|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
(a) They want to stop answering his calls.
(b) They want to criticize his film.
(c) They immediately want to become Rodriguez' agents.
(d) They want to pass him on to another agent.
2. What do the festival organizers decide to do after EL MARIACHI becomes so popular?
(a) They decide to add two more screenings.
(b) Take the movie out of the competition.
(c) Get Rodrigues to hold a seminar.
(d) Invite Rodriguez back again next year.
3. Who greets Rodriguez and Gallardo when they arrive at the Grammy party?
(a) the cast of Fame
(b) Rita Moreno
(c) Miss Universe
(d) an army of photographers
4. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
(a) Toronto, Canada
(b) El Paso, Texas
(c) Austin, Texas
(d) Juarez, Mexico
5. What does EL MARIACHI win at Sundance?
(a) the Audience Award prize
(b) the Jury Award
(c) the Governor's Award
(d) the Golden Globe
6. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
(a) if he has to give an expense report
(b) if it will be doubled when his wife joins him
(c) if it will come out of his royalties
(d) if he can keep what he doesn't spend
7. Who goes with Rodriguez to Toronto?
8. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
(a) shopping on Rodeo Drive
(b) at a movie premiere
(c) at the Golden Globe Awards
(d) in the Columbia commissary
9. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
(a) calls his agents
(b) backs out on the deal
(c) raises the offer to $150,000.
(d) lowers its final offer
10. How does EL MARIACHI do at the Sundance Festival?
(a) so so
(b) It is cancelled
(c) very well
(d) It bombs
11. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
(a) Ticket prices will be lowered.
(b) Statistics will be gathered about how many fall asleep.
(c) The audience response will be measured by applause.
(d) The audience will answer questions about the movie.
12. What is Rodriguez' last entry in his diary?
(a) These are the kind of days you start a diary for in the first place
(b) This is the end of the EL MARIACHI story.
(c) Who would have believed all that has happened?
(d) Tomorrow is another day.
13. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
(a) to shoot a full length film of Bedhead
(b) to purchase and release the original El Mariachi
(c) to hire him to write scripts
(d) to buy his next film
14. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
(a) the sound track is off
(b) a distributor changes the scheduel
(c) some dialog is garbled
(d) the movie needs color correcting
15. Why does Rodriguez travel all over the U.S.A.?
(a) to look for stories to make into movies
(b) to promote his book
(c) the movie is being released nationally
(d) to find some new locations
Short Answer Questions
1. What talk shows is Rodriguez on as a guest?
2. Why does Rodriguez want to explain his process to the world?
3. Making his speech, why does Rodriguez try to be as precise and technical as possible?
4. What possibly could cause people to warn Rodriguez about the public?
5. What does the movie poster prove to Rodriguez, Peter, and Gallardo?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)