|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some skeptics accuse Rodriguez of?
(a) lying about the cost of the movie
(b) getting the big head
(d) seeking personal glory
2. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
(a) from the professor at the university
(b) from a former colleague
(c) from Antonio Banderas
(d) from Gallardo
3. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
(a) how unmarketable his film is
(b) how grainy his film is
(c) his unusual filmmaking and his talent
(d) what a pest he makes of himself
4. What has created so much interest in the movie in Hollywood?
(a) the story of the making of El Mariachi
(b) Rodriguez's brashness
(c) the unusual plot of the movie
(d) the production values of the film
5. What does EL MARIACHI win at Sundance?
(a) the Golden Globe
(b) the Jury Award
(c) the Governor's Award
(d) the Audience Award prize
6. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
(a) the premier of El Mariachi
(b) a spot on Larry King Live
(c) his photo on the cover of People magazine
(d) an interview for the LA Times
7. In the meantime, what happens with the short film, Bedhead?
(a) It gets lost in the mail.
(b) It gets shown on German TV.
(c) It ties for first place at another festival.
(d) It gets honorable mention at another film festival.
8. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
(a) Paramount tries to buy Rodriguez' contract.
(b) Very positive audience response in the test screening.
(c) Demand for the movie to be made in English.
(d) Very good notices in the press.
9. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
10. What is Rodriguez' last entry in his diary?
(a) These are the kind of days you start a diary for in the first place
(b) Tomorrow is another day.
(c) Who would have believed all that has happened?
(d) This is the end of the EL MARIACHI story.
11. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
(a) He is ordering a print of El Mariachi.
(b) He is suing the Mexican film commission.
(c) He is showing El Miriachi every Saturday at midnight.
(d) He is taking El Mariachi to the Berlin Film Festival.
12. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
(a) working two jobs to make ends meet
(c) independently wealthy
13. Why are Peter and Gallardo at the Sundance festival with Rodriguez?
(a) They are jealous of Rodriguez's popularity.
(b) They are both actors in El Mariachi.
(c) They are getting paid to attend.
(d) They need a vacation.
14. After Telluride, where does Rodriguez take his film next?
(a) the Los Angeles Film Festival
(b) the Toronto Film Festival
(c) the Miami Film Festival
(d) the Sundance Film Festival
15. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
(b) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
(c) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(d) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez' life seem like after making it in Hollywood?
2. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
3. What do Rodriguez, Gallardo, and Peter see at the festival for the first time?
4. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
5. For what event is Rodriguez driving himself to finish editing El Mariachi?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)