|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
(a) access to modern editing equipment at the university
(b) a grant for having his movie edited
(c) good advice from his university professor
(d) access to old equipment at the cable station
2. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
(a) how to make a big budget movie or how to make contacts
(b) how to find investors for a movie project
(c) how to enter film contests
(d) how to buy expensive equipment
3. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
(a) the inspiration of an English teacher
(b) his hours watching old movies on TV
(c) his mother's love of the movies
(d) his father's job in a movie theater
4. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
(a) the rough cut version of EL MARIACHI
(b) views of all the film show awards Rodriguez has won
(c) reviews from major critics
(d) BEDHEAD and the trailer of EL MARIACHI
5. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
(a) playing his guitar
(b) watching reruns on TV
(c) watching the other lab rats
(d) talking to the nurses
Short Answer Questions
1. Doing the Pharmaco study, what does Rodriguez call himself?
2. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
3. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
4. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
5. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
2. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
3. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
4. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
5. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
6. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
7. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
8. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
9. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
10. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)