|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rodriguez invited to show his movie?
(a) in a private screening room
(b) in Mexico
(c) at a major cinema
(d) at two film festivals
2. What does a critic say about EL MARIACHI?
(a) He would rather be in Hawaii.
(b) He cannot wait to see it.
(c) He has heard it is amateurish.
(d) He gets bored at festival screenings.
3. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
(a) It is cancelled
(b) It bombs
(c) very well
(d) so so
4. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
(a) Contracts are being negotiated for El Mariachi.
(b) They are debating whether to buy the film.
(c) They are refusing Rodriguez's demands.
(d) Counter offers are being made.
5. Who greets Rodriguez and Gallardo when they arrive at the Grammy party?
(a) Rita Moreno
(b) an army of photographers
(c) the cast of Fame
(d) Miss Universe
Short Answer Questions
1. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
2. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
3. After returning to Texas, which two Hollywood companies contact Rodriguez and want to fly him back to LA?
4. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
5. Why is Alfonso Arau in Toronto?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
2. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
3. Briefly describe the relationship between Rodriguez and his family.
4. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
5. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
6. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
7. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
8. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
9. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
10. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)