|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
2. Who is Peter Marquardt?
3. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
4. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
5. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
2. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
3. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
4. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
5. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
6. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
7. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
8. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
9. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
10. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about what you hope to give others who come after you. Using Rodriguez' writing his book to encourage budding filmmakers as a starting point, your essay will define what you hope to leave to encourage others in your chosen field.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about creativity. From the way Rodriguez had to be creative to get his movie made, write you essay about how creativity can overcome obstacles when following a dream. In your essay write about using your own mind rather than just accepting what other people tell you. Refer to Rodriguez' being told it was impossible to make a feature length movie for under $8,000.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)