|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
2. What does Rodriguez like to tell interviewers?
3. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
4. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
5. In the meantime, what happens with the short film, Bedhead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the importance of having family support. The support here does not mean financial support. It means the approval and encouragement one gets from people he or she loves. Rodriguez makes a good example of this.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay entitled, LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS AND NOT PROBLEMS. Start with Rodriguez as an example. Then write your essay about how dwelling on problems rather than looking for solutions to any situation in life is self-defeating.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay giving your opinion about the relative merits of seeing a movie in a theater or a video at home. Give examples of movies that are too grand to really be appreciated on a small screen. State the advantage of being able to stop a scene and go back to view it again if you watch the movie on video.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)