|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
2. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
3. Who is Robert Newman?
4. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
5. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
2. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
3. How does Rodriguez begin his book?
4. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
5. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
6. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
7. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
8. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
9. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
10. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about fame. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example of one who did not allow his sudden celebrity and income go to his head. Contrast him with young stars who get into all kinds of trouble when they suddenly have huge amounts of money. Include Rodriquez' willingness to share his experience in order to inspire other budding filmmakers.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about intellectual property rights. In your essay discuss how people who pirate other people's work are involved in criminal activity. Explain how a person who has worked on a creative project deserves to get the rewards from that project. Explain why pirating other people's work is the same as stealing money from a bank.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about borrowing money. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example. Explain the advantage he had from doing everything with whatever money he had or could earn to make his movie. Discuss in your essay the value of being creative to reach a goal.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)