|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
2. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
3. What are the weapons used in the film?
4. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
5. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
2. Tell something about Rodriguez' borrowed camera.
3. How does Rodriguez begin his book?
4. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
5. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
6. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
7. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
8. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
9. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
10. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about perseverance. In your essay discuss how disappointments should never cause one to abandon a dream. Use the way Rodriguez and Gallardo went about finding a distributor for their film and apply the principle to any worthwhile endeavor.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on happiness. Define what it is that makes Robert Rodriguez happy as you cover the general subject of finding happiness in life. Include what makes you happy or what you think will make you happy.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about doing the drudge work. Using Rodriquez' experience doing post production on his film, write your essay about the boring things that must be done when working to succeed at a business or project.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)