|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez plan to make single shot weapons appear to be semi-automatic?
(a) through prop enhancement
(b) through digital manipuation
(c) though a soft filter lens
(d) through careful editing
2. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) They never get in to see her.
(b) Her agent demands too much money.
(c) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
(d) She agrees and then backs out.
3. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
(a) more time to make his films
(b) connections to Hollywood
(c) good critiques of his methods
(d) access to the equipment he needed
4. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
(c) well made
(d) serious competition
5. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
(a) It will come through and he will do everything by mail.
(b) A contract will come from New York.
(c) Something good will come from his failure.
(d) He can raise more money and go back again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
2. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
3. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
4. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
2. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
3. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
4. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
5. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
6. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
7. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
8. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
9. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
10. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)