|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as simplification
(b) as improvisation
(c) as the hardest part
(d) as education
2. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
(a) goes on Jay Leno Show
(b) sends his tape to ICM
(c) walks into the office of the president of Warner Bros.
(d) takes an ad out in Variety
3. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
(a) the same Stephen King book
(b) a John Grisham novel
(c) books on film making
(d) The Last of the Mohicans
4. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
(a) an offer to go to Hollywood
(b) a school scholarship
(c) $700 that he will use in El Mariachi
(d) a new 16mm movie camera
5. Who is Robert Newman?
(a) an ICM agent
(b) a studio head
(c) a studio hiring agent
(d) a financier
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
2. Who is Peter Marquardt?
3. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
4. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
5. What does El Mariachi receive on airing its trailer on public access TV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rodriguez' emotions before the Telluride Film Festival.
2. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
3. How does Rodriguez show his sense of humor in the title of the epilogue?
4. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
5. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
6. Describe the change in Rodriguez as his film gets audience approval at Telluride.
7. Give an example of Rodriguez's frugality before the Telluride and Toronto Film Festivals.
8. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
9. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
10. Explain why Rodriguez wrote the book, REBEL WITHOUT A CREW.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)