|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
2. Why does Rodriguez return to see Gallardo in Mexico?
3. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
4. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
5. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
2. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
3. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
4. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
5. Tell something about Rodriguez' borrowed camera.
6. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
7. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
8. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
9. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
10. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the importance of having family support. The support here does not mean financial support. It means the approval and encouragement one gets from people he or she loves. Rodriguez makes a good example of this.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about borrowing money. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example. Explain the advantage he had from doing everything with whatever money he had or could earn to make his movie. Discuss in your essay the value of being creative to reach a goal.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about intellectual property rights. In your essay discuss how people who pirate other people's work are involved in criminal activity. Explain how a person who has worked on a creative project deserves to get the rewards from that project. Explain why pirating other people's work is the same as stealing money from a bank.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)