|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
(a) on the cover of Texas Times
(b) on the entertainment page of the Express News
(c) on the post office wall
(d) on the film school wall
2. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
(a) take a crash course
(b) improvise and learn the hard way
(c) hire a good cameraman
(d) read the owner's manual
3. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
(a) overcome Columbia's refusal to view the movie
(b) get the best bid for El Mariachi from Europe
(c) sell what is technically a foreign movie to a major American film company
(d) get Rodriguez the best visitor packages in Hollywood
4. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as simplification
(b) as improvisation
(c) as education
(d) as the hardest part
5. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
(a) to buy his next film
(b) to shoot a full length film of Bedhead
(c) to hire him to write scripts
(d) to purchase and release the original El Mariachi
Short Answer Questions
1. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
2. Why is Alfonso Arau in Toronto?
3. How does Rodriguez decide to label his film in the credits?
4. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)