|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
(a) Rodriguez must hurry and make a deal.
(b) El Mariachi will be screened by a selected audience.
(c) Public reaction at a private screening will decide.
(d) The movie moguls will flip coins for the rights.
2. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
(a) All of them are interested.
(b) He cannot get in the door.
(c) None of them like it.
(d) He needs to remake the film for them.
3. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
(a) to have his own airplane
(b) to work on location in Mexico
(c) to reside in Texas
(d) to live in Beverly Hills
4. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
(a) the production values of the film
(b) Rodriguez's brashness
(c) the unusual plot of the movie
(d) the story of the making of El Mariachi
5. Why is Alfonso Arau in Toronto?
(a) being honored as a stary in EL MARIACHI
(b) checking out ideas for his new movie
(c) premiering his movie, Como Agua Para Chocolate
(d) introducing his wife to movie makers
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
2. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
3. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
4. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
5. Why does Rodriguez do the subtitling himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
2. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
3. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
4. How does a movie producer try to rain on Rodriguez' parade?
5. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
6. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
7. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
8. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
9. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
10. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)