|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
(a) a bar, a jail, and a bedroom
(b) a jail, a ranch, and a bank
(c) a market, a hotel, and a slum
(d) a courtroom, a bar, and a theater
2. What is ICM?
(a) a distribution company
(b) International Cinema Marketing
(c) a major talent agency
(d) a small fim producing copany
3. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
(a) to make the costumes
(b) to hold the camera
(c) to compose music for the movie
(d) to find locations
4. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
(a) through his wife's brother's hobby
(b) through his father's love for gadgets
(c) through winning a contest
(d) through a sales promotion with no money down
5. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
(a) el cheapo productions
(b) los locos productions
(c) la luna productions
(d) el estupido productions
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it necessary to improvise?
2. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
3. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
4. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
5. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
2. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
3. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
4. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
5. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
6. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
7. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
8. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
9. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
10. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)