|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez constantly have to explain?
(a) why his film became so popular
(b) why he turned down so many offers before
(c) how he got into film making in the first place
(d) how he managed to keep the cost of production so low
2. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
(b) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(c) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
(d) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
3. What actor does Rodriguez meet who wants to be in his next film?
(a) Julio Iglasias
(b) David Hasselhoff
(c) Erik Estrada
(d) Cheech Marin
4. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
(a) so so
(b) It bombs
(c) It is cancelled
(d) very well
5. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
(a) They need a vacation.
(b) They are getting paid to attend.
(c) They are both actors in El Mariachi.
(d) They are jealous of Rodriguez's popularity.
6. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
(a) that he hates Hollywood
(b) that he was just lucky
(c) that he is a fraud
(d) that he hates film editing
7. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
(a) Stephen Spielberg
(b) Roger Corman
(c) Quentin Tarantino
(d) John Landis
8. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
(a) They want to stop answering his calls.
(b) They immediately want to become Rodriguez' agents.
(c) They want to criticize his film.
(d) They want to pass him on to another agent.
9. Why is Rodriguez desperate for Columbia to pay him soon?
(a) He owes money for his school loans.
(b) He is reluctant to take out a loan.
(c) He thinks it is all a dream.
(d) He won't believe it until the check is in his hand.
10. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
(a) like a fairy tale
(b) like a whirlwind
(c) like a nightmare
(d) like a disaster
11. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
(a) the story of the making of El Mariachi
(b) Rodriguez's brashness
(c) the unusual plot of the movie
(d) the production values of the film
12. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
13. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
(a) Quentin Tarantino
(b) George Lucas
(c) Stephen Speilberg
(d) Jay Leno
14. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
(a) Public reaction at a private screening will decide.
(b) The movie moguls will flip coins for the rights.
(c) Rodriguez must hurry and make a deal.
(d) El Mariachi will be screened by a selected audience.
15. Why does Rodriguez travel all over the U.S.A.?
(a) the movie is being released nationally
(b) to promote his book
(c) to look for stories to make into movies
(d) to find some new locations
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
2. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
3. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
4. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
5. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)