|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fear of Rodriquez' returns before the screening of his film?
(a) people laughing in the wrong places
(b) movie critics in the audience
(c) getting sick and throwing up
(d) failure in front of witnesses
2. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
(a) very well
(b) It bombs
(c) so so
(d) It is cancelled
3. Why does Rodriguez travel all over the U.S.A.?
(a) to find some new locations
(b) to promote his book
(c) to look for stories to make into movies
(d) the movie is being released nationally
4. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
(a) at the Golden Globe Awards
(b) at a movie premiere
(c) in the Columbia commissary
(d) shopping on Rodeo Drive
5. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
(a) The audience will answer questions about the movie.
(b) Statistics will be gathered about how many fall asleep.
(c) Ticket prices will be lowered.
(d) The audience response will be measured by applause.
6. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
(a) like a disaster
(b) like a whirlwind
(c) like a nightmare
(d) like a fairy tale
7. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
(a) a distributor changes the scheduel
(b) some dialog is garbled
(c) the sound track is off
(d) the movie needs color correcting
8. What do Rodriguez, Gallardo, and Peter see at the festival for the first time?
(a) the red carpet
(b) the ballots for audience members
(c) the panel of judges
(d) the brand new Mariachi poster
9. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
(a) calls his agents
(b) raises the offer to $150,000.
(c) backs out on the deal
(d) lowers its final offer
10. Where does Rodriguez set the record straight in an interview?
(a) on Larry King Live
(b) on the Tonight Show
(c) for the Hollywood Reporter
(d) in the LA Times
11. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
(a) seeking personal glory
(c) getting the big head
(d) lying about the cost of the movie
12. What does Rodriguez like to tell interviewers?
(a) to explain in technical terms how he could make the movie
(b) to brag about coming out of poverty
(c) to keep his secrets of economical film making to himself
(d) to talk about other people's movies
13. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
(a) Juarez, Mexico
(b) Austin, Texas
(c) Toronto, Canada
(d) El Paso, Texas
14. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
(a) Roger Corman
(b) John Landis
(c) Stephen Spielberg
(d) Quentin Tarantino
15. Who is the first celebrity Rodriguez meets on a movie set?
(a) Pee Wee Herman
(b) Arnold Schwarzenegger
(c) Angela Landsbury
(d) Bruce Willis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Watson, a producer, tell Rodriguez?
2. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
3. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
4. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
5. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)