|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
(a) Cheech Marin
(b) David Hasselhoff
(c) Erik Estrada
(d) Julio Iglasias
2. Why is Alfonso Arau in Toronto?
(a) being honored as a stary in EL MARIACHI
(b) premiering his movie, Como Agua Para Chocolate
(c) checking out ideas for his new movie
(d) introducing his wife to movie makers
3. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
(a) George Lucas
(b) Stephen Speilberg
(c) Quentin Tarantino
(d) Jay Leno
4. What is Rodriguez' last entry in his diary?
(a) This is the end of the EL MARIACHI story.
(b) These are the kind of days you start a diary for in the first place
(c) Who would have believed all that has happened?
(d) Tomorrow is another day.
5. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
(a) to buy his next film
(b) to hire him to write scripts
(c) to shoot a full length film of Bedhead
(d) to purchase and release the original El Mariachi
Short Answer Questions
1. For what event is Rodriguez driving himself to finish editing El Mariachi?
2. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
3. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
4. After Telluride, where does Rodriguez take his film next?
5. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
2. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
3. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
4. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
5. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
6. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
7. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
8. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
9. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
10. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)