|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
2. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
3. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
4. Where is Rodriguez invited to show his movie?
5. What does John Watson, a producer, tell Rodriguez?
Short Essay Questions
1. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
2. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
3. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
4. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
5. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
6. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
7. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
8. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
9. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
10. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a critique of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW. Mention what you think of the diary form of the book. Tell how you like or do not like the chronology of the book. Discuss the film making terminology as to whether it is helpful in understanding the process of making a movie. State your opinion whether Rodriguez is successful in achieving his stated goal for writing the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on happiness. Define what it is that makes Robert Rodriguez happy as you cover the general subject of finding happiness in life. Include what makes you happy or what you think will make you happy.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about fame. In your essay give your opinion about how fame or notoriety are life changing. Deal with how to handle fame and give examples of people who have done it well and some who have not been able to do so.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)