|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
(a) the day he leaves the Pharmaco study
(b) his first day of shooting The Mariachi
(c) the day he wins another film contest
(d) his 23rd birthday
2. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
(a) the reruns of old TV movies
(b) the slow pace of life at Pharmaco
(c) the tasteless food they have to eat
(d) the inane conversation of other lab rats
3. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
(a) simple and plotless
(b) fast and effective
(c) quick and quirky
(d) cheap and amateurish
4. What are the weapons used in the film?
(a) plastic toy store guns
(b) real guns borrowed from the police
(c) army surplus guns
(d) guns rented from a pawnshop
5. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
(a) get on TV and push their product
(b) take out ads in the LA Times
(c) have free showings of El Mariachi
(d) go door-to-door to sell El Mariachi
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
2. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
3. Doing the Pharmaco study, what does Rodriguez call himself?
4. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
5. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
2. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
3. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
4. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
5. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
6. Tell something about Rodriguez' borrowed camera.
7. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
8. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
9. Relate Rodriguez' encounter with the media when his trailer is aired on public television.
10. Unable to talk a famous actress into being in their movie, how is the problem solved?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)