|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
(a) on the cover of Texas Times
(b) on the post office wall
(c) on the film school wall
(d) on the entertainment page of the Express News
2. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
(a) the gunfight scenes in the jail
(b) the swimming pool scenes
(c) those with Reinol Martinez, the man who plays Azul
(d) the musical scenes
3. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
(a) a market, a hotel, and a slum
(b) a courtroom, a bar, and a theater
(c) a jail, a ranch, and a bank
(d) a bar, a jail, and a bedroom
4. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
(a) in two weeks
(b) that same day
(c) in four days
(d) the next day
5. What does Rodriguez decide to do before doing a full edit of the film?
(a) take it to his university professor
(b) take a class on movie editing
(c) ask advice from Quentin Tarantino
(d) make a rough edit at home
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert Newman?
2. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
3. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
4. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
5. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
Short Essay Questions
1. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
2. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
3. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
4. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
6. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
7. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
8. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
9. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
10. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)