|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez realize he was just one year ago on his 23rd birthday?
2. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
3. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
4. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
5. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
2. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
3. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
4. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
5. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
6. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
7. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
8. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
9. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
10. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about helping others succeed. Using Rodriguez as an example, discuss the importance of helping others, especially younger people, learn how to accomplish their dreams.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about fame. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example of one who did not allow his sudden celebrity and income go to his head. Contrast him with young stars who get into all kinds of trouble when they suddenly have huge amounts of money. Include Rodriquez' willingness to share his experience in order to inspire other budding filmmakers.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)