|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
2. Who is Peter Marquardt?
3. Doing the Pharmaco study, what does Rodriguez call himself?
4. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
5. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
2. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
3. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
4. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
6. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
7. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
8. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
9. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
10. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay critiquing a movie you have seen. Use what you have learned from REBEL WITHOUT A CREW about production values to make your critique.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about dealing with skeptics as Rodriguez had to do. In your essay define the problem of skeptics and how they can easily discourage people from following their dream. Define how you think it is best to deal with the naysayers in life.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about intellectual property rights. In your essay discuss how people who pirate other people's work are involved in criminal activity. Explain how a person who has worked on a creative project deserves to get the rewards from that project. Explain why pirating other people's work is the same as stealing money from a bank.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)