|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as simplification
(b) as education
(c) as the hardest part
(d) as improvisation
2. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
(a) He has to reveal his secrets.
(b) He has to answer questions at the end.
(c) He has to give a speech before the movie starts.
(d) A large photo of him is up in the lobby.
3. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
(a) takes an ad out in Variety
(b) sends his tape to ICM
(c) walks into the office of the president of Warner Bros.
(d) goes on Jay Leno Show
4. What are the weapons used in the film?
(a) plastic toy store guns
(b) real guns borrowed from the police
(c) guns rented from a pawnshop
(d) army surplus guns
5. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
(a) working two jobs to make ends meet
(c) independently wealthy
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
2. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
3. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
4. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
5. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)