|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
(a) access to the equipment he needed
(b) more time to make his films
(c) connections to Hollywood
(d) good critiques of his methods
2. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
(a) Ricky Ricardo
(c) Ricardo Montalban
(d) Lina Santos
3. Why does Newman call Rodriguez?
(a) to say he cannot use EL MARIACHI
(b) to ask for any other demos Rodriguez has
(c) to get his phone number in Texas
(d) to tell him he loves the trailer and that he wants to work with him
4. How does Rodriguez plan to finish the project early?
(a) by working day and night
(b) by shooting several scenes each day
(c) by cutting out part of the script
(d) by filming in fast motion
5. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
(a) Los Hooligans
(b) El Lobo
(c) El Mariachi
6. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
(a) a turtle walking to town with the Mariachi
(b) Azul and his jacket
(c) a chase scene between the villians and the Mariachi.
(d) the Mariachi drinking from a coconut
7. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
(a) on the entertainment page of the Express News
(b) on the post office wall
(c) on the film school wall
(d) on the cover of Texas Times
8. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
(a) by accident
(b) at the film school
(c) through an agency
(d) through advertisements
9. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
(a) read the owner's manual
(b) hire a good cameraman
(c) take a crash course
(d) improvise and learn the hard way
10. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
(a) a fine deducted from the pay
(b) extension of time in the study
(c) legal action
(d) expulsion from the program
11. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
(a) access to modern editing equipment at the university
(b) good advice from his university professor
(c) a grant for having his movie edited
(d) access to old equipment at the cable station
12. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) conduct a survey of movie goers
(b) got to movie sets in Mexico
(c) read books about Spanish film making
(d) rent Spanish action videos
13. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
(a) playing his guitar
(b) watching reruns on TV
(c) watching the other lab rats
(d) talking to the nurses
14. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to plan only short scenes for the film
(b) to work only in the early morning
(c) to write with one camera angle in mind
(d) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
15. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
(a) it takes at least $30,000 to make a movie
(b) being creative is all you need to succeed
(c) being creative and technical is better
(d) always hire someone to do the technical jobs
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
2. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
3. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
4. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
5. Who is Peter Marquardt?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)