|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
(a) his 23rd birthday
(b) the day he leaves the Pharmaco study
(c) his first day of shooting The Mariachi
(d) the day he wins another film contest
2. In his TV interview, what does Rodriguez give the viewers?
(a) offers to hold movie making classes
(b) free copies of his CD
(c) stand up comedy jokes about movie making
(d) tips about creating a film with a limited budget
3. Who is Robert Newman?
(a) an ICM agent
(b) a studio hiring agent
(c) a studio head
(d) a financier
4. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
(a) a grant for having his movie edited
(b) access to old equipment at the cable station
(c) access to modern editing equipment at the university
(d) good advice from his university professor
5. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
(a) on the film school wall
(b) on the entertainment page of the Express News
(c) on the post office wall
(d) on the cover of Texas Times
6. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(a) The Mariachi
(c) The Last Carnival
7. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
(a) those with Reinol Martinez, the man who plays Azul
(b) the musical scenes
(c) the swimming pool scenes
(d) the gunfight scenes in the jail
8. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
(a) watching reruns on TV
(b) watching the other lab rats
(c) playing his guitar
(d) talking to the nurses
9. Why does Rodriguez return to see Gallardo in Mexico?
(a) He needs to re-record some of his lines.
(b) He needs a breat from editing.
(c) He needs Gallardo's moral support.
(d) He needs more money.
10. How is the story of the book told?
(a) first person dream sequences
(b) first person diary form
(c) third person chronological form
(d) third person interview form
11. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
(a) good critiques of his methods
(b) connections to Hollywood
(c) more time to make his films
(d) access to the equipment he needed
12. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
(a) in four days
(b) in two weeks
(c) that same day
(d) the next day
13. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
(a) low riders
(b) local teenage drivers
(c) NASCAR drivers
(d) the local police
14. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
(a) a higher percentage of the gross profits
(b) an attractive trailer
(c) a chance to meet the stars
(d) a big neame star
15. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
(a) It is supposed to be a practice movie.
(b) He doesn't have money to correct them.
(c) He thinks no one will notice.
(d) It is something that he can edit out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
2. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
3. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
4. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
5. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)