|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
(a) he has to deliver some headshots
(b) the demo he left does not work properly
(c) he has to transalte the Spanish language
(d) they need him to pick up his demo
2. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
(a) Million Dollar Video
3. In his TV interview, what does Rodriguez give the viewers?
(a) offers to hold movie making classes
(b) tips about creating a film with a limited budget
(c) free copies of his CD
(d) stand up comedy jokes about movie making
4. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
(a) los locos productions
(b) la luna productions
(c) el cheapo productions
(d) el estupido productions
5. What do they use for a dolly to move the camera in some scenes?
(a) Rodrigues wearing roller blades.
(b) Rodriguez on a skateboard.
(c) Rodriguez sitting in a wheel chair.
(d) Rodrigues riding on a tricycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ICM?
2. Why does Rodriguez return to see Gallardo in Mexico?
3. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
4. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
5. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Tell something about Rodriguez' borrowed camera.
2. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
3. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
4. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
5. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
6. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
7. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
8. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
9. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
10. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)