|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez decide to do before doing a full edit of the film?
2. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
3. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
4. How is the story of the book told?
5. How does Rodriguez refer to Gallardo to the media who want to interview him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
2. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
3. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
4. How does Rodriguez begin his book?
5. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
6. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
7. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
8. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
9. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
10. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on happiness. Define what it is that makes Robert Rodriguez happy as you cover the general subject of finding happiness in life. Include what makes you happy or what you think will make you happy.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about what you hope to give others who come after you. Using Rodriguez' writing his book to encourage budding filmmakers as a starting point, your essay will define what you hope to leave to encourage others in your chosen field.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay entitled, LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS AND NOT PROBLEMS. Start with Rodriguez as an example. Then write your essay about how dwelling on problems rather than looking for solutions to any situation in life is self-defeating.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)