|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(b) The Mariachi
(c) The Last Carnival
2. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) a camera borrowed from his film professor
(b) a small video camera
(c) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(d) equipment rented in Mexico
3. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
(a) He doesn't have money to correct them.
(b) He thinks no one will notice.
(c) It is something that he can edit out.
(d) It is supposed to be a practice movie.
4. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
(a) He accidentally erases all his work.
(b) His back goes out
(c) He has a reaction to the Pharmaco experiment.
(d) He starts losing his vision.
5. What offer does a Spanish action movie production company make to Rodriguez and Gallardo?
(a) to send them to a Mexican film school
(b) to make a Spanish video action movie for him for $30,000
(c) to go on the company's payroll as directors
(d) to buy all their short films
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
2. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
3. Why does Rodriguez return to see Gallardo in Mexico?
4. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
5. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
2. What kind of publicity does Rodriguez receive while shooting the movie?
3. Describe the premise of the story for EL MARIACHI.
4. Describe briefly how improvising becomes a big part of preparing for shooting the movie.
5. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
6. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
7. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
8. What does Rodriguez write about getting into the Pharmaco study?
9. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
10. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)