|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
2. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
3. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
4. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
5. Why does Newman call Rodriguez?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
2. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
3. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
4. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
5. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
6. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
7. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
8. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
9. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
10. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a critique of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW. Mention what you think of the diary form of the book. Tell how you like or do not like the chronology of the book. Discuss the film making terminology as to whether it is helpful in understanding the process of making a movie. State your opinion whether Rodriguez is successful in achieving his stated goal for writing the book.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on recognizing the value of your work. Refer to Rodriguez' refusal to take $25,000 for his movie because he recognized it was worth more. Relate that to anything a person does or creates that has intrinsic value. Explain how to find out what something is worth.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)