|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
(a) The Howard Stern Show and Late Night with David Letterman
(b) Meet the Press and Oprah Winfrey
(c) Good Morning America and Today on NBC
(d) Tonight and Phil Donahue
2. Who greets Rodriguez and Gallardo when they arrive at the Grammy party?
(a) an army of photographers
(b) Miss Universe
(c) the cast of Fame
(d) Rita Moreno
3. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
(a) to buy his next film
(b) to shoot a full length film of Bedhead
(c) to purchase and release the original El Mariachi
(d) to hire him to write scripts
4. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
(a) from the professor at the university
(b) from a former colleague
(c) from Antonio Banderas
(d) from Gallardo
5. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
(a) They need a vacation.
(b) They are jealous of Rodriguez's popularity.
(c) They are both actors in El Mariachi.
(d) They are getting paid to attend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
2. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
3. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
4. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
5. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
2. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
3. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
4. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
5. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
6. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
7. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
8. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
9. In what way does Rodriguez respond to skeptics?
10. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)