|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(a) The Mariachi
(b) The Last Carnival
2. What does El Mariachi receive on airing its trailer on public access TV?
(a) an offer to finance the film
(b) positive responses from viewers
(c) negative reviews by critics
(d) inquiries about where the film was made
3. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
4. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
(a) The Mariachi tries to find work at a cafe but is turned down.
(b) A police chase ends in a fiery crash.
(c) Azul gets a job singing at a Mexican cafe.
(d) The Mariachi sings to a beautiful woman.
5. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
(a) how to enter film contests
(b) how to find investors for a movie project
(c) how to buy expensive equipment
(d) how to make a big budget movie or how to make contacts
Short Answer Questions
1. Doing the Pharmaco study, what does Rodriguez call himself?
2. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
3. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
4. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
5. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
2. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
3. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
4. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
6. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
7. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
8. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
9. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
10. How does Rodriguez begin trying to market his film?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)