|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez decide to label his film in the credits?
(a) A Gallardo/Rodriguez Production
(b) A Small Wonder Production
(c) A Los Hooligans Production
(d) A Rodgal Production
2. What do they use for a dolly to move the camera in some scenes?
(a) Rodrigues wearing roller blades.
(b) Rodrigues riding on a tricycle.
(c) Rodriguez sitting in a wheel chair.
(d) Rodriguez on a skateboard.
3. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
(a) it takes at least $30,000 to make a movie
(b) being creative and technical is better
(c) always hire someone to do the technical jobs
(d) being creative is all you need to succeed
4. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) equipment rented in Mexico
(b) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(c) a small video camera
(d) a camera borrowed from his film professor
5. Why does Newman call Rodriguez?
(a) to say he cannot use EL MARIACHI
(b) to get his phone number in Texas
(c) to tell him he loves the trailer and that he wants to work with him
(d) to ask for any other demos Rodriguez has
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
2. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
3. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
4. In his TV interview, what does Rodriguez give the viewers?
5. Who is Peter Marquardt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
2. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
3. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
4. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
5. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
6. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
7. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
8. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
9. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
10. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)