|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
(a) more time to make his films
(b) access to the equipment he needed
(c) connections to Hollywood
(d) good critiques of his methods
2. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
(a) low riders
(b) local teenage drivers
(c) the local police
(d) NASCAR drivers
3. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
(a) how to buy expensive equipment
(b) how to enter film contests
(c) how to make a big budget movie or how to make contacts
(d) how to find investors for a movie project
4. How does Rodriguez plan to make single shot weapons appear to be semi-automatic?
(a) through prop enhancement
(b) through careful editing
(c) through digital manipuation
(d) though a soft filter lens
5. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
(a) It is about to be closed.
(b) It is being sold to new owners.
(c) It is going public.
(d) It is moving to another city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
2. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
3. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
4. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
5. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
2. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
3. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
4. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
5. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
6. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
7. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
8. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
9. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
10. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)