|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: The Curse of El Mariachi.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they use for a dolly to move the camera in some scenes?
(a) Rodriguez sitting in a wheel chair.
(b) Rodriguez on a skateboard.
(c) Rodrigues wearing roller blades.
(d) Rodrigues riding on a tricycle.
2. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
(a) that he hates Hollywood
(b) that he is a fraud
(c) that he was just lucky
(d) that he hates film editing
3. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
(a) El Mariachi will be screened by a selected audience.
(b) The movie moguls will flip coins for the rights.
(c) Public reaction at a private screening will decide.
(d) Rodriguez must hurry and make a deal.
4. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
(a) The town in Mexico will get a new jail.
(b) The actors will be flown to Hollywood for the premier.
(c) The Mariachi music composers will earn royalties
(d) Gallardo will get paid for his work as a crew member.
5. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
(a) They want to destroy the $7,000 original.
(b) They want to release the original too.
(c) They want to shoot it in 3-D.
(d) They want unknowns to play the lead roles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boring work of editing the film begin to get Rodriguez down?
2. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
3. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
4. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)