Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
2. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
3. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
4. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
5. How is the story of the book told?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
2. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
3. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
4. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
5. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
6. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
7. Explain why Rodriguez wrote the book, REBEL WITHOUT A CREW.
8. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
9. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
10. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on following your dreams. Using Rodriguez as your example, write your essay about how dedication, determination, and passion for a business are necessary for success. In your essay discuss why some people succeed and others do not.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about fame. In your essay use Rodriguez as an example of one who did not allow his sudden celebrity and income go to his head. Contrast him with young stars who get into all kinds of trouble when they suddenly have huge amounts of money. Include Rodriquez' willingness to share his experience in order to inspire other budding filmmakers.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about perseverance. In your essay discuss how disappointments should never cause one to abandon a dream. Use the way Rodriguez and Gallardo went about finding a distributor for their film and apply the principle to any worthwhile endeavor.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)