|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Curse of El Mariachi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
(a) starting pre-production on a new film
(b) meeting Antonio Banderas
(c) at last receiving his final Columbia contract
(d) finishing the edit on El Mariachi
2. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
(a) They want to shoot it in 3-D.
(b) They want to release the original too.
(c) They want unknowns to play the lead roles.
(d) They want to destroy the $7,000 original.
3. What does a critic say about EL MARIACHI?
(a) He would rather be in Hawaii.
(b) He gets bored at festival screenings.
(c) He has heard it is amateurish.
(d) He cannot wait to see it.
4. What does Rodriguez decide to do before doing a full edit of the film?
(a) make a rough edit at home
(b) take a class on movie editing
(c) ask advice from Quentin Tarantino
(d) take it to his university professor
5. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
(a) He cannot get in the door.
(b) He needs to remake the film for them.
(c) All of them are interested.
(d) None of them like it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
2. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
3. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
4. What is ICM?
5. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)