|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
(a) the unusual plot of the movie
(b) Rodriguez's brashness
(c) the story of the making of El Mariachi
(d) the production values of the film
2. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
(a) like a disaster
(b) like a fairy tale
(c) like a nightmare
(d) like a whirlwind
3. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
(a) if he has to give an expense report
(b) if it will be doubled when his wife joins him
(c) if it will come out of his royalties
(d) if he can keep what he doesn't spend
4. What does Rodriguez like to tell interviewers?
(a) to keep his secrets of economical film making to himself
(b) to brag about coming out of poverty
(c) to explain in technical terms how he could make the movie
(d) to talk about other people's movies
5. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
(a) very well
(b) so so
(c) It is cancelled
(d) It bombs
Short Answer Questions
1. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
2. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
3. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
4. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
5. Why does Rodriguez travel all over the U.S.A.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
2. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
3. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
4. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
5. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
6. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
7. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
8. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
9. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
10. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
This section contains 1,011 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)