|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
(b) a family of sleepy siblings
(c) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
(d) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
2. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
(a) He has a reaction to the Pharmaco experiment.
(b) He starts losing his vision.
(c) His back goes out
(d) He accidentally erases all his work.
3. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
(a) take out ads in the LA Times
(b) have free showings of El Mariachi
(c) go door-to-door to sell El Mariachi
(d) get on TV and push their product
4. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
(a) the isolation from his family
(b) the side effects caused by medical experiments
(c) the time he will lose
(d) the fear of failing the physical
5. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) equipment rented in Mexico
(b) a small video camera
(c) a camera borrowed from his film professor
(d) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
2. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
3. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
4. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
5. Doing the Pharmaco study, what does Rodriguez call himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
2. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
3. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
4. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
5. Tell what comes of Rodriguez' contacting ICM.
6. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
7. How does Rodriguez express his philosophy of movie making?
8. Why does Rodriguez attend the Grammy Awards party and what kind of reception does he get?
9. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
10. What state of mind does the Toronto Film Festival create in Rodriguez?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)