Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
(a) El Mariachi
(b) Los Hooligans
(d) El Lobo
2. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
(a) a grant for having his movie edited
(b) good advice from his university professor
(c) access to modern editing equipment at the university
(d) access to old equipment at the cable station
3. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
(a) read the owner's manual
(b) take a crash course
(c) improvise and learn the hard way
(d) hire a good cameraman
4. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
(a) improvizational filming skills
(b) previsualization skills
(c) steady handheld camera skills
(d) location negotiation skills
5. How is the story of the book told?
(a) first person diary form
(b) third person interview form
(c) first person dream sequences
(d) third person chronological form
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
2. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
3. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
4. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
5. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rodriguez learn about Hollywood that affects him personally while the negotiations continue?
2. Where do Rodriguez and Gallardo first try to sell the movie?
3. Describe how Rodriguez delivers the script for a sequel to EL MARIACHI.
4. What does Rodriguez' brief association with Alfonzo Arau and his wife give him the impetus to do?
5. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
6. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
7. Explain why Rodriguez wrote the book, REBEL WITHOUT A CREW.
8. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
9. How is the story of REBEL WITHOUT A CREW written?
10. Discuss Rodriguez' period of depression during post production.
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)