|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez do the subtitling himself?
(a) It would take 3 weeks and cost $3000.
(b) It would add $15,000 to the cost of making the film
(c) It would take 6 months to complete.
(d) Only he understands the real meaning of the words.
2. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
(a) a spot on Larry King Live
(b) an interview for the LA Times
(c) his photo on the cover of People magazine
(d) the premier of El Mariachi
3. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
(a) for interviews and panels
(b) for book deals
(c) for contract negotiations
(d) for charity endorsements
4. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
(a) Mexican nationals picket the openings
(b) some theaters cancel its bookings
(c) Columbia decides to go straight to video
(d) forty feet of it is destroyed during the transfer process
5. What does Rodriguez constantly have to explain?
(a) why his film became so popular
(b) how he got into film making in the first place
(c) how he managed to keep the cost of production so low
(d) why he turned down so many offers before
Short Answer Questions
1. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
2. Where is Rodriguez invited to show his movie?
3. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
4. Who greets Rodriguez and Gallardo when they arrive at the Grammy party?
5. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
2. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
3. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
4. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
5. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
6. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
7. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
8. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
9. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
10. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)