|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
(a) goes on Jay Leno Show
(b) takes an ad out in Variety
(c) sends his tape to ICM
(d) walks into the office of the president of Warner Bros.
2. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
(a) it takes at least $30,000 to make a movie
(b) being creative is all you need to succeed
(c) being creative and technical is better
(d) always hire someone to do the technical jobs
3. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
(a) Several companies express an interest in the film.
(b) Private showings have gotten rave reviews.
(c) The trailer has received great reviews.
(d) Compared to other films, his had better quality.
4. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
(a) playing his guitar
(b) watching reruns on TV
(c) watching the other lab rats
(d) talking to the nurses
5. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
(a) that his short films are creative but rough
(b) that he has never won a short film award
(c) that his award-winning short films were done by him alone
(d) that his work shows signs of genius
Short Answer Questions
1. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
2. What does Rodriguez decide to do before doing a full edit of the film?
3. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
4. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
5. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
2. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
3. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
4. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
5. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
6. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
7. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
8. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
9. Tell something about Rodriguez' borrowed camera.
10. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)