|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
(b) Million Dollar Video
2. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
(a) through an agency
(b) at the film school
(c) through advertisements
(d) by accident
3. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
(a) la luna productions
(b) el estupido productions
(c) los locos productions
(d) el cheapo productions
4. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
(a) simple and plotless
(b) cheap and amateurish
(c) fast and effective
(d) quick and quirky
5. How does Rodriguez refer to Gallardo to the media who want to interview him?
(a) as the one who has all the ideas
(b) as the one who is financing the movie
(c) as the one who wants to be famous
(d) as the one who does all the talking
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
2. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
3. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
4. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
5. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
2. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
3. How does Rodriguez begin his book?
4. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
5. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
6. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
7. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
8. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
9. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
10. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)