|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what event is Rodriguez driving himself to finish editing El Mariachi?
(a) the official premier
(b) the Guinness Book of Records
(c) the general release of the film
(d) the Telluride Festival
2. What TV show films him for an entire day?
(a) Live with David Letterman
(c) 60 minutes
(d) Entertainment Tonight
3. What does ICM want to do with Rodriguez' diary?
(a) keep hit hidden from the press
(b) publish it as a book
(c) make it into a movie
(d) use it in his press releases
4. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
(a) overcome Columbia's refusal to view the movie
(b) get Rodriguez the best visitor packages in Hollywood
(c) get the best bid for El Mariachi from Europe
(d) sell what is technically a foreign movie to a major American film company
5. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
(a) The audience will answer questions about the movie.
(b) The audience response will be measured by applause.
(c) Statistics will be gathered about how many fall asleep.
(d) Ticket prices will be lowered.
6. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
(a) to have his own airplane
(b) to reside in Texas
(c) to work on location in Mexico
(d) to live in Beverly Hills
7. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
(a) so people will be impressed with his knowledge
(b) so his knees will stop shaking
(c) so people understand how he made the movie
(d) so the speech will be as short as possible
8. What does a critic say about EL MARIACHI?
(a) He has heard it is amateurish.
(b) He cannot wait to see it.
(c) He gets bored at festival screenings.
(d) He would rather be in Hawaii.
9. Why is Alfonso Arau in Toronto?
(a) checking out ideas for his new movie
(b) premiering his movie, Como Agua Para Chocolate
(c) being honored as a stary in EL MARIACHI
(d) introducing his wife to movie makers
10. Where does Rodriguez set the record straight in an interview?
(a) on Larry King Live
(b) on the Tonight Show
(c) in the LA Times
(d) for the Hollywood Reporter
11. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) not much innovation
(b) the waste of money
(c) lack of vision
(d) too much technical training
12. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
(a) that they are no longer in Mexico
(b) that this was not all a dream
(c) that they will make a sequel
(d) that they were right all along
13. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
(a) in the Hollywood Bowl
(b) in a producers' bargaining session with directors
(c) at a Directors' Guild of America meeting
(d) in an interview of young filmmakers
14. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
(a) They want to destroy the $7,000 original.
(b) They want unknowns to play the lead roles.
(c) They want to release the original too.
(d) They want to shoot it in 3-D.
15. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
(a) Very positive audience response in the test screening.
(b) Very good notices in the press.
(c) Paramount tries to buy Rodriguez' contract.
(d) Demand for the movie to be made in English.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
2. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
3. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
4. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
5. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)