|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
(a) from a former colleague
(b) from the professor at the university
(c) from Gallardo
(d) from Antonio Banderas
2. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
(a) Liz Smith's article about his family life
(b) Mr. Blackwell's approval of his suit
(c) Rex Reed's praise of his article
(d) Roger Ebert's article about his movie
3. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
(a) perhaps his media overexposure
(c) playing mind games with Rodriguez
(d) his ethnic background
4. What new experience excites Rodriguez?
(a) being ask to speak to university classes
(b) flying first class
(c) having a secretary to take his calls
(d) fans asking for autographs
5. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
(a) He is taking El Mariachi to the Berlin Film Festival.
(b) He is suing the Mexican film commission.
(c) He is showing El Miriachi every Saturday at midnight.
(d) He is ordering a print of El Mariachi.
6. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
(a) people laughing in the wrong places
(b) failure in front of witnesses
(c) getting sick and throwing up
(d) movie critics in the audience
7. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
(a) The movie moguls will flip coins for the rights.
(b) El Mariachi will be screened by a selected audience.
(c) Rodriguez must hurry and make a deal.
(d) Public reaction at a private screening will decide.
8. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
(a) so people understand how he made the movie
(b) so people will be impressed with his knowledge
(c) so his knees will stop shaking
(d) so the speech will be as short as possible
9. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
(b) independently wealthy
(d) working two jobs to make ends meet
10. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
(a) that he hates film editing
(b) that he is a fraud
(c) that he hates Hollywood
(d) that he was just lucky
11. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
(a) Meet the Press and Oprah Winfrey
(b) The Howard Stern Show and Late Night with David Letterman
(c) Tonight and Phil Donahue
(d) Good Morning America and Today on NBC
12. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
(a) in a producers' bargaining session with directors
(b) at a Directors' Guild of America meeting
(c) in the Hollywood Bowl
(d) in an interview of young filmmakers
13. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) the waste of money
(b) too much technical training
(c) not much innovation
(d) lack of vision
14. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
(a) at the Golden Globe Awards
(b) at a movie premiere
(c) shopping on Rodeo Drive
(d) in the Columbia commissary
15. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
(a) like a nightmare
(b) like a fairy tale
(c) like a disaster
(d) like a whirlwind
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez want to explain his process to the world?
2. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
3. Where does Rodriguez realize he was just one year ago on his 23rd birthday?
4. What does Rodriguez like to tell interviewers?
5. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)