|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
(a) Tonight and Phil Donahue
(b) Good Morning America and Today on NBC
(c) The Howard Stern Show and Late Night with David Letterman
(d) Meet the Press and Oprah Winfrey
2. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
(a) in the Columbia commissary
(b) at a movie premiere
(c) at the Golden Globe Awards
(d) shopping on Rodeo Drive
3. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
(a) He has to answer questions at the end.
(b) He has to give a speech before the movie starts.
(c) A large photo of him is up in the lobby.
(d) He has to reveal his secrets.
4. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
(a) that they will make a sequel
(b) that this was not all a dream
(c) that they were right all along
(d) that they are no longer in Mexico
5. What is Rodriguez' last entry in his diary?
(a) Who would have believed all that has happened?
(b) These are the kind of days you start a diary for in the first place
(c) This is the end of the EL MARIACHI story.
(d) Tomorrow is another day.
6. What do the festival organizers decide to do after EL MARIACHI becomes so popular?
(a) Invite Rodriguez back again next year.
(b) Take the movie out of the competition.
(c) Get Rodrigues to hold a seminar.
(d) They decide to add two more screenings.
7. What is Rodriguez eager to make?
(a) as much money as possible
(b) the kind of movies he could make with a real budget
(c) low budget film where he does everything
(d) new friends in the movie industry
8. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
(a) his photo on the cover of People magazine
(b) a spot on Larry King Live
(c) an interview for the LA Times
(d) the premier of El Mariachi
9. Why is Rodriguez desperate for Columbia to pay him soon?
(a) He is reluctant to take out a loan.
(b) He won't believe it until the check is in his hand.
(c) He thinks it is all a dream.
(d) He owes money for his school loans.
10. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
(a) They are jealous of Rodriguez's popularity.
(b) They are both actors in El Mariachi.
(c) They need a vacation.
(d) They are getting paid to attend.
11. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
(a) Rodriguez's brashness
(b) the unusual plot of the movie
(c) the production values of the film
(d) the story of the making of El Mariachi
12. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
(a) Stephen Speilberg
(b) Jay Leno
(c) Quentin Tarantino
(d) George Lucas
13. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
(a) calls his agents
(b) backs out on the deal
(c) raises the offer to $150,000.
(d) lowers its final offer
14. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
(a) a distributor changes the scheduel
(b) some dialog is garbled
(c) the sound track is off
(d) the movie needs color correcting
15. What does Rodriguez have in addition to his large office at Columbia?
(a) use of a private jet
(b) a corporation based in Texas called Los Hooligans Productions, Inc
(c) a house in Burbank, CA
(d) an office on Rodeo Drive
Short Answer Questions
1. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
2. Where does Rodriguez set the record straight in an interview?
3. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
4. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
5. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)