|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the meantime, what happens with the short film, Bedhead?
(a) It gets lost in the mail.
(b) It gets shown on German TV.
(c) It ties for first place at another festival.
(d) It gets honorable mention at another film festival.
2. What do the festival organizers decide to do after EL MARIACHI becomes so popular?
(a) Get Rodrigues to hold a seminar.
(b) They decide to add two more screenings.
(c) Invite Rodriguez back again next year.
(d) Take the movie out of the competition.
3. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
(a) Stephen Speilberg
(b) George Lucas
(c) Quentin Tarantino
(d) Jay Leno
4. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
(a) a spot on Larry King Live
(b) his photo on the cover of People magazine
(c) an interview for the LA Times
(d) the premier of El Mariachi
5. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
(a) getting the big head
(c) lying about the cost of the movie
(d) seeking personal glory
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
2. What does Rodriguez like to tell interviewers?
3. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
4. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
5. What does EL MARIACHI win at Sundance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
2. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
3. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
4. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
5. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
6. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
7. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
8. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
9. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
10. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)