|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new experience excites Rodriguez?
2. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
3. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
4. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
5. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
2. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
3. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
4. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
5. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
6. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
7. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
8. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
9. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
10. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about dealing with skeptics as Rodriguez had to do. In your essay define the problem of skeptics and how they can easily discourage people from following their dream. Define how you think it is best to deal with the naysayers in life.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about perseverance. In your essay discuss how disappointments should never cause one to abandon a dream. Use the way Rodriguez and Gallardo went about finding a distributor for their film and apply the principle to any worthwhile endeavor.
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)