|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
(a) quick and quirky
(b) fast and effective
(c) cheap and amateurish
(d) simple and plotless
2. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
(a) that his short films are creative but rough
(b) that he has never won a short film award
(c) that his work shows signs of genius
(d) that his award-winning short films were done by him alone
3. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) got to movie sets in Mexico
(b) conduct a survey of movie goers
(c) rent Spanish action videos
(d) read books about Spanish film making
4. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
(a) the demo he left does not work properly
(b) he has to transalte the Spanish language
(c) they need him to pick up his demo
(d) he has to deliver some headshots
5. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
(a) Ricardo Montalban
(b) Ricky Ricardo
(c) Lina Santos
6. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
(a) sends his tape to ICM
(b) goes on Jay Leno Show
(c) takes an ad out in Variety
(d) walks into the office of the president of Warner Bros.
7. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
(a) a sleep deprivation study
(b) a dance team performing in Mexico
(c) a short stint in the military
(d) a drug study conducted by Pharmaco
8. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
(a) He doesn't have money to correct them.
(b) It is something that he can edit out.
(c) It is supposed to be a practice movie.
(d) He thinks no one will notice.
9. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
(a) that same day
(b) in two weeks
(c) in four days
(d) the next day
10. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
(a) views of all the film show awards Rodriguez has won
(b) BEDHEAD and the trailer of EL MARIACHI
(c) reviews from major critics
(d) the rough cut version of EL MARIACHI
11. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of experience
(b) the lack of funds
(c) the lack of actors
(d) the lack of time
12. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
(a) His back goes out
(b) He has a reaction to the Pharmaco experiment.
(c) He accidentally erases all his work.
(d) He starts losing his vision.
13. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
(a) get on TV and push their product
(b) have free showings of El Mariachi
(c) go door-to-door to sell El Mariachi
(d) take out ads in the LA Times
14. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(b) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
(c) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(d) He fears they will take credit for his work.
15. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
(a) the day he leaves the Pharmaco study
(b) the day he wins another film contest
(c) his first day of shooting The Mariachi
(d) his 23rd birthday
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Peter Marquardt?
2. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
3. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
4. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
5. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)