|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
2. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
3. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
4. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
5. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about helping others succeed. Using Rodriguez as an example, discuss the importance of helping others, especially younger people, learn how to accomplish their dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Write a critique of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW. Mention what you think of the diary form of the book. Tell how you like or do not like the chronology of the book. Discuss the film making terminology as to whether it is helpful in understanding the process of making a movie. State your opinion whether Rodriguez is successful in achieving his stated goal for writing the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on recognizing the value of your work. Refer to Rodriguez' refusal to take $25,000 for his movie because he recognized it was worth more. Relate that to anything a person does or creates that has intrinsic value. Explain how to find out what something is worth.
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)