|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
(a) extension of time in the study
(b) a fine deducted from the pay
(c) expulsion from the program
(d) legal action
2. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
(a) the swimming pool scenes
(b) the gunfight scenes in the jail
(c) those with Reinol Martinez, the man who plays Azul
(d) the musical scenes
3. How does Rodriguez plan to finish the project early?
(a) by cutting out part of the script
(b) by shooting several scenes each day
(c) by working day and night
(d) by filming in fast motion
4. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) They never get in to see her.
(b) Her agent demands too much money.
(c) She agrees and then backs out.
(d) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
5. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) composing the music and doing the sound effects
(b) carrying equipment and setting up lights
(c) editing the script and doing the titles
(d) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
6. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
(a) improvise and learn the hard way
(b) hire a good cameraman
(c) read the owner's manual
(d) take a crash course
7. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) equipment rented in Mexico
(b) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(c) a small video camera
(d) a camera borrowed from his film professor
8. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
(a) It is about to be closed.
(b) It is moving to another city.
(c) It is going public.
(d) It is being sold to new owners.
9. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that it has possibilities
(b) that it can be done cheaper than that
(c) that they have planned well
(d) that it will fail
10. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
(a) Several companies express an interest in the film.
(b) The trailer has received great reviews.
(c) Private showings have gotten rave reviews.
(d) Compared to other films, his had better quality.
11. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
(d) Million Dollar Video
12. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
(a) Lina Santos
(b) Ricardo Montalban
(c) Ricky Ricardo
13. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
14. What does the budget for transferring the film to video come in at?
(a) twice what Rodriguez had estimated
(b) only $100
(c) $500 less than the original budget
(d) half of the original budget
15. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
(b) to work only in the early morning
(c) to write with one camera angle in mind
(d) to plan only short scenes for the film
Short Answer Questions
1. In his TV interview, what does Rodriguez give the viewers?
2. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
3. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
4. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
5. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)