|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
(a) his first day of shooting The Mariachi
(b) the day he wins another film contest
(c) the day he leaves the Pharmaco study
(d) his 23rd birthday
2. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as simplification
(b) as improvisation
(c) as the hardest part
(d) as education
3. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) rent Spanish action videos
(b) read books about Spanish film making
(c) got to movie sets in Mexico
(d) conduct a survey of movie goers
4. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
(a) books on film making
(b) The Last of the Mohicans
(c) a John Grisham novel
(d) the same Stephen King book
5. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
(a) an offer to go to Hollywood
(b) $700 that he will use in El Mariachi
(c) a school scholarship
(d) a new 16mm movie camera
6. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(b) The Mariachi
(d) The Last Carnival
7. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
(a) to make the costumes
(b) to find locations
(c) to hold the camera
(d) to compose music for the movie
8. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
(a) the demo he left does not work properly
(b) they need him to pick up his demo
(c) he has to transalte the Spanish language
(d) he has to deliver some headshots
9. Doing the Pharmaco study, what does Rodriguez call himself?
(a) a starving artist
(b) a vampire bat
(c) a pin cushion
(d) a human lab rat
10. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
(a) his hours watching old movies on TV
(b) his mother's love of the movies
(c) his father's job in a movie theater
(d) the inspiration of an English teacher
11. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
(a) $1,000 plus a percentage of the gorss
12. Why does Rodriguez return to see Gallardo in Mexico?
(a) He needs a breat from editing.
(b) He needs Gallardo's moral support.
(c) He needs more money.
(d) He needs to re-record some of his lines.
13. Why does the boring work of editing the film begin to get Rodriguez down?
(a) He fears he is not up to the task.
(b) He sees too many defects in the film.
(c) He needs help but has no money left.
(d) He only likes to work on things he enjoys.
14. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
(a) by accident
(b) at the film school
(c) through advertisements
(d) through an agency
15. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
(a) el estupido productions
(b) el cheapo productions
(c) la luna productions
(d) los locos productions
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
2. What are the weapons used in the film?
3. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
4. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
5. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)