|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
(a) his siblings
(c) homeless people
2. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
(a) It will come through and he will do everything by mail.
(b) He can raise more money and go back again.
(c) Something good will come from his failure.
(d) A contract will come from New York.
3. What is ICM?
(a) a distribution company
(b) a small fim producing copany
(c) International Cinema Marketing
(d) a major talent agency
4. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
(a) by accident
(b) at the film school
(c) through advertisements
(d) through an agency
5. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
(a) the demo he left does not work properly
(b) he has to transalte the Spanish language
(c) he has to deliver some headshots
(d) they need him to pick up his demo
6. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a family of sleepy siblings
(b) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
(c) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
(d) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
7. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(b) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(c) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(d) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
8. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) editing the script and doing the titles
(b) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
(c) composing the music and doing the sound effects
(d) carrying equipment and setting up lights
9. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(b) The Last Carnival
(c) The Mariachi
10. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
(a) talking to the nurses
(b) watching the other lab rats
(c) watching reruns on TV
(d) playing his guitar
11. Who is Robert Newman?
(a) an ICM agent
(b) a studio hiring agent
(c) a financier
(d) a studio head
12. What do they use for a dolly to move the camera in some scenes?
(a) Rodriguez sitting in a wheel chair.
(b) Rodriguez on a skateboard.
(c) Rodrigues wearing roller blades.
(d) Rodrigues riding on a tricycle.
13. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
(a) the isolation from his family
(b) the side effects caused by medical experiments
(c) the time he will lose
(d) the fear of failing the physical
14. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to work only in the early morning
(b) to plan only short scenes for the film
(c) to write with one camera angle in mind
(d) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
15. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
(a) El Lobo
(b) El Mariachi
(c) Los Hooligans
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
2. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
3. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
4. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
5. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)