|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
(a) people laughing in the wrong places
(b) movie critics in the audience
(c) getting sick and throwing up
(d) failure in front of witnesses
2. What special invitation is EL MARIACHI given?
(a) the Venice Film Festival
(b) the Mexico City Film Festival
(c) the National Arts Institute Festival
(d) the Sundance Film Festival
3. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
(a) Tonight and Phil Donahue
(b) Meet the Press and Oprah Winfrey
(c) The Howard Stern Show and Late Night with David Letterman
(d) Good Morning America and Today on NBC
4. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
(a) They are jealous of Rodriguez's popularity.
(b) They are both actors in El Mariachi.
(c) They need a vacation.
(d) They are getting paid to attend.
5. What do Rodriguez, Gallardo, and Peter see at the festival for the first time?
(a) the panel of judges
(b) the ballots for audience members
(c) the red carpet
(d) the brand new Mariachi poster
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
2. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
3. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
4. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
5. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
2. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
3. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
4. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
5. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
6. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
7. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
8. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
9. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
10. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)