|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) rent Spanish action videos
(b) read books about Spanish film making
(c) conduct a survey of movie goers
(d) got to movie sets in Mexico
2. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
(a) watching the other lab rats
(b) talking to the nurses
(c) watching reruns on TV
(d) playing his guitar
3. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
(a) learning how to do makeshift lighting
(b) learning how to raise money
(c) learning how to handle all the postproduction details
(d) learning how to operate a camera
4. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
(a) through an agency
(b) through advertisements
(c) by accident
(d) at the film school
5. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
(a) go door-to-door to sell El Mariachi
(b) take out ads in the LA Times
(c) have free showings of El Mariachi
(d) get on TV and push their product
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
2. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
3. What offer does a Spanish action movie production company make to Rodriguez and Gallardo?
4. What is ICM?
5. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
2. How does EL MARIACHI do in the foreign markets?
3. How do things turn around for Rodriguez as he is offered a contract at ICM?
4. How does Rodriguez's sense of humor come through as he is being contacted by Hollywood studios?
5. How does Rodriguez decide to get past the sophomore curse in movie making?
6. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
7. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
8. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
9. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
10. How is Rodriguez suddenly being courted by Hollywood and what does he learn about the value of his movie?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)