|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
2. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
3. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
4. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
5. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
2. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
3. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
4. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
5. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
6. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
7. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
8. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
9. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
10. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about fame. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example of one who did not allow his sudden celebrity and income go to his head. Contrast him with young stars who get into all kinds of trouble when they suddenly have huge amounts of money. Include Rodriquez' willingness to share his experience in order to inspire other budding filmmakers.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about fame. In your essay give your opinion about how fame or notoriety are life changing. Deal with how to handle fame and give examples of people who have done it well and some who have not been able to do so.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)