|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
(a) Quentin Tarantino
(b) Stephen Speilberg
(c) Jay Leno
(d) George Lucas
2. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
(a) The town in Mexico will get a new jail.
(b) The Mariachi music composers will earn royalties
(c) The actors will be flown to Hollywood for the premier.
(d) Gallardo will get paid for his work as a crew member.
3. What does Rodriguez like to tell interviewers?
(a) to explain in technical terms how he could make the movie
(b) to keep his secrets of economical film making to himself
(c) to talk about other people's movies
(d) to brag about coming out of poverty
4. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
(a) like a disaster
(b) like a whirlwind
(c) like a fairy tale
(d) like a nightmare
5. What small luxury does Rodriguez enjoy when he's back in Texas.
(a) He drives a brand new car.
(b) He has time to plan his next movie.
(c) He does not have to go anywhere in the morning.
(d) He takes his wife out to expensive restaurants.
6. What new experience excites Rodriguez?
(a) fans asking for autographs
(b) having a secretary to take his calls
(c) flying first class
(d) being ask to speak to university classes
7. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
(a) that they were right all along
(b) that they will make a sequel
(c) that they are no longer in Mexico
(d) that this was not all a dream
8. What special invitation is EL MARIACHI given?
(a) the Mexico City Film Festival
(b) the Venice Film Festival
(c) the National Arts Institute Festival
(d) the Sundance Film Festival
9. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
(a) for contract negotiations
(b) for interviews and panels
(c) for book deals
(d) for charity endorsements
10. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
(a) working two jobs to make ends meet
(b) independently wealthy
11. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
(a) works as a bartender in Texas
(b) pawns his video camera
(c) drives a school bus
(d) sells his car
12. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
(a) if it will be doubled when his wife joins him
(b) if it will come out of his royalties
(c) if he has to give an expense report
(d) if he can keep what he doesn't spend
13. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
(a) people laughing in the wrong places
(b) getting sick and throwing up
(c) failure in front of witnesses
(d) movie critics in the audience
14. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
(a) Julio Iglasias
(b) Erik Estrada
(c) Cheech Marin
(d) David Hasselhoff
15. What does Rodriguez constantly have to explain?
(a) how he managed to keep the cost of production so low
(b) how he got into film making in the first place
(c) why he turned down so many offers before
(d) why his film became so popular
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
2. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
3. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
4. What does Rodriguez tell NPR?
5. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)