|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
(a) Paramount tries to buy Rodriguez' contract.
(b) Demand for the movie to be made in English.
(c) Very good notices in the press.
(d) Very positive audience response in the test screening.
2. What does ICM want to do with Rodriguez' diary?
(a) make it into a movie
(b) publish it as a book
(c) keep hit hidden from the press
(d) use it in his press releases
3. What are the Columbia people considering after the reception of EL MARIACHI at the film festival?
(a) scrapping the whole project
(b) releasing the movie nationally
(c) giving Rodriguez a larger office
(d) having Rodriguez direct a new movie
4. What nearly brings Rodriguez to a breakdown?
(a) He is sued by Mex-American for breech of contract.
(b) His remake will be directed by someone else.
(c) His lawyer tells him not to cash his first $13,000 paycheck.
(d) Columbia nearly withdraws its offers.
5. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
(a) They want to pass him on to another agent.
(b) They want to stop answering his calls.
(c) They immediately want to become Rodriguez' agents.
(d) They want to criticize his film.
6. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
(a) the plans to film a sequel
(b) the national release of El Mariachi
(c) the shelving of the entire project
(d) the mention of an Academy Award nomination
7. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
(a) to reside in Texas
(b) to work on location in Mexico
(c) to live in Beverly Hills
(d) to have his own airplane
8. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
(a) what a pest he makes of himself
(b) how unmarketable his film is
(c) his unusual filmmaking and his talent
(d) how grainy his film is
9. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
(a) Rodriguez must hurry and make a deal.
(b) The movie moguls will flip coins for the rights.
(c) El Mariachi will be screened by a selected audience.
(d) Public reaction at a private screening will decide.
10. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
(b) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
(c) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(d) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
11. After Telluride, where does Rodriguez take his film next?
(a) the Miami Film Festival
(b) the Toronto Film Festival
(c) the Los Angeles Film Festival
(d) the Sundance Film Festival
12. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
(a) if it will be doubled when his wife joins him
(b) if it will come out of his royalties
(c) if he can keep what he doesn't spend
(d) if he has to give an expense report
13. Why does Rodriguez do the subtitling himself?
(a) It would add $15,000 to the cost of making the film
(b) Only he understands the real meaning of the words.
(c) It would take 6 months to complete.
(d) It would take 3 weeks and cost $3000.
14. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
(a) like a whirlwind
(b) like a fairy tale
(c) like a nightmare
(d) like a disaster
15. Who is the first celebrity Rodriguez meets on a movie set?
(a) Pee Wee Herman
(b) Arnold Schwarzenegger
(c) Bruce Willis
(d) Angela Landsbury
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
2. What small luxury does Rodriguez enjoy when he's back in Texas.
3. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
4. What do the festival organizers decide to do after EL MARIACHI becomes so popular?
5. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)