|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
(a) Juarez, Mexico
(b) Toronto, Canada
(c) El Paso, Texas
(d) Austin, Texas
2. What does Rodriguez have in addition to his large office at Columbia?
(a) an office on Rodeo Drive
(b) a house in Burbank, CA
(c) use of a private jet
(d) a corporation based in Texas called Los Hooligans Productions, Inc
3. In the meantime, what happens with the short film, Bedhead?
(a) It gets lost in the mail.
(b) It ties for first place at another festival.
(c) It gets shown on German TV.
(d) It gets honorable mention at another film festival.
4. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
(a) finishing the edit on El Mariachi
(b) at last receiving his final Columbia contract
(c) meeting Antonio Banderas
(d) starting pre-production on a new film
5. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
(a) for book deals
(b) for charity endorsements
(c) for contract negotiations
(d) for interviews and panels
6. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
(b) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
(c) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
(d) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
7. What does Rodriguez constantly have to explain?
(a) why he turned down so many offers before
(b) how he managed to keep the cost of production so low
(c) how he got into film making in the first place
(d) why his film became so popular
8. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
(a) Julio Iglasias
(b) Erik Estrada
(c) David Hasselhoff
(d) Cheech Marin
9. For what event is Rodriguez driving himself to finish editing El Mariachi?
(a) the official premier
(b) the Guinness Book of Records
(c) the Telluride Festival
(d) the general release of the film
10. What is Rodriguez' last entry in his diary?
(a) This is the end of the EL MARIACHI story.
(b) Who would have believed all that has happened?
(c) Tomorrow is another day.
(d) These are the kind of days you start a diary for in the first place
11. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
(a) Quentin Tarantino
(b) John Landis
(c) Stephen Spielberg
(d) Roger Corman
12. Why does Rodriguez travel all over the U.S.A.?
(a) to find some new locations
(b) to promote his book
(c) to look for stories to make into movies
(d) the movie is being released nationally
13. What do the festival organizers decide to do after EL MARIACHI becomes so popular?
(a) Invite Rodriguez back again next year.
(b) Take the movie out of the competition.
(c) They decide to add two more screenings.
(d) Get Rodrigues to hold a seminar.
14. Where does Rodriguez realize he was just one year ago on his 23rd birthday?
(a) in school at UT-Austin
(b) working two jobs to get money
(c) begging for a used camera
(d) locked up at Pharmaco
15. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
(a) Paramount tries to buy Rodriguez' contract.
(b) Very positive audience response in the test screening.
(c) Very good notices in the press.
(d) Demand for the movie to be made in English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
2. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
3. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
4. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
5. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)