|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez not like to work with professional editors?
2. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
3. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
4. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
5. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
2. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
3. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
4. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
5. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
6. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
7. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
8. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
9. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
10. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a critique of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW. Mention what you think of the diary form of the book. Tell how you like or do not like the chronology of the book. Discuss the film making terminology as to whether it is helpful in understanding the process of making a movie. State your opinion whether Rodriguez is successful in achieving his stated goal for writing the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on following your dreams. Using Rodriguez as your example, write your essay about how dedication, determination, and passion for a business are necessary for success. In your essay discuss why some people succeed and others do not.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the importance of storytelling. Include how good stories affect readers or viewers in various ways and give examples.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)