|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What small luxury does Rodriguez enjoy when he's back in Texas.
(a) He does not have to go anywhere in the morning.
(b) He takes his wife out to expensive restaurants.
(c) He has time to plan his next movie.
(d) He drives a brand new car.
2. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
(a) Columbia decides to go straight to video
(b) some theaters cancel its bookings
(c) forty feet of it is destroyed during the transfer process
(d) Mexican nationals picket the openings
3. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
(a) It is cancelled
(b) It bombs
(c) so so
(d) very well
4. What new experience excites Rodriguez?
(a) being ask to speak to university classes
(b) fans asking for autographs
(c) flying first class
(d) having a secretary to take his calls
5. What does Rodriguez tell NPR?
(a) He thought he would make it to Hollywood.
(b) He always knew he would make it to Hollywood.
(c) He makes movies for the money and fame.
(d) He likes the technical part of movie making the best.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
2. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
3. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
4. Where is Rodriguez invited to show his movie?
5. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
2. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
3. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
4. How does Rodriguez feel about the national release of his original film?
5. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
6. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
7. Has Rodriguez' life changed since Hollywood became interested in him?
8. Describe the occasion for a new friendship for Rodriguez in Toronto.
9. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
10. What is the good news and bad news for Rodriguez as the negotiations for his movie continue?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)