|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
(a) taking the bus to Los Angeles and staying at the YMCA
(b) hitchhiking to Los Angeles
(c) hopping a freight car to LA and sleeping in a park
(d) driving to Los Angeles and staying at a friend's place
2. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
(a) the plans to film a sequel
(b) the mention of an Academy Award nomination
(c) the shelving of the entire project
(d) the national release of El Mariachi
3. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
(a) location negotiation skills
(b) previsualization skills
(c) steady handheld camera skills
(d) improvizational filming skills
4. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
(a) learning how to do makeshift lighting
(b) learning how to operate a camera
(c) learning how to handle all the postproduction details
(d) learning how to raise money
5. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(a) The Mariachi
(c) The Last Carnival
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
2. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
3. What makes it necessary to improvise?
4. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
5. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)