|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
2. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
3. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
4. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
5. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
2. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
3. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
4. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
5. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
6. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
7. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
8. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
9. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
10. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about what you hope to give others who come after you. Using Rodriguez' writing his book to encourage budding filmmakers as a starting point, your essay will define what you hope to leave to encourage others in your chosen field.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on following your dreams. Using Rodriguez as your example, write your essay about how dedication, determination, and passion for a business are necessary for success. In your essay discuss why some people succeed and others do not.
Essay Topic 3
Write a critique of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW. Mention what you think of the diary form of the book. Tell how you like or do not like the chronology of the book. Discuss the film making terminology as to whether it is helpful in understanding the process of making a movie. State your opinion whether Rodriguez is successful in achieving his stated goal for writing the book.
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)