|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the festival organizers decide to do after EL MARIACHI becomes so popular?
2. What is Rodriguez eager to make?
3. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
4. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
5. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
2. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
3. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
4. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
5. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
6. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
7. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
8. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
9. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
10. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about fame. In your essay give your opinion about how fame or notoriety are life changing. Deal with how to handle fame and give examples of people who have done it well and some who have not been able to do so.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about perseverance. In your essay discuss how disappointments should never cause one to abandon a dream. Use the way Rodriguez and Gallardo went about finding a distributor for their film and apply the principle to any worthwhile endeavor.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)