|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
(a) They are jealous of Rodriguez's popularity.
(b) They are getting paid to attend.
(c) They need a vacation.
(d) They are both actors in El Mariachi.
2. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
(a) an interview for the LA Times
(b) his photo on the cover of People magazine
(c) the premier of El Mariachi
(d) a spot on Larry King Live
3. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
(a) Good Morning America and Today on NBC
(b) Meet the Press and Oprah Winfrey
(c) The Howard Stern Show and Late Night with David Letterman
(d) Tonight and Phil Donahue
4. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
(a) They want to criticize his film.
(b) They want to stop answering his calls.
(c) They immediately want to become Rodriguez' agents.
(d) They want to pass him on to another agent.
5. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
(a) playing mind games with Rodriguez
(c) his ethnic background
(d) perhaps his media overexposure
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a critic say about EL MARIACHI?
2. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
3. What does ICM want to do with Rodriguez' diary?
4. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
5. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
2. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
3. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
4. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
5. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
6. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
7. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
8. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
9. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
10. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)