|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
2. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
3. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
4. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
5. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
2. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
3. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
4. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
5. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
6. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
7. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
8. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
9. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
10. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the importance of storytelling. Include how good stories affect readers or viewers in various ways and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about borrowing money. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example. Explain the advantage he had from doing everything with whatever money he had or could earn to make his movie. Discuss in your essay the value of being creative to reach a goal.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on happiness. Define what it is that makes Robert Rodriguez happy as you cover the general subject of finding happiness in life. Include what makes you happy or what you think will make you happy.
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)