|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
2. In his TV interview, what does Rodriguez give the viewers?
3. Why does the boring work of editing the film begin to get Rodriguez down?
4. What are the weapons used in the film?
5. What is ICM?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
2. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
3. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
4. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
5. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
6. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
7. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
8. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
9. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
10. Tell something about Rodriguez' borrowed camera.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay entitled, LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS AND NOT PROBLEMS. Start with Rodriguez as an example. Then write your essay about how dwelling on problems rather than looking for solutions to any situation in life is self-defeating.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on happiness. Define what it is that makes Robert Rodriguez happy as you cover the general subject of finding happiness in life. Include what makes you happy or what you think will make you happy.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)