|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
(b) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
(c) a family of sleepy siblings
(d) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
2. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
(a) access to the equipment he needed
(b) connections to Hollywood
(c) good critiques of his methods
(d) more time to make his films
3. How is the story of the book told?
(a) third person interview form
(b) third person chronological form
(c) first person diary form
(d) first person dream sequences
4. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
(a) in class at his high school
(b) in a sports bar in Mexico
(c) a Mexican local television channel and in dance clubs
(d) in his garage
5. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
(a) legal action
(b) extension of time in the study
(c) expulsion from the program
(d) a fine deducted from the pay
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
2. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
3. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
4. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
5. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rodriguez' friend Gallardo keep occupied while Rodriguez is in the study?
2. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
3. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
4. How does Rodriguez begin his book?
5. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
6. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
7. Relate the daring step Rodriguez takes that will eventually make all the difference to his future.
8. Describe the first thing Rodriguez does in post production.
9. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
10. What does Robert Rodriguez say helped him improve his academic record by his junior year in high school?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)