|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ICM?
(a) International Cinema Marketing
(b) a distribution company
(c) a major talent agency
(d) a small fim producing copany
2. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
(b) $1,000 plus a percentage of the gorss
3. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) composing the music and doing the sound effects
(b) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
(c) carrying equipment and setting up lights
(d) editing the script and doing the titles
4. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) a camera borrowed from his film professor
(b) equipment rented in Mexico
(c) a small video camera
(d) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
5. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
(a) Million Dollar Video
6. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
7. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
(a) The trailer has received great reviews.
(b) Compared to other films, his had better quality.
(c) Several companies express an interest in the film.
(d) Private showings have gotten rave reviews.
8. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) rent Spanish action videos
(b) got to movie sets in Mexico
(c) conduct a survey of movie goers
(d) read books about Spanish film making
9. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
(b) staying up late every night editing
(c) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
(d) traveling back and forth to Mexico
10. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
(a) a $7,000 study
(b) an outpatient study
(c) a weekend study
(d) a $3,000 study
11. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
(a) It is about to be closed.
(b) It is being sold to new owners.
(c) It is going public.
(d) It is moving to another city.
12. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
(a) goes on Jay Leno Show
(b) takes an ad out in Variety
(c) sends his tape to ICM
(d) walks into the office of the president of Warner Bros.
13. What does the budget for transferring the film to video come in at?
(a) only $100
(b) $500 less than the original budget
(c) half of the original budget
(d) twice what Rodriguez had estimated
14. How does Rodriguez plan to make single shot weapons appear to be semi-automatic?
(a) through prop enhancement
(b) through digital manipuation
(c) through careful editing
(d) though a soft filter lens
15. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
(b) They never get in to see her.
(c) She agrees and then backs out.
(d) Her agent demands too much money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
2. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
3. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
4. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
5. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)