|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) lack of vision
(b) too much technical training
(c) not much innovation
(d) the waste of money
2. After returning to Texas, which two Hollywood companies contact Rodriguez and want to fly him back to LA?
(a) Sean Penn and Bruce Willis
(b) Tri-Star and First Artists
(c) Warner Bros. and Paramount
(d) Disney and Columbia
3. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
(a) to shoot a full length film of Bedhead
(b) to buy his next film
(c) to hire him to write scripts
(d) to purchase and release the original El Mariachi
4. What special invitation is EL MARIACHI given?
(a) the Mexico City Film Festival
(b) the Venice Film Festival
(c) the Sundance Film Festival
(d) the National Arts Institute Festival
5. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
(a) releasing the movie nationally
(b) giving Rodriguez a larger office
(c) having Rodriguez direct a new movie
(d) scrapping the whole project
6. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
(a) Meet the Press and Oprah Winfrey
(b) Tonight and Phil Donahue
(c) Good Morning America and Today on NBC
(d) The Howard Stern Show and Late Night with David Letterman
7. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
(a) He is showing El Miriachi every Saturday at midnight.
(b) He is suing the Mexican film commission.
(c) He is ordering a print of El Mariachi.
(d) He is taking El Mariachi to the Berlin Film Festival.
8. What is Rodriguez eager to make?
(a) the kind of movies he could make with a real budget
(b) new friends in the movie industry
(c) as much money as possible
(d) low budget film where he does everything
9. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
(a) Austin, Texas
(b) Toronto, Canada
(c) El Paso, Texas
(d) Juarez, Mexico
10. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
(a) Gallardo will get paid for his work as a crew member.
(b) The town in Mexico will get a new jail.
(c) The Mariachi music composers will earn royalties
(d) The actors will be flown to Hollywood for the premier.
11. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
(a) to work on location in Mexico
(b) to reside in Texas
(c) to have his own airplane
(d) to live in Beverly Hills
12. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
(a) calls his agents
(b) lowers its final offer
(c) backs out on the deal
(d) raises the offer to $150,000.
13. After Telluride, where does Rodriguez take his film next?
(a) the Miami Film Festival
(b) the Sundance Film Festival
(c) the Toronto Film Festival
(d) the Los Angeles Film Festival
14. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
(a) Ticket prices will be lowered.
(b) The audience will answer questions about the movie.
(c) The audience response will be measured by applause.
(d) Statistics will be gathered about how many fall asleep.
15. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
(a) Stephen Spielberg
(b) Roger Corman
(c) Quentin Tarantino
(d) John Landis
Short Answer Questions
1. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
2. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
3. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
4. What does Rodriguez like to tell interviewers?
5. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)