|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
(a) It is something that he can edit out.
(b) He doesn't have money to correct them.
(c) It is supposed to be a practice movie.
(d) He thinks no one will notice.
2. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(b) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
(c) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(d) He thinks it will be bad luck.
3. How does Rodriguez plan to make single shot weapons appear to be semi-automatic?
(a) through careful editing
(b) through prop enhancement
(c) though a soft filter lens
(d) through digital manipuation
4. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
(a) a film editor to work on the movie
(b) a seamstress who makes cheap costumes
(c) an inexperienced actress to play the role of Domino
(d) the caterer for the movie
5. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
(a) His back goes out
(b) He has a reaction to the Pharmaco experiment.
(c) He accidentally erases all his work.
(d) He starts losing his vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
2. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
3. What makes it necessary to improvise?
4. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
5. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rodriguez manage to shoot chase scenes and gun scenes in the movie?
2. What avenue does Rodriguez find for raising some quick cash?
3. Describe the continuity problem caused by the heat on the set of EL MARIACHI.
4. What happens on the last day of shooting EL MARIACHI?
5. What are some of Carlos Gallardo's contributions to the making of the movie aside from starring as El Mariachi.
6. In Mexico, what is Rodriguez' first experience on a real movie set?
7. At what age did Rodriguez get interested in making movies and how did it begin?
8. How do Rodriguez and Peter become friends in the Pharmaco dormitory?
9. Why does Rodriguez turn down the first offer he is given for the movie?
10. Right after finishing his editing of the movie, what causes Rodriguez to begin doubting himself?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)