|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
(a) in class at his high school
(b) a Mexican local television channel and in dance clubs
(c) in his garage
(d) in a sports bar in Mexico
2. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
(a) the time he will lose
(b) the isolation from his family
(c) the side effects caused by medical experiments
(d) the fear of failing the physical
3. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
(b) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
(c) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
(d) a family of sleepy siblings
4. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
(a) the inane conversation of other lab rats
(b) the tasteless food they have to eat
(c) the reruns of old TV movies
(d) the slow pace of life at Pharmaco
5. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
(a) Ricardo Montalban
(c) Ricky Ricardo
(d) Lina Santos
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
2. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
3. What does the budget for transferring the film to video come in at?
4. Who is Robert Newman?
5. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
2. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
3. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
4. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
5. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
6. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
7. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
8. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
9. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
10. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)