|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Rodriguez invited to show his movie?
2. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
3. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
4. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
5. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
2. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
3. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
4. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
5. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
6. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
7. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
8. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
9. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
10. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay giving your opinion about the relative merits of seeing a movie in a theater or a video at home. Give examples of movies that are too grand to really be appreciated on a small screen. State the advantage of being able to stop a scene and go back to view it again if you watch the movie on video.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about intellectual property rights. In your essay discuss how people who pirate other people's work are involved in criminal activity. Explain how a person who has worked on a creative project deserves to get the rewards from that project. Explain why pirating other people's work is the same as stealing money from a bank.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)