|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Curse of El Mariachi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
(b) Ricardo Montalban
(c) Ricky Ricardo
(d) Lina Santos
2. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
(a) if he has to give an expense report
(b) if it will be doubled when his wife joins him
(c) if he can keep what he doesn't spend
(d) if it will come out of his royalties
3. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
(b) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
(c) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(d) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
4. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
(a) A police chase ends in a fiery crash.
(b) The Mariachi tries to find work at a cafe but is turned down.
(c) Azul gets a job singing at a Mexican cafe.
(d) The Mariachi sings to a beautiful woman.
5. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) not much innovation
(b) lack of vision
(c) too much technical training
(d) the waste of money
Short Answer Questions
1. What nearly brings Rodriguez to a breakdown?
2. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
3. What does Rodriguez predict the movie will do?
4. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
5. What does Rodriguez tell NPR?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)