|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
2. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
3. Where is Rodriguez invited to show his movie?
4. What does Rodriguez have in addition to his large office at Columbia?
5. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
2. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
3. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
4. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
5. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
6. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
7. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
8. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
9. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
10. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about fame. In your essay give your opinion about how fame or notoriety are life changing. Deal with how to handle fame and give examples of people who have done it well and some who have not been able to do so.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on recognizing the value of your work. Refer to Rodriguez' refusal to take $25,000 for his movie because he recognized it was worth more. Relate that to anything a person does or creates that has intrinsic value. Explain how to find out what something is worth.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about borrowing money. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example. Explain the advantage he had from doing everything with whatever money he had or could earn to make his movie. Discuss in your essay the value of being creative to reach a goal.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)