|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez not like to work with professional editors?
(a) He feels that they do not really love the film
(b) He thinks that are not creative.
(c) He feels that they are too expensive.
(d) He feels that they take too long.
2. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
(a) so his knees will stop shaking
(b) so people will be impressed with his knowledge
(c) so people understand how he made the movie
(d) so the speech will be as short as possible
3. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
(a) Quentin Tarantino
(b) Stephen Speilberg
(c) Jay Leno
(d) George Lucas
4. What is Rodriguez' last entry in his diary?
(a) These are the kind of days you start a diary for in the first place
(b) This is the end of the EL MARIACHI story.
(c) Tomorrow is another day.
(d) Who would have believed all that has happened?
5. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
(a) to have his own airplane
(b) to live in Beverly Hills
(c) to work on location in Mexico
(d) to reside in Texas
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
2. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
3. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
4. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
5. Who is the first celebrity Rodriguez meets on a movie set?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
2. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
3. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
4. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
5. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
6. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
7. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
8. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
9. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
10. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)