|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new experience excites Rodriguez?
(a) fans asking for autographs
(b) having a secretary to take his calls
(c) being ask to speak to university classes
(d) flying first class
2. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
(a) introductions to all his favorite stars
(b) tours of the back lots
(c) free movie passes
(d) limousines and luxury hotels
3. Where does Rodriguez set the record straight in an interview?
(a) in the LA Times
(b) on the Tonight Show
(c) on Larry King Live
(d) for the Hollywood Reporter
4. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
(a) to have his own airplane
(b) to work on location in Mexico
(c) to live in Beverly Hills
(d) to reside in Texas
5. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
(a) sell what is technically a foreign movie to a major American film company
(b) get Rodriguez the best visitor packages in Hollywood
(c) overcome Columbia's refusal to view the movie
(d) get the best bid for El Mariachi from Europe
Short Answer Questions
1. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
2. Why does Rodriguez want to explain his process to the world?
3. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
4. What TV show films him for an entire day?
5. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
2. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
3. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
4. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
5. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
6. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
7. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
8. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
9. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
10. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)