|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
2. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
3. Why does the boring work of editing the film begin to get Rodriguez down?
4. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
5. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
2. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
3. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
4. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
5. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
6. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
7. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
8. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
9. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
10. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about what you hope to give others who come after you. Using Rodriguez' writing his book to encourage budding filmmakers as a starting point, your essay will define what you hope to leave to encourage others in your chosen field.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about perseverance. In your essay discuss how disappointments should never cause one to abandon a dream. Use the way Rodriguez and Gallardo went about finding a distributor for their film and apply the principle to any worthwhile endeavor.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay entitled, LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS AND NOT PROBLEMS. Start with Rodriguez as an example. Then write your essay about how dwelling on problems rather than looking for solutions to any situation in life is self-defeating.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)