|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
(a) his hours watching old movies on TV
(b) his mother's love of the movies
(c) his father's job in a movie theater
(d) the inspiration of an English teacher
2. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
(a) access to old equipment at the cable station
(b) access to modern editing equipment at the university
(c) good advice from his university professor
(d) a grant for having his movie edited
3. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
(a) quick and quirky
(b) simple and plotless
(c) fast and effective
(d) cheap and amateurish
4. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
(a) take out ads in the LA Times
(b) have free showings of El Mariachi
(c) go door-to-door to sell El Mariachi
(d) get on TV and push their product
5. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
(a) add titles to his films
(b) make two movies at one time
(c) edit his films
(d) shoot from multiple camera angles
6. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
(a) he has to transalte the Spanish language
(b) the demo he left does not work properly
(c) they need him to pick up his demo
(d) he has to deliver some headshots
7. What does El Mariachi receive on airing its trailer on public access TV?
(a) inquiries about where the film was made
(b) an offer to finance the film
(c) positive responses from viewers
(d) negative reviews by critics
8. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
(a) It is going public.
(b) It is being sold to new owners.
(c) It is moving to another city.
(d) It is about to be closed.
9. How does Rodriguez refer to Gallardo to the media who want to interview him?
(a) as the one who does all the talking
(b) as the one who is financing the movie
(c) as the one who has all the ideas
(d) as the one who wants to be famous
10. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(b) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(c) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(d) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
11. What does the budget for transferring the film to video come in at?
(a) only $100
(b) half of the original budget
(c) $500 less than the original budget
(d) twice what Rodriguez had estimated
12. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of time
(b) the lack of actors
(c) the lack of experience
(d) the lack of funds
13. What is ICM?
(a) a major talent agency
(b) a small fim producing copany
(c) a distribution company
(d) International Cinema Marketing
14. Who is Robert Newman?
(a) an ICM agent
(b) a financier
(c) a studio hiring agent
(d) a studio head
15. How does Rodriguez plan to finish the project early?
(a) by shooting several scenes each day
(b) by filming in fast motion
(c) by working day and night
(d) by cutting out part of the script
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
2. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
3. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
4. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
5. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)