|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
(a) the rough cut version of EL MARIACHI
(b) BEDHEAD and the trailer of EL MARIACHI
(c) views of all the film show awards Rodriguez has won
(d) reviews from major critics
2. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
(a) they need him to pick up his demo
(b) he has to deliver some headshots
(c) he has to transalte the Spanish language
(d) the demo he left does not work properly
3. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
(a) learning how to raise money
(b) learning how to do makeshift lighting
(c) learning how to operate a camera
(d) learning how to handle all the postproduction details
4. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) got to movie sets in Mexico
(b) rent Spanish action videos
(c) read books about Spanish film making
(d) conduct a survey of movie goers
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(b) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(c) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(d) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
2. What makes it necessary to improvise?
3. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
4. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
5. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
2. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
3. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
4. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
5. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
6. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
7. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
8. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
9. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
10. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)