|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does El Mariachi receive on airing its trailer on public access TV?
(a) positive responses from viewers
(b) an offer to finance the film
(c) inquiries about where the film was made
(d) negative reviews by critics
2. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of time
(b) the lack of experience
(c) the lack of actors
(d) the lack of funds
3. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
(a) how to make a big budget movie or how to make contacts
(b) how to find investors for a movie project
(c) how to buy expensive equipment
(d) how to enter film contests
4. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
(a) hitchhiking to Los Angeles
(b) taking the bus to Los Angeles and staying at the YMCA
(c) hopping a freight car to LA and sleeping in a park
(d) driving to Los Angeles and staying at a friend's place
5. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
(a) BEDHEAD and the trailer of EL MARIACHI
(b) the rough cut version of EL MARIACHI
(c) views of all the film show awards Rodriguez has won
(d) reviews from major critics
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
2. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
3. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
4. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
5. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
Short Essay Questions
1. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
2. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
3. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
4. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
5. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
6. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
7. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
8. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
9. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
10. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)