|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
2. What does Rodriguez like to tell interviewers?
3. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
4. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
5. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about what you hope to give others who come after you. Using Rodriguez' writing his book to encourage budding filmmakers as a starting point, your essay will define what you hope to leave to encourage others in your chosen field.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about fame. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example of one who did not allow his sudden celebrity and income go to his head. Contrast him with young stars who get into all kinds of trouble when they suddenly have huge amounts of money. Include Rodriquez' willingness to share his experience in order to inspire other budding filmmakers.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay entitled, LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS AND NOT PROBLEMS. Start with Rodriguez as an example. Then write your essay about how dwelling on problems rather than looking for solutions to any situation in life is self-defeating.
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)