|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
(a) El Paso, Texas
(b) Toronto, Canada
(c) Juarez, Mexico
(d) Austin, Texas
2. Who greets Rodriguez and Gallardo when they arrive at the Grammy party?
(a) Miss Universe
(b) the cast of Fame
(c) an army of photographers
(d) Rita Moreno
3. For what event is Rodriguez driving himself to finish editing El Mariachi?
(a) the general release of the film
(b) the Telluride Festival
(c) the Guinness Book of Records
(d) the official premier
4. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
(a) The audience will answer questions about the movie.
(b) Statistics will be gathered about how many fall asleep.
(c) Ticket prices will be lowered.
(d) The audience response will be measured by applause.
5. What small luxury does Rodriguez enjoy when he's back in Texas.
(a) He has time to plan his next movie.
(b) He does not have to go anywhere in the morning.
(c) He drives a brand new car.
(d) He takes his wife out to expensive restaurants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
2. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
3. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
4. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
5. What TV show films him for an entire day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
2. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
3. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
4. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
5. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
6. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
7. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
8. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
9. What annoys Rodriguez about the sound editing on his film?
10. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)