|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
(a) his brother's education
(b) fixing up his father's house
(c) buying new video equipment
(d) a sports car
2. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
(a) drives a school bus
(b) pawns his video camera
(c) sells his car
(d) works as a bartender in Texas
3. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
(a) He has to answer questions at the end.
(b) He has to give a speech before the movie starts.
(c) He has to reveal his secrets.
(d) A large photo of him is up in the lobby.
4. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
(a) that they will make a sequel
(b) that they are no longer in Mexico
(c) that they were right all along
(d) that this was not all a dream
5. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
(a) Demand for the movie to be made in English.
(b) Very good notices in the press.
(c) Paramount tries to buy Rodriguez' contract.
(d) Very positive audience response in the test screening.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
2. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
3. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
4. Why does Rodriguez not like to work with professional editors?
5. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
2. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
3. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
4. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
5. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
6. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
7. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
8. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
9. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
10. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)