|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
2. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) conduct a survey of movie goers
(b) rent Spanish action videos
(c) read books about Spanish film making
(d) got to movie sets in Mexico
3. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
(a) that his award-winning short films were done by him alone
(b) that his short films are creative but rough
(c) that his work shows signs of genius
(d) that he has never won a short film award
4. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
(a) It is about to be closed.
(b) It is moving to another city.
(c) It is going public.
(d) It is being sold to new owners.
5. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
(a) learning how to do makeshift lighting
(b) learning how to handle all the postproduction details
(c) learning how to raise money
(d) learning how to operate a camera
6. How does Rodriguez refer to Gallardo to the media who want to interview him?
(a) as the one who does all the talking
(b) as the one who wants to be famous
(c) as the one who has all the ideas
(d) as the one who is financing the movie
7. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
(a) He accidentally erases all his work.
(b) He has a reaction to the Pharmaco experiment.
(c) His back goes out
(d) He starts losing his vision.
8. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
(a) fast and effective
(b) cheap and amateurish
(c) quick and quirky
(d) simple and plotless
9. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
(a) good advice from his university professor
(b) a grant for having his movie edited
(c) access to modern editing equipment at the university
(d) access to old equipment at the cable station
10. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
(a) A contract will come from New York.
(b) He can raise more money and go back again.
(c) It will come through and he will do everything by mail.
(d) Something good will come from his failure.
11. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) Her agent demands too much money.
(b) They never get in to see her.
(c) She agrees and then backs out.
(d) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
12. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
(a) $1,000 plus a percentage of the gorss
13. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
(a) El Mariachi
(b) Los Hooligans
(d) El Lobo
14. How is the story of the book told?
(a) first person diary form
(b) third person interview form
(c) first person dream sequences
(d) third person chronological form
15. Who is Robert Newman?
(a) a financier
(b) a studio head
(c) a studio hiring agent
(d) an ICM agent
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it necessary to improvise?
2. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
3. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
4. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
5. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)