|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
(a) from Antonio Banderas
(b) from Gallardo
(c) from a former colleague
(d) from the professor at the university
2. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
(a) to live in Beverly Hills
(b) to reside in Texas
(c) to have his own airplane
(d) to work on location in Mexico
3. What is Rodriguez eager to make?
(a) the kind of movies he could make with a real budget
(b) as much money as possible
(c) new friends in the movie industry
(d) low budget film where he does everything
4. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
(a) They are debating whether to buy the film.
(b) Counter offers are being made.
(c) Contracts are being negotiated for El Mariachi.
(d) They are refusing Rodriguez's demands.
5. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
(a) introductions to all his favorite stars
(b) tours of the back lots
(c) free movie passes
(d) limousines and luxury hotels
6. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
(a) the movie needs color correcting
(b) a distributor changes the scheduel
(c) the sound track is off
(d) some dialog is garbled
7. What new experience excites Rodriguez?
(a) fans asking for autographs
(b) flying first class
(c) having a secretary to take his calls
(d) being ask to speak to university classes
8. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
(b) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
(c) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(d) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
9. Why does the Grammy Awards show EL MARIACHI at its party?
(a) because the music is original
(b) because they can get it cheap
(c) because they want to draw in Spanish speakers
(d) because it is about a musician
10. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
(a) Jay Leno
(b) Quentin Tarantino
(c) Stephen Speilberg
(d) George Lucas
11. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
(a) Gallardo will get paid for his work as a crew member.
(b) The actors will be flown to Hollywood for the premier.
(c) The Mariachi music composers will earn royalties
(d) The town in Mexico will get a new jail.
12. After returning to Texas, which two Hollywood companies contact Rodriguez and want to fly him back to LA?
(a) Warner Bros. and Paramount
(b) Tri-Star and First Artists
(c) Sean Penn and Bruce Willis
(d) Disney and Columbia
13. What TV show films him for an entire day?
(a) Entertainment Tonight
(c) Live with David Letterman
(d) 60 minutes
14. Why is Rodriguez desperate for Columbia to pay him soon?
(a) He won't believe it until the check is in his hand.
(b) He owes money for his school loans.
(c) He is reluctant to take out a loan.
(d) He thinks it is all a dream.
15. Who is the first celebrity Rodriguez meets on a movie set?
(a) Arnold Schwarzenegger
(b) Pee Wee Herman
(c) Bruce Willis
(d) Angela Landsbury
Short Answer Questions
1. For what event is Rodriguez driving himself to finish editing El Mariachi?
2. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
3. What does Rodriguez tell NPR?
4. Why does Rodriguez not like to work with professional editors?
5. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)