|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
(a) access to modern editing equipment at the university
(b) access to old equipment at the cable station
(c) a grant for having his movie edited
(d) good advice from his university professor
2. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
(a) Private showings have gotten rave reviews.
(b) The trailer has received great reviews.
(c) Several companies express an interest in the film.
(d) Compared to other films, his had better quality.
3. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) not much innovation
(b) too much technical training
(c) the waste of money
(d) lack of vision
4. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
(a) sends his tape to ICM
(b) walks into the office of the president of Warner Bros.
(c) goes on Jay Leno Show
(d) takes an ad out in Variety
5. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
(b) to work only in the early morning
(c) to write with one camera angle in mind
(d) to plan only short scenes for the film
Short Answer Questions
1. What special invitation is EL MARIACHI given?
2. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
3. Who does Rodriguez run into again in Toronto?
4. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
5. Who is Peter Marquardt?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)