|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
2. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
3. What does Rodriguez constantly have to explain?
4. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
5. What does ICM want to do with Rodriguez' diary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
2. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
3. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
4. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
5. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
6. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
7. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
8. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
9. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
10. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on following your dreams. Using Rodriguez as your example, write your essay about how dedication, determination, and passion for a business are necessary for success. In your essay discuss why some people succeed and others do not.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on recognizing the value of your work. Refer to Rodriguez' refusal to take $25,000 for his movie because he recognized it was worth more. Relate that to anything a person does or creates that has intrinsic value. Explain how to find out what something is worth.
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)