Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
2. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
3. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
4. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
5. How is the story of the book told?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
2. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
3. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
4. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
5. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
6. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
7. Explain why Rodriguez wrote the book, REBEL WITHOUT A CREW.
8. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
9. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
10. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
Essay Topic 1
Write a critique of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW. Mention what you think of the diary form of the book. Tell how you like or do not like the chronology of the book. Discuss the film making terminology as to whether it is helpful in understanding the process of making a movie. State your opinion whether Rodriguez is successful in achieving his stated goal for writing the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the importance of storytelling. Include how good stories affect readers or viewers in various ways and give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about what you hope to give others who come after you. Using Rodriguez' writing his book to encourage budding filmmakers as a starting point, your essay will define what you hope to leave to encourage others in your chosen field.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)