|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
(a) the rough cut version of EL MARIACHI
(b) views of all the film show awards Rodriguez has won
(c) reviews from major critics
(d) BEDHEAD and the trailer of EL MARIACHI
2. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as education
(b) as the hardest part
(c) as improvisation
(d) as simplification
3. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that it will fail
(b) that they have planned well
(c) that it can be done cheaper than that
(d) that it has possibilities
4. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
(a) $700 that he will use in El Mariachi
(b) a school scholarship
(c) an offer to go to Hollywood
(d) a new 16mm movie camera
5. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
(a) to compose music for the movie
(b) to find locations
(c) to make the costumes
(d) to hold the camera
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the story of the book told?
2. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
3. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
4. Why does Newman call Rodriguez?
5. What does El Mariachi receive on airing its trailer on public access TV?
Short Essay Questions
1. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
2. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
3. Tell something about Rodriguez' borrowed camera.
4. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
5. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
6. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
7. What are some of the progressive steps Rodriguez takes toward his film while in the Pharmaco study?
8. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
9. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
10. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)