|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
2. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
3. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
4. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
5. How does Rodriguez refer to Gallardo to the media who want to interview him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
2. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
3. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
4. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
5. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
6. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
7. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
8. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
9. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
10. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about fame. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example of one who did not allow his sudden celebrity and income go to his head. Contrast him with young stars who get into all kinds of trouble when they suddenly have huge amounts of money. Include Rodriquez' willingness to share his experience in order to inspire other budding filmmakers.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about helping others succeed. Using Rodriguez as an example, discuss the importance of helping others, especially younger people, learn how to accomplish their dreams.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about what you hope to give others who come after you. Using Rodriguez' writing his book to encourage budding filmmakers as a starting point, your essay will define what you hope to leave to encourage others in your chosen field.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)