|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
(a) making another award winning short film
(b) landing an agent and a Hollywood contract for El Mariachi
(c) getting a free ticket to New York
(d) getting a star for his next movie
2. What does Rodriguez tell NPR?
(a) He always knew he would make it to Hollywood.
(b) He likes the technical part of movie making the best.
(c) He makes movies for the money and fame.
(d) He thought he would make it to Hollywood.
3. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
(a) meeting Antonio Banderas
(b) finishing the edit on El Mariachi
(c) starting pre-production on a new film
(d) at last receiving his final Columbia contract
4. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
(a) for contract negotiations
(b) for book deals
(c) for interviews and panels
(d) for charity endorsements
5. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) the waste of money
(b) too much technical training
(c) lack of vision
(d) not much innovation
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
2. Where does Rodriguez realize he was just one year ago on his 23rd birthday?
3. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
4. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
5. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)