|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
(a) He has to give a speech before the movie starts.
(b) A large photo of him is up in the lobby.
(c) He has to answer questions at the end.
(d) He has to reveal his secrets.
2. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
(a) for charity endorsements
(b) for contract negotiations
(c) for book deals
(d) for interviews and panels
3. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(b) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
(c) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
(d) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
4. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
(a) El Paso, Texas
(b) Toronto, Canada
(c) Juarez, Mexico
(d) Austin, Texas
5. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
(a) Liz Smith's article about his family life
(b) Roger Ebert's article about his movie
(c) Rex Reed's praise of his article
(d) Mr. Blackwell's approval of his suit
6. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
(a) meeting Antonio Banderas
(b) finishing the edit on El Mariachi
(c) starting pre-production on a new film
(d) at last receiving his final Columbia contract
7. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
(a) to shoot a full length film of Bedhead
(b) to purchase and release the original El Mariachi
(c) to buy his next film
(d) to hire him to write scripts
8. What nearly brings Rodriguez to a breakdown?
(a) Columbia nearly withdraws its offers.
(b) His lawyer tells him not to cash his first $13,000 paycheck.
(c) His remake will be directed by someone else.
(d) He is sued by Mex-American for breech of contract.
9. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
(a) from the professor at the university
(b) from a former colleague
(c) from Gallardo
(d) from Antonio Banderas
10. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
(a) getting a star for his next movie
(b) landing an agent and a Hollywood contract for El Mariachi
(c) making another award winning short film
(d) getting a free ticket to New York
11. Why does Rodriguez do the subtitling himself?
(a) It would add $15,000 to the cost of making the film
(b) Only he understands the real meaning of the words.
(c) It would take 6 months to complete.
(d) It would take 3 weeks and cost $3000.
12. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
(a) that they were right all along
(b) that this was not all a dream
(c) that they will make a sequel
(d) that they are no longer in Mexico
13. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
(a) the plans to film a sequel
(b) the national release of El Mariachi
(c) the mention of an Academy Award nomination
(d) the shelving of the entire project
14. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
(a) Good Morning America and Today on NBC
(b) Tonight and Phil Donahue
(c) The Howard Stern Show and Late Night with David Letterman
(d) Meet the Press and Oprah Winfrey
15. What does ICM want to do with Rodriguez' diary?
(a) make it into a movie
(b) keep hit hidden from the press
(c) use it in his press releases
(d) publish it as a book
Short Answer Questions
1. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
2. Who is the first celebrity Rodriguez meets on a movie set?
3. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
4. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
5. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)