|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
(b) well made
(d) serious competition
2. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
(a) on the post office wall
(b) on the entertainment page of the Express News
(c) on the cover of Texas Times
(d) on the film school wall
3. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) traveling back and forth to Mexico
(b) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
(c) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
(d) staying up late every night editing
4. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that it will fail
(b) that it has possibilities
(c) that they have planned well
(d) that it can be done cheaper than that
5. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to write with one camera angle in mind
(b) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
(c) to work only in the early morning
(d) to plan only short scenes for the film
6. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
(a) learning how to operate a camera
(b) learning how to handle all the postproduction details
(c) learning how to raise money
(d) learning how to do makeshift lighting
7. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
(a) local teenage drivers
(b) the local police
(c) low riders
(d) NASCAR drivers
8. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
(a) homeless people
(d) his siblings
9. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
(a) $700 that he will use in El Mariachi
(b) an offer to go to Hollywood
(c) a school scholarship
(d) a new 16mm movie camera
10. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
(a) a turtle walking to town with the Mariachi
(b) the Mariachi drinking from a coconut
(c) a chase scene between the villians and the Mariachi.
(d) Azul and his jacket
11. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
12. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as education
(b) as the hardest part
(c) as improvisation
(d) as simplification
13. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
(b) Ricardo Montalban
(c) Lina Santos
(d) Ricky Ricardo
14. How is the story of the book told?
(a) first person dream sequences
(b) third person interview form
(c) third person chronological form
(d) first person diary form
15. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
(a) a short stint in the military
(b) a drug study conducted by Pharmaco
(c) a dance team performing in Mexico
(d) a sleep deprivation study
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
2. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
3. Why does Rodriguez determine to stay in the Pharmaco study?
4. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
5. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)