|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
(a) his soft focus style
(b) his film noir style
(c) his cropping style
(d) his shooting and editing style
2. What do they use for a dolly to move the camera in some scenes?
(a) Rodriguez sitting in a wheel chair.
(b) Rodrigues wearing roller blades.
(c) Rodrigues riding on a tricycle.
(d) Rodriguez on a skateboard.
3. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
(a) that his short films are creative but rough
(b) that his work shows signs of genius
(c) that he has never won a short film award
(d) that his award-winning short films were done by him alone
4. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
(a) a turtle walking to town with the Mariachi
(b) the Mariachi drinking from a coconut
(c) Azul and his jacket
(d) a chase scene between the villians and the Mariachi.
5. What is Robert Rodriguez' classic film made on a budget of $7000?
(a) Los Hooligans
(b) El Lobo
(c) El Mariachi
6. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
(a) how to enter film contests
(b) how to make a big budget movie or how to make contacts
(c) how to buy expensive equipment
(d) how to find investors for a movie project
7. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
(a) in class at his high school
(b) in a sports bar in Mexico
(c) a Mexican local television channel and in dance clubs
(d) in his garage
8. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
(a) shoot from multiple camera angles
(b) edit his films
(c) make two movies at one time
(d) add titles to his films
9. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(a) The Mariachi
(d) The Last Carnival
10. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
(a) the side effects caused by medical experiments
(b) the fear of failing the physical
(c) the isolation from his family
(d) the time he will lose
11. Who is Robert Newman?
(a) a financier
(b) an ICM agent
(c) a studio hiring agent
(d) a studio head
12. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
(a) a seamstress who makes cheap costumes
(b) an inexperienced actress to play the role of Domino
(c) the caterer for the movie
(d) a film editor to work on the movie
13. What does the budget for transferring the film to video come in at?
(a) $500 less than the original budget
(b) half of the original budget
(c) twice what Rodriguez had estimated
(d) only $100
14. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
(a) His back goes out
(b) He accidentally erases all his work.
(c) He has a reaction to the Pharmaco experiment.
(d) He starts losing his vision.
15. How is the story of the book told?
(a) first person dream sequences
(b) first person diary form
(c) third person chronological form
(d) third person interview form
Short Answer Questions
1. What does El Mariachi receive on airing its trailer on public access TV?
2. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
3. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
4. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
5. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)