* Bruce Mason is a diplomat who has been gone from his hometown of Salt Lake City for 45 years but returns for the funeral of his aunt.
* Bruce arrives at the funeral home and realizes that the building used to have apartments, one of which was occupied by a girl named Holly who Bruce liked.
* Bruce also recalls Holly's roommate, Nola, but Bruce makes a conscious decision not to think about her just now.
* The funeral director gives Bruce a box that his aunt had kept for him for many years as well as a phone number from someone who had called the funeral home looking for Bruce.
* Bruce makes the funeral arrangements and then begins to walk the streets of Salt Lake City remembering his childhood.
* Bruce begins to think of himself as two different people--Young Bruce and Mature Bruce--as he notes the changes in...
This section contains 1,958 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)