|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
(a) for book deals
(b) for contract negotiations
(c) for charity endorsements
(d) for interviews and panels
2. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
(a) He has to reveal his secrets.
(b) He has to answer questions at the end.
(c) A large photo of him is up in the lobby.
(d) He has to give a speech before the movie starts.
3. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
(a) like a nightmare
(b) like a disaster
(c) like a whirlwind
(d) like a fairy tale
4. What do Rodriguez, Gallardo, and Peter see at the festival for the first time?
(a) the red carpet
(b) the ballots for audience members
(c) the brand new Mariachi poster
(d) the panel of judges
5. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
(a) to the Argentine film festival
(b) to Antonio Banderas
(c) to Spain
(d) to the Cannes Festival
6. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
(a) the premier of El Mariachi
(b) his photo on the cover of People magazine
(c) an interview for the LA Times
(d) a spot on Larry King Live
7. What new experience excites Rodriguez?
(a) being ask to speak to university classes
(b) having a secretary to take his calls
(c) fans asking for autographs
(d) flying first class
8. Why does the Grammy Awards show EL MARIACHI at its party?
(a) because it is about a musician
(b) because they can get it cheap
(c) because the music is original
(d) because they want to draw in Spanish speakers
9. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
(a) if it will be doubled when his wife joins him
(b) if he can keep what he doesn't spend
(c) if he has to give an expense report
(d) if it will come out of his royalties
10. Why does Rodriguez want to explain his process to the world?
(a) to teach a moral lesson
(b) to let people know anyone can make a movie
(c) to let people know what a genius he is
(d) to bring down the Hollywood moguls
11. In the meantime, what happens with the short film, Bedhead?
(a) It gets lost in the mail.
(b) It gets honorable mention at another film festival.
(c) It ties for first place at another festival.
(d) It gets shown on German TV.
12. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
(a) to shoot a full length film of Bedhead
(b) to purchase and release the original El Mariachi
(c) to buy his next film
(d) to hire him to write scripts
13. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
(a) meeting Antonio Banderas
(b) starting pre-production on a new film
(c) at last receiving his final Columbia contract
(d) finishing the edit on El Mariachi
14. What does John Watson, a producer, tell Rodriguez?
(a) He will never repeat what he did in EL MARIACHI.
(b) The popularity of the movie will work against him.
(c) He may just be a flash in the pan.
(d) The public will inevitably turn on him.
15. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
(a) Cheech Marin
(b) David Hasselhoff
(c) Julio Iglasias
(d) Erik Estrada
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
2. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
3. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
4. What nearly brings Rodriguez to a breakdown?
5. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)