|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
2. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
3. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
4. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
5. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
2. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
3. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
4. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
5. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
6. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
7. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
8. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
9. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
10. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about fame. In your essay give your opinion about how fame or notoriety are life changing. Deal with how to handle fame and give examples of people who have done it well and some who have not been able to do so.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about intellectual property rights. In your essay discuss how people who pirate other people's work are involved in criminal activity. Explain how a person who has worked on a creative project deserves to get the rewards from that project. Explain why pirating other people's work is the same as stealing money from a bank.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about helping others succeed. Using Rodriguez as an example, discuss the importance of helping others, especially younger people, learn how to accomplish their dreams.
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)