|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
(a) fixing up his father's house
(b) buying new video equipment
(c) a sports car
(d) his brother's education
2. What does ICM want to do with Rodriguez' diary?
(a) publish it as a book
(b) make it into a movie
(c) use it in his press releases
(d) keep hit hidden from the press
3. Who greets Rodriguez and Gallardo when they arrive at the Grammy party?
(a) Rita Moreno
(b) an army of photographers
(c) the cast of Fame
(d) Miss Universe
4. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
(a) He cannot get in the door.
(b) All of them are interested.
(c) None of them like it.
(d) He needs to remake the film for them.
5. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) not much innovation
(b) too much technical training
(c) lack of vision
(d) the waste of money
6. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
(a) Statistics will be gathered about how many fall asleep.
(b) The audience will answer questions about the movie.
(c) Ticket prices will be lowered.
(d) The audience response will be measured by applause.
7. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
(a) what a pest he makes of himself
(b) his unusual filmmaking and his talent
(c) how grainy his film is
(d) how unmarketable his film is
8. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
(a) that they are no longer in Mexico
(b) that they will make a sequel
(c) that this was not all a dream
(d) that they were right all along
9. What is Rodriguez eager to make?
(a) new friends in the movie industry
(b) low budget film where he does everything
(c) as much money as possible
(d) the kind of movies he could make with a real budget
10. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
(a) The Mariachi music composers will earn royalties
(b) Gallardo will get paid for his work as a crew member.
(c) The actors will be flown to Hollywood for the premier.
(d) The town in Mexico will get a new jail.
11. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
(a) that he hates film editing
(b) that he was just lucky
(c) that he is a fraud
(d) that he hates Hollywood
12. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
(a) tours of the back lots
(b) limousines and luxury hotels
(c) introductions to all his favorite stars
(d) free movie passes
13. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
(a) for interviews and panels
(b) for contract negotiations
(c) for book deals
(d) for charity endorsements
14. Why does Rodriguez do the subtitling himself?
(a) Only he understands the real meaning of the words.
(b) It would take 6 months to complete.
(c) It would take 3 weeks and cost $3000.
(d) It would add $15,000 to the cost of making the film
15. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
(a) overcome Columbia's refusal to view the movie
(b) get the best bid for El Mariachi from Europe
(c) get Rodriguez the best visitor packages in Hollywood
(d) sell what is technically a foreign movie to a major American film company
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
2. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
3. After Telluride, where does Rodriguez take his film next?
4. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
5. Why does Rodriguez not like to work with professional editors?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)