|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does a Spanish action movie production company make to Rodriguez and Gallardo?
(a) to go on the company's payroll as directors
(b) to send them to a Mexican film school
(c) to make a Spanish video action movie for him for $30,000
(d) to buy all their short films
2. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
(a) views of all the film show awards Rodriguez has won
(b) the rough cut version of EL MARIACHI
(c) BEDHEAD and the trailer of EL MARIACHI
(d) reviews from major critics
3. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as the hardest part
(b) as improvisation
(c) as education
(d) as simplification
4. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
(a) those with Reinol Martinez, the man who plays Azul
(b) the musical scenes
(c) the gunfight scenes in the jail
(d) the swimming pool scenes
5. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
(a) his soft focus style
(b) his film noir style
(c) his cropping style
(d) his shooting and editing style
6. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
(a) legal action
(b) extension of time in the study
(c) a fine deducted from the pay
(d) expulsion from the program
7. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
(a) a chance to meet the stars
(b) a big neame star
(c) an attractive trailer
(d) a higher percentage of the gross profits
8. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
(a) a short stint in the military
(b) a drug study conducted by Pharmaco
(c) a dance team performing in Mexico
(d) a sleep deprivation study
9. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
(a) $1,000 plus a percentage of the gorss
10. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) traveling back and forth to Mexico
(b) staying up late every night editing
(c) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
(d) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
11. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
12. What are the weapons used in the film?
(a) army surplus guns
(b) real guns borrowed from the police
(c) plastic toy store guns
(d) guns rented from a pawnshop
13. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
(a) good advice from his university professor
(b) access to old equipment at the cable station
(c) a grant for having his movie edited
(d) access to modern editing equipment at the university
14. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
(c) his siblings
(d) homeless people
15. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
(a) goes on Jay Leno Show
(b) takes an ad out in Variety
(c) walks into the office of the president of Warner Bros.
(d) sends his tape to ICM
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
2. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
3. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
4. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
5. What does Rodriguez decide to do before doing a full edit of the film?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)