|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
2. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
3. Why does the boring work of editing the film begin to get Rodriguez down?
4. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
5. What are the weapons used in the film?
Short Essay Questions
1. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
2. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
3. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
4. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
6. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
7. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
8. Tell something about Rodriguez' borrowed camera.
9. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
10. How does Rodriguez decide to get past the sophomore curse in movie making?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about doing the drudge work. Using Rodriquez' experience doing post production on his film, write your essay about the boring things that must be done when working to succeed at a business or project.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay giving your opinion about the relative merits of seeing a movie in a theater or a video at home. Give examples of movies that are too grand to really be appreciated on a small screen. State the advantage of being able to stop a scene and go back to view it again if you watch the movie on video.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about dealing with skeptics as Rodriguez had to do. In your essay define the problem of skeptics and how they can easily discourage people from following their dream. Define how you think it is best to deal with the naysayers in life.
This section contains 1,637 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)