|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
(a) buying new video equipment
(b) fixing up his father's house
(c) a sports car
(d) his brother's education
2. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
(a) a spot on Larry King Live
(b) the premier of El Mariachi
(c) his photo on the cover of People magazine
(d) an interview for the LA Times
3. Why is Rodriguez desperate for Columbia to pay him soon?
(a) He won't believe it until the check is in his hand.
(b) He is reluctant to take out a loan.
(c) He owes money for his school loans.
(d) He thinks it is all a dream.
4. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
(a) It bombs
(b) so so
(c) very well
(d) It is cancelled
5. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
(a) getting a star for his next movie
(b) landing an agent and a Hollywood contract for El Mariachi
(c) making another award winning short film
(d) getting a free ticket to New York
6. Where is Rodriguez invited to show his movie?
(a) at a major cinema
(b) at two film festivals
(c) in a private screening room
(d) in Mexico
7. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
(a) tours of the back lots
(b) free movie passes
(c) limousines and luxury hotels
(d) introductions to all his favorite stars
8. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
(a) his ethnic background
(b) playing mind games with Rodriguez
(d) perhaps his media overexposure
9. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
(b) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(c) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
(d) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
10. What do Rodriguez, Gallardo, and Peter see at the festival for the first time?
(a) the red carpet
(b) the brand new Mariachi poster
(c) the panel of judges
(d) the ballots for audience members
11. After returning to Texas, which two Hollywood companies contact Rodriguez and want to fly him back to LA?
(a) Sean Penn and Bruce Willis
(b) Disney and Columbia
(c) Warner Bros. and Paramount
(d) Tri-Star and First Artists
12. Who greets Rodriguez and Gallardo when they arrive at the Grammy party?
(a) an army of photographers
(b) Miss Universe
(c) the cast of Fame
(d) Rita Moreno
13. Who is the first celebrity Rodriguez meets on a movie set?
(a) Pee Wee Herman
(b) Bruce Willis
(c) Angela Landsbury
(d) Arnold Schwarzenegger
14. What new experience excites Rodriguez?
(a) flying first class
(b) being ask to speak to university classes
(c) having a secretary to take his calls
(d) fans asking for autographs
15. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
(a) Contracts are being negotiated for El Mariachi.
(b) They are debating whether to buy the film.
(c) Counter offers are being made.
(d) They are refusing Rodriguez's demands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
2. Why is Alfonso Arau in Toronto?
3. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
4. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
5. Why does Rodriguez want to explain his process to the world?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)