|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does EL MARIACHI win at Sundance?
2. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
3. Where does Rodriguez set the record straight in an interview?
4. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
5. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
2. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
3. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
4. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
5. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
6. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
7. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
8. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
9. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
10. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay giving your opinion about the relative merits of seeing a movie in a theater or a video at home. Give examples of movies that are too grand to really be appreciated on a small screen. State the advantage of being able to stop a scene and go back to view it again if you watch the movie on video.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about borrowing money. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example. Explain the advantage he had from doing everything with whatever money he had or could earn to make his movie. Discuss in your essay the value of being creative to reach a goal.
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)