|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
2. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
3. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
4. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
5. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
2. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
3. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
4. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
5. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
6. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
7. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
8. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
9. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
10. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on following your dreams. Using Rodriguez as your example, write your essay about how dedication, determination, and passion for a business are necessary for success. In your essay discuss why some people succeed and others do not.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about fame. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example of one who did not allow his sudden celebrity and income go to his head. Contrast him with young stars who get into all kinds of trouble when they suddenly have huge amounts of money. Include Rodriquez' willingness to share his experience in order to inspire other budding filmmakers.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about borrowing money. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example. Explain the advantage he had from doing everything with whatever money he had or could earn to make his movie. Discuss in your essay the value of being creative to reach a goal.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)