|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez not like to work with professional editors?
(a) He feels that they are too expensive.
(b) He feels that they take too long.
(c) He feels that they do not really love the film
(d) He thinks that are not creative.
2. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
(a) making another award winning short film
(b) getting a free ticket to New York
(c) getting a star for his next movie
(d) landing an agent and a Hollywood contract for El Mariachi
3. What does EL MARIACHI win at Sundance?
(a) the Audience Award prize
(b) the Governor's Award
(c) the Golden Globe
(d) the Jury Award
4. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
5. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
(a) overcome Columbia's refusal to view the movie
(b) get the best bid for El Mariachi from Europe
(c) sell what is technically a foreign movie to a major American film company
(d) get Rodriguez the best visitor packages in Hollywood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
2. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
3. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
4. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
5. What nearly brings Rodriguez to a breakdown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
2. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
3. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
4. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
5. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
6. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
7. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
8. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
9. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
10. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)