|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boring work of editing the film begin to get Rodriguez down?
2. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
3. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
4. Why does Rodriguez determine to stay in the Pharmaco study?
5. Doing the Pharmaco study, what does Rodriguez call himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
2. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
3. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
4. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
5. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
6. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
7. Explain why Rodriguez wrote the book, REBEL WITHOUT A CREW.
8. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
9. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
10. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about fame. In your essay give your opinion about how fame or notoriety are life changing. Deal with how to handle fame and give examples of people who have done it well and some who have not been able to do so.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on happiness. Define what it is that makes Robert Rodriguez happy as you cover the general subject of finding happiness in life. Include what makes you happy or what you think will make you happy.
This section contains 1,795 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)