|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as improvisation
(b) as education
(c) as simplification
(d) as the hardest part
2. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that they have planned well
(b) that it has possibilities
(c) that it can be done cheaper than that
(d) that it will fail
3. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
(a) the same Stephen King book
(b) The Last of the Mohicans
(c) a John Grisham novel
(d) books on film making
4. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
(a) the local police
(b) NASCAR drivers
(c) low riders
(d) local teenage drivers
5. How does Rodriguez plan to make single shot weapons appear to be semi-automatic?
(a) through prop enhancement
(b) through digital manipuation
(c) though a soft filter lens
(d) through careful editing
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they use for a dolly to move the camera in some scenes?
2. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
3. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
4. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
5. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
2. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
3. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
4. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
5. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
6. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
7. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
8. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
9. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
10. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)