|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
2. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
3. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
4. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
5. How is the story of the book told?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
2. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
3. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
4. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
5. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
6. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
7. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
8. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
9. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
10. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about perseverance. In your essay discuss how disappointments should never cause one to abandon a dream. Use the way Rodriguez and Gallardo went about finding a distributor for their film and apply the principle to any worthwhile endeavor.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on following your dreams. Using Rodriguez as your example, write your essay about how dedication, determination, and passion for a business are necessary for success. In your essay discuss why some people succeed and others do not.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about creativity. From the way Rodriguez had to be creative to get his movie made, write you essay about how creativity can overcome obstacles when following a dream. In your essay write about using your own mind rather than just accepting what other people tell you. Refer to Rodriguez' being told it was impossible to make a feature length movie for under $8,000.
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)