|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
(c) Million Dollar Video
2. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
(a) his father's job in a movie theater
(b) the inspiration of an English teacher
(c) his mother's love of the movies
(d) his hours watching old movies on TV
3. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
(a) Azul and his jacket
(b) a turtle walking to town with the Mariachi
(c) the Mariachi drinking from a coconut
(d) a chase scene between the villians and the Mariachi.
4. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) a small video camera
(b) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(c) a camera borrowed from his film professor
(d) equipment rented in Mexico
5. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
(a) a $3,000 study
(b) an outpatient study
(c) a $7,000 study
(d) a weekend study
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the weapons used in the film?
2. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
3. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
4. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
5. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
2. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
3. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
4. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
5. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
6. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
7. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
8. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
9. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
10. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)