|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
2. What does Rodriguez tell NPR?
(a) He makes movies for the money and fame.
(b) He always knew he would make it to Hollywood.
(c) He likes the technical part of movie making the best.
(d) He thought he would make it to Hollywood.
3. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
(a) that they will make a sequel
(b) that they are no longer in Mexico
(c) that this was not all a dream
(d) that they were right all along
4. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
(a) getting a star for his next movie
(b) landing an agent and a Hollywood contract for El Mariachi
(c) getting a free ticket to New York
(d) making another award winning short film
5. What special invitation is EL MARIACHI given?
(a) the Mexico City Film Festival
(b) the Sundance Film Festival
(c) the National Arts Institute Festival
(d) the Venice Film Festival
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
2. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
3. What does John Watson, a producer, tell Rodriguez?
4. Why does Rodriguez do the subtitling himself?
5. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
2. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
3. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
4. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
5. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
6. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
7. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
8. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
9. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
10. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)