|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the weapons used in the film?
(a) real guns borrowed from the police
(b) guns rented from a pawnshop
(c) army surplus guns
(d) plastic toy store guns
2. What does El Mariachi receive on airing its trailer on public access TV?
(a) an offer to finance the film
(b) positive responses from viewers
(c) negative reviews by critics
(d) inquiries about where the film was made
3. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
(a) Azul and his jacket
(b) a turtle walking to town with the Mariachi
(c) the Mariachi drinking from a coconut
(d) a chase scene between the villians and the Mariachi.
4. What is ICM?
(a) a small fim producing copany
(b) a distribution company
(c) a major talent agency
(d) International Cinema Marketing
5. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
(a) a big neame star
(b) a chance to meet the stars
(c) an attractive trailer
(d) a higher percentage of the gross profits
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez refer to Gallardo to the media who want to interview him?
2. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
3. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
4. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
5. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
2. Give an example of how Rodriguez thinks about other people than himself.
3. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
4. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
5. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
6. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
7. How does Rodriguez show his sense of humor in the title of the epilogue?
8. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
9. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
10. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)