|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
2. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
3. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
4. What small luxury does Rodriguez enjoy when he's back in Texas.
5. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
2. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
3. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
4. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
5. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
6. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
7. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
8. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
9. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
10. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about fame. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example of one who did not allow his sudden celebrity and income go to his head. Contrast him with young stars who get into all kinds of trouble when they suddenly have huge amounts of money. Include Rodriquez' willingness to share his experience in order to inspire other budding filmmakers.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the importance of having family support. The support here does not mean financial support. It means the approval and encouragement one gets from people he or she loves. Rodriguez makes a good example of this.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on recognizing the value of your work. Refer to Rodriguez' refusal to take $25,000 for his movie because he recognized it was worth more. Relate that to anything a person does or creates that has intrinsic value. Explain how to find out what something is worth.
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)