|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
2. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
3. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
4. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
5. What does Rodriguez constantly have to explain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
2. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
3. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
4. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
5. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
6. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
7. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
8. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
9. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
10. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about intellectual property rights. In your essay discuss how people who pirate other people's work are involved in criminal activity. Explain how a person who has worked on a creative project deserves to get the rewards from that project. Explain why pirating other people's work is the same as stealing money from a bank.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)