|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
2. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
3. What is Rodriguez eager to make?
4. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
5. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
2. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
3. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
4. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
5. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
6. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
7. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
8. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
9. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
10. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay entitled, LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS AND NOT PROBLEMS. Start with Rodriguez as an example. Then write your essay about how dwelling on problems rather than looking for solutions to any situation in life is self-defeating.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about borrowing money. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example. Explain the advantage he had from doing everything with whatever money he had or could earn to make his movie. Discuss in your essay the value of being creative to reach a goal.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about helping others succeed. Using Rodriguez as an example, discuss the importance of helping others, especially younger people, learn how to accomplish their dreams.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)