|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
2. What TV show films him for an entire day?
3. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
4. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
5. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
2. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
3. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
4. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
5. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
6. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
7. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
8. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
9. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
10. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about dealing with skeptics as Rodriguez had to do. In your essay define the problem of skeptics and how they can easily discourage people from following their dream. Define how you think it is best to deal with the naysayers in life.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay giving your opinion about the relative merits of seeing a movie in a theater or a video at home. Give examples of movies that are too grand to really be appreciated on a small screen. State the advantage of being able to stop a scene and go back to view it again if you watch the movie on video.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)