|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
2. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
3. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
4. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
5. What TV show films him for an entire day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
2. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
3. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
4. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
5. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
6. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
7. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
8. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
9. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
10. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on happiness. Define what it is that makes Robert Rodriguez happy as you cover the general subject of finding happiness in life. Include what makes you happy or what you think will make you happy.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about what you hope to give others who come after you. Using Rodriguez' writing his book to encourage budding filmmakers as a starting point, your essay will define what you hope to leave to encourage others in your chosen field.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay entitled, LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS AND NOT PROBLEMS. Start with Rodriguez as an example. Then write your essay about how dwelling on problems rather than looking for solutions to any situation in life is self-defeating.
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)