|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
2. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
3. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
4. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
5. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
Short Essay Questions
1. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
2. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
3. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
4. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
5. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
6. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
7. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
8. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
9. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
10. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about perseverance. In your essay discuss how disappointments should never cause one to abandon a dream. Use the way Rodriguez and Gallardo went about finding a distributor for their film and apply the principle to any worthwhile endeavor.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about what you hope to give others who come after you. Using Rodriguez' writing his book to encourage budding filmmakers as a starting point, your essay will define what you hope to leave to encourage others in your chosen field.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about dealing with skeptics as Rodriguez had to do. In your essay define the problem of skeptics and how they can easily discourage people from following their dream. Define how you think it is best to deal with the naysayers in life.
This section contains 1,692 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)