|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
(a) El Paso, Texas
(b) Juarez, Mexico
(c) Toronto, Canada
(d) Austin, Texas
2. Who is the first celebrity Rodriguez meets on a movie set?
(a) Angela Landsbury
(b) Bruce Willis
(c) Arnold Schwarzenegger
(d) Pee Wee Herman
3. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
(a) releasing the movie nationally
(b) scrapping the whole project
(c) giving Rodriguez a larger office
(d) having Rodriguez direct a new movie
4. What does ICM want to do with Rodriguez' diary?
(a) use it in his press releases
(b) publish it as a book
(c) make it into a movie
(d) keep hit hidden from the press
5. What does John Watson, a producer, tell Rodriguez?
(a) He may just be a flash in the pan.
(b) He will never repeat what he did in EL MARIACHI.
(c) The popularity of the movie will work against him.
(d) The public will inevitably turn on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
2. Why does Rodriguez travel all over the U.S.A.?
3. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
4. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
5. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)