|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
(a) to the Argentine film festival
(b) to the Cannes Festival
(c) to Spain
(d) to Antonio Banderas
2. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
(a) that they are no longer in Mexico
(b) that they were right all along
(c) that they will make a sequel
(d) that this was not all a dream
3. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
(a) All of them are interested.
(b) He cannot get in the door.
(c) None of them like it.
(d) He needs to remake the film for them.
4. After Telluride, where does Rodriguez take his film next?
(a) the Miami Film Festival
(b) the Sundance Film Festival
(c) the Los Angeles Film Festival
(d) the Toronto Film Festival
5. Why does Rodriguez travel all over the U.S.A.?
(a) to look for stories to make into movies
(b) to promote his book
(c) to find some new locations
(d) the movie is being released nationally
6. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
(a) It bombs
(b) very well
(c) so so
(d) It is cancelled
7. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
(a) if it will come out of his royalties
(b) if he can keep what he doesn't spend
(c) if he has to give an expense report
(d) if it will be doubled when his wife joins him
8. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
(a) a spot on Larry King Live
(b) an interview for the LA Times
(c) the premier of El Mariachi
(d) his photo on the cover of People magazine
9. Who is the first celebrity Rodriguez meets on a movie set?
(a) Pee Wee Herman
(b) Arnold Schwarzenegger
(c) Angela Landsbury
(d) Bruce Willis
10. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
(a) people laughing in the wrong places
(b) movie critics in the audience
(c) getting sick and throwing up
(d) failure in front of witnesses
11. What does EL MARIACHI win at Sundance?
(a) the Audience Award prize
(b) the Jury Award
(c) the Golden Globe
(d) the Governor's Award
12. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
13. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
(a) like a nightmare
(b) like a disaster
(c) like a whirlwind
(d) like a fairy tale
14. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
(a) so people will be impressed with his knowledge
(b) so people understand how he made the movie
(c) so his knees will stop shaking
(d) so the speech will be as short as possible
15. What does Rodriguez have in addition to his large office at Columbia?
(a) an office on Rodeo Drive
(b) a house in Burbank, CA
(c) a corporation based in Texas called Los Hooligans Productions, Inc
(d) use of a private jet
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
2. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
3. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
4. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
5. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)