|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
2. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
3. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
4. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
5. How is the story of the book told?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
2. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
3. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
4. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
5. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
6. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
7. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
8. How does Rodriguez begin his book?
9. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
10. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the importance of having family support. The support here does not mean financial support. It means the approval and encouragement one gets from people he or she loves. Rodriguez makes a good example of this.
Essay Topic 2
Write a critique of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW. Mention what you think of the diary form of the book. Tell how you like or do not like the chronology of the book. Discuss the film making terminology as to whether it is helpful in understanding the process of making a movie. State your opinion whether Rodriguez is successful in achieving his stated goal for writing the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about perseverance. In your essay discuss how disappointments should never cause one to abandon a dream. Use the way Rodriguez and Gallardo went about finding a distributor for their film and apply the principle to any worthwhile endeavor.
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)