|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez decide to label his film in the credits?
(a) A Los Hooligans Production
(b) A Small Wonder Production
(c) A Rodgal Production
(d) A Gallardo/Rodriguez Production
2. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
(a) a big neame star
(b) a higher percentage of the gross profits
(c) a chance to meet the stars
(d) an attractive trailer
3. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
(a) his father's job in a movie theater
(b) his hours watching old movies on TV
(c) the inspiration of an English teacher
(d) his mother's love of the movies
4. How is the story of the book told?
(a) first person diary form
(b) third person chronological form
(c) first person dream sequences
(d) third person interview form
5. Why does Newman call Rodriguez?
(a) to tell him he loves the trailer and that he wants to work with him
(b) to ask for any other demos Rodriguez has
(c) to get his phone number in Texas
(d) to say he cannot use EL MARIACHI
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
2. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
3. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
4. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
5. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
2. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
3. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
4. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
5. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
6. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
7. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
8. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
9. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
10. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)