|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
2. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
3. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
4. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
5. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
2. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
3. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
4. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
5. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
6. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
7. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
8. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
9. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
10. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about doing the drudge work. Using Rodriquez' experience doing post production on his film, write your essay about the boring things that must be done when working to succeed at a business or project.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about fame. In your essay give your opinion about how fame or notoriety are life changing. Deal with how to handle fame and give examples of people who have done it well and some who have not been able to do so.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)