|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Rodriguez solicited after his speech at Sundance?
(a) for charity endorsements
(b) for interviews and panels
(c) for book deals
(d) for contract negotiations
2. What do Rodriguez, Gallardo, and Peter see at the festival for the first time?
(a) the panel of judges
(b) the brand new Mariachi poster
(c) the red carpet
(d) the ballots for audience members
3. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) too much technical training
(b) the waste of money
(c) lack of vision
(d) not much innovation
4. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
(a) to Spain
(b) to the Argentine film festival
(c) to the Cannes Festival
(d) to Antonio Banderas
5. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
(a) from a former colleague
(b) from Gallardo
(c) from Antonio Banderas
(d) from the professor at the university
6. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
(a) They are both actors in El Mariachi.
(b) They need a vacation.
(c) They are getting paid to attend.
(d) They are jealous of Rodriguez's popularity.
7. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
(a) the production values of the film
(b) the unusual plot of the movie
(c) Rodriguez's brashness
(d) the story of the making of El Mariachi
8. Who greets Rodriguez and Gallardo when they arrive at the Grammy party?
(a) Miss Universe
(b) Rita Moreno
(c) the cast of Fame
(d) an army of photographers
9. What small luxury does Rodriguez enjoy when he's back in Texas.
(a) He drives a brand new car.
(b) He takes his wife out to expensive restaurants.
(c) He does not have to go anywhere in the morning.
(d) He has time to plan his next movie.
10. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
(a) Liz Smith's article about his family life
(b) Mr. Blackwell's approval of his suit
(c) Rex Reed's praise of his article
(d) Roger Ebert's article about his movie
11. What does ICM want to do with Rodriguez' diary?
(a) make it into a movie
(b) use it in his press releases
(c) publish it as a book
(d) keep hit hidden from the press
12. Why does the Grammy Awards show EL MARIACHI at its party?
(a) because they can get it cheap
(b) because the music is original
(c) because it is about a musician
(d) because they want to draw in Spanish speakers
13. What new experience excites Rodriguez?
(a) fans asking for autographs
(b) having a secretary to take his calls
(c) being ask to speak to university classes
(d) flying first class
14. What do the festival organizers decide to do after EL MARIACHI becomes so popular?
(a) They decide to add two more screenings.
(b) Get Rodrigues to hold a seminar.
(c) Invite Rodriguez back again next year.
(d) Take the movie out of the competition.
15. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
(a) so people understand how he made the movie
(b) so his knees will stop shaking
(c) so people will be impressed with his knowledge
(d) so the speech will be as short as possible
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez meet Tarantino again?
2. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
3. Why is Alfonso Arau in Toronto?
4. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
5. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)