|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
(a) Cheech Marin
(b) Erik Estrada
(c) Julio Iglasias
(d) David Hasselhoff
2. Where is Rodriguez invited to show his movie?
(a) at a major cinema
(b) in a private screening room
(c) at two film festivals
(d) in Mexico
3. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
(a) independently wealthy
(c) working two jobs to make ends meet
4. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
(a) Counter offers are being made.
(b) Contracts are being negotiated for El Mariachi.
(c) They are debating whether to buy the film.
(d) They are refusing Rodriguez's demands.
5. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
(a) in the Hollywood Bowl
(b) at a Directors' Guild of America meeting
(c) in an interview of young filmmakers
(d) in a producers' bargaining session with directors
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez travel all over the U.S.A.?
2. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
3. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
4. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
5. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
2. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
3. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
4. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
5. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
6. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
7. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
8. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
9. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
10. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)