|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
2. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
3. Why does Rodriguez return to see Gallardo in Mexico?
4. How is the story of the book told?
5. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
2. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
3. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
4. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
5. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
6. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
7. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
8. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
9. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
10. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the importance of having family support. The support here does not mean financial support. It means the approval and encouragement one gets from people he or she loves. Rodriguez makes a good example of this.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about helping others succeed. Using Rodriguez as an example, discuss the importance of helping others, especially younger people, learn how to accomplish their dreams.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on happiness. Define what it is that makes Robert Rodriguez happy as you cover the general subject of finding happiness in life. Include what makes you happy or what you think will make you happy.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)