|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
2. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
3. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
4. What makes it necessary to improvise?
5. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
2. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
3. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
4. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
5. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
6. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
7. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
8. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
9. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
10. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about helping others succeed. Using Rodriguez as an example, discuss the importance of helping others, especially younger people, learn how to accomplish their dreams.
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)