Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
2. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
3. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
4. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
5. How is the story of the book told?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
2. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
3. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
4. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
5. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
6. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
7. Explain why Rodriguez wrote the book, REBEL WITHOUT A CREW.
8. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
9. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
10. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about the importance of having family support. The support here does not mean financial support. It means the approval and encouragement one gets from people he or she loves. Rodriguez makes a good example of this.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on recognizing the value of your work. Refer to Rodriguez' refusal to take $25,000 for his movie because he recognized it was worth more. Relate that to anything a person does or creates that has intrinsic value. Explain how to find out what something is worth.
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)