|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
(a) Million Dollar Video
2. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
(a) his cropping style
(b) his shooting and editing style
(c) his film noir style
(d) his soft focus style
3. How does Rodriguez plan to make single shot weapons appear to be semi-automatic?
(a) though a soft filter lens
(b) through prop enhancement
(c) through digital manipuation
(d) through careful editing
4. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
(a) a new 16mm movie camera
(b) $700 that he will use in El Mariachi
(c) an offer to go to Hollywood
(d) a school scholarship
5. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
(a) homeless people
(d) his siblings
6. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
(a) a fine deducted from the pay
(b) legal action
(c) expulsion from the program
(d) extension of time in the study
7. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
(a) the local police
(b) low riders
(c) local teenage drivers
(d) NASCAR drivers
8. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
(a) the time he will lose
(b) the fear of failing the physical
(c) the isolation from his family
(d) the side effects caused by medical experiments
9. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to plan only short scenes for the film
(b) to write with one camera angle in mind
(c) to work only in the early morning
(d) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
10. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
(a) through his father's love for gadgets
(b) through his wife's brother's hobby
(c) through a sales promotion with no money down
(d) through winning a contest
11. Why does the boring work of editing the film begin to get Rodriguez down?
(a) He needs help but has no money left.
(b) He only likes to work on things he enjoys.
(c) He sees too many defects in the film.
(d) He fears he is not up to the task.
12. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
(b) well made
(d) serious competition
13. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
(a) It is something that he can edit out.
(b) He thinks no one will notice.
(c) He doesn't have money to correct them.
(d) It is supposed to be a practice movie.
14. How does Rodriguez decide to label his film in the credits?
(a) A Gallardo/Rodriguez Production
(b) A Small Wonder Production
(c) A Rodgal Production
(d) A Los Hooligans Production
15. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
(a) it takes at least $30,000 to make a movie
(b) being creative is all you need to succeed
(c) being creative and technical is better
(d) always hire someone to do the technical jobs
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ICM?
2. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
3. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
4. What does Rodriguez decide to do before doing a full edit of the film?
5. What makes it necessary to improvise?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)