bailey thought.
(c) Bruce cheated to help her.
(d) She was a clever player.
5. What does Bruce note about the second house he visits on this night?
(a) It should be condemned.
(b) It was the site of horrible child abuse.
(c) It is much smaller than he remembered.
(d) It is one of the happiest places his family ever lived.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Bruce and Nola not make love during the weekend at the cabin?
2. How did Bruce get upstairs to the young woman's hotel room?
3. What does Bruce steal from a neighbor's house?
4. The author uses the literary technique of ______________ to show Nola's future relationship with Bailey.
5. Why had Nola's brother taken Bruce behind the barn?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)