|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
(a) a $7,000 study
(b) a weekend study
(c) a $3,000 study
(d) an outpatient study
2. In his TV interview, what does Rodriguez give the viewers?
(a) free copies of his CD
(b) tips about creating a film with a limited budget
(c) offers to hold movie making classes
(d) stand up comedy jokes about movie making
3. Why does the boring work of editing the film begin to get Rodriguez down?
(a) He fears he is not up to the task.
(b) He only likes to work on things he enjoys.
(c) He sees too many defects in the film.
(d) He needs help but has no money left.
4. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
(a) serious competition
(d) well made
5. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
(a) learning how to operate a camera
(b) learning how to raise money
(c) learning how to handle all the postproduction details
(d) learning how to do makeshift lighting
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
2. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
3. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
4. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
5. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
2. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
3. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
4. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
5. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
6. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
7. How does Rodriguez begin his book?
8. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
9. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
10. Tell something about Rodriguez' borrowed camera.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)