|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alfonso Arau in Toronto?
2. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
3. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
4. What does a critic say about EL MARIACHI?
5. Where is Rodriguez invited to show his movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
2. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
3. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
4. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
5. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
6. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
7. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
8. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
9. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
10. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on following your dreams. Using Rodriguez as your example, write your essay about how dedication, determination, and passion for a business are necessary for success. In your essay discuss why some people succeed and others do not.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the importance of having family support. The support here does not mean financial support. It means the approval and encouragement one gets from people he or she loves. Rodriguez makes a good example of this.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on happiness. Define what it is that makes Robert Rodriguez happy as you cover the general subject of finding happiness in life. Include what makes you happy or what you think will make you happy.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)