|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of funds
(b) the lack of time
(c) the lack of actors
(d) the lack of experience
2. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
(a) his hours watching old movies on TV
(b) his father's job in a movie theater
(c) his mother's love of the movies
(d) the inspiration of an English teacher
3. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as the hardest part
(b) as simplification
(c) as improvisation
(d) as education
4. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
(a) a John Grisham novel
(b) The Last of the Mohicans
(c) the same Stephen King book
(d) books on film making
5. Who is Robert Newman?
(a) a financier
(b) a studio head
(c) a studio hiring agent
(d) an ICM agent
6. What is ICM?
(a) a small fim producing copany
(b) a distribution company
(c) International Cinema Marketing
(d) a major talent agency
7. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
(a) a new 16mm movie camera
(b) an offer to go to Hollywood
(c) $700 that he will use in El Mariachi
(d) a school scholarship
8. What does the budget for transferring the film to video come in at?
(a) $500 less than the original budget
(b) only $100
(c) twice what Rodriguez had estimated
(d) half of the original budget
9. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
(a) hire a good cameraman
(b) read the owner's manual
(c) improvise and learn the hard way
(d) take a crash course
10. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(b) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(c) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
(d) He does not have money to feed anyone.
11. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a family of sleepy siblings
(b) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
(c) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
(d) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
12. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
(b) She agrees and then backs out.
(c) They never get in to see her.
(d) Her agent demands too much money.
13. How does Rodriguez plan to finish the project early?
(a) by shooting several scenes each day
(b) by working day and night
(c) by cutting out part of the script
(d) by filming in fast motion
14. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
(c) Million Dollar Video
15. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
(a) an inexperienced actress to play the role of Domino
(b) the caterer for the movie
(c) a film editor to work on the movie
(d) a seamstress who makes cheap costumes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
2. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
3. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
4. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
5. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)