|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
2. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
3. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
4. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
5. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
2. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
3. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
4. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
5. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
6. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
7. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
8. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
9. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
10. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay entitled, LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS AND NOT PROBLEMS. Start with Rodriguez as an example. Then write your essay about how dwelling on problems rather than looking for solutions to any situation in life is self-defeating.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about intellectual property rights. In your essay discuss how people who pirate other people's work are involved in criminal activity. Explain how a person who has worked on a creative project deserves to get the rewards from that project. Explain why pirating other people's work is the same as stealing money from a bank.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the importance of having family support. The support here does not mean financial support. It means the approval and encouragement one gets from people he or she loves. Rodriguez makes a good example of this.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)