|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
(a) Mexican nationals picket the openings
(b) some theaters cancel its bookings
(c) forty feet of it is destroyed during the transfer process
(d) Columbia decides to go straight to video
2. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
(a) They are refusing Rodriguez's demands.
(b) Counter offers are being made.
(c) They are debating whether to buy the film.
(d) Contracts are being negotiated for El Mariachi.
3. What nearly brings Rodriguez to a breakdown?
(a) His lawyer tells him not to cash his first $13,000 paycheck.
(b) He is sued by Mex-American for breech of contract.
(c) His remake will be directed by someone else.
(d) Columbia nearly withdraws its offers.
4. Where does Rodriguez realize he was just one year ago on his 23rd birthday?
(a) begging for a used camera
(b) in school at UT-Austin
(c) locked up at Pharmaco
(d) working two jobs to get money
5. What does Rodriguez like to tell interviewers?
(a) to keep his secrets of economical film making to himself
(b) to brag about coming out of poverty
(c) to explain in technical terms how he could make the movie
(d) to talk about other people's movies
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
2. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
3. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
4. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
5. Why is Rodriguez desperate for Columbia to pay him soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
2. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
3. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
4. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
5. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
6. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
7. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
8. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
9. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
10. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)