Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
2. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
3. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
4. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
5. How is the story of the book told?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
2. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
3. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
4. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
5. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
6. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
7. Explain why Rodriguez wrote the book, REBEL WITHOUT A CREW.
8. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
9. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
10. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
Write an essay entitled, LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS AND NOT PROBLEMS. Start with Rodriguez as an example. Then write your essay about how dwelling on problems rather than looking for solutions to any situation in life is self-defeating.
Write an essay on dealing with disappointment. Referring to Rodriguez in Chapter 6 as an example, write your essay on how there are many disappointments in life. Discuss how disappointment causes some people to give up but others to look for solutions.
Write an essay about creativity. From the way Rodriguez had to be creative to get his movie made, write you essay about how creativity can overcome obstacles when following a dream. In your essay write about using your own mind rather than just accepting what other people tell you. Refer to Rodriguez' being told it was impossible to make a feature length movie for under $8,000.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)