|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What TV show films him for an entire day?
(a) Live with David Letterman
(b) Entertainment Tonight
(c) 60 minutes
2. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
(a) He has to give a speech before the movie starts.
(b) He has to reveal his secrets.
(c) He has to answer questions at the end.
(d) A large photo of him is up in the lobby.
3. Why is Alfonso Arau in Toronto?
(a) checking out ideas for his new movie
(b) being honored as a stary in EL MARIACHI
(c) introducing his wife to movie makers
(d) premiering his movie, Como Agua Para Chocolate
4. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
(a) to the Cannes Festival
(b) to Antonio Banderas
(c) to Spain
(d) to the Argentine film festival
5. What special invitation is EL MARIACHI given?
(a) the Sundance Film Festival
(b) the Mexico City Film Festival
(c) the Venice Film Festival
(d) the National Arts Institute Festival
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez tell NPR?
2. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
3. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
4. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
5. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do things go for EL MARIACHI at the Sundance Film Festival?
2. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
3. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
4. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
5. What happens around the test screening of EL MARIACHI?
6. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
7. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
8. What kind of celebrity treatment does Rodriguez receive when he goes on tour?
9. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
10. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)