|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
2. What does El Mariachi receive on airing its trailer on public access TV?
(a) positive responses from viewers
(b) inquiries about where the film was made
(c) negative reviews by critics
(d) an offer to finance the film
3. Who is Peter Marquardt?
(a) Rodriguez's film school professor
(b) Rodriguez' roommate at the Pharmaco study.
(c) an agent who wants to sign Rodriguez
(d) a doctor at the Pharmaco study
4. How does Rodriguez decide to label his film in the credits?
(a) A Small Wonder Production
(b) A Los Hooligans Production
(c) A Gallardo/Rodriguez Production
(d) A Rodgal Production
5. Why does Newman call Rodriguez?
(a) to say he cannot use EL MARIACHI
(b) to ask for any other demos Rodriguez has
(c) to tell him he loves the trailer and that he wants to work with him
(d) to get his phone number in Texas
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
2. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
3. Why does Rodriguez determine to stay in the Pharmaco study?
4. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
5. What does Rodriguez decide to do before doing a full edit of the film?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
2. What is the feeling about how things will turn out at Sundance?
3. Explain why Rodriguez wrote the book, REBEL WITHOUT A CREW.
4. Relate the amusing reaction to Rodriguez' question about his per diem.
5. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
6. How does Rodriguez' insecurity show up during the bidding war for his movie and his services?
7. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
8. Briefly describe the changes in Rodriguez' life in just one year.
9. How does Rodriguez decide to get past the sophomore curse in movie making?
10. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)