|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
(a) his 23rd birthday
(b) the day he leaves the Pharmaco study
(c) the day he wins another film contest
(d) his first day of shooting The Mariachi
2. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) They never get in to see her.
(b) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
(c) She agrees and then backs out.
(d) Her agent demands too much money.
3. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
(a) to the Argentine film festival
(b) to Antonio Banderas
(c) to the Cannes Festival
(d) to Spain
4. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) traveling back and forth to Mexico
(b) staying up late every night editing
(c) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
(d) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
5. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
(a) always hire someone to do the technical jobs
(b) it takes at least $30,000 to make a movie
(c) being creative is all you need to succeed
(d) being creative and technical is better
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
2. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
3. What makes it necessary to improvise?
4. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
5. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)