|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez ask about his per diem in Hollywood?
(a) if it will come out of his royalties
(b) if it will be doubled when his wife joins him
(c) if he can keep what he doesn't spend
(d) if he has to give an expense report
2. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
(a) el estupido productions
(b) los locos productions
(c) la luna productions
(d) el cheapo productions
3. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
(a) from Antonio Banderas
(b) from the professor at the university
(c) from a former colleague
(d) from Gallardo
4. What write-up does Rodriguez particularly appreciate?
(a) Mr. Blackwell's approval of his suit
(b) Rex Reed's praise of his article
(c) Roger Ebert's article about his movie
(d) Liz Smith's article about his family life
5. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) read books about Spanish film making
(b) rent Spanish action videos
(c) conduct a survey of movie goers
(d) got to movie sets in Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
2. Besides the screening of his film, what bothers Rodriguez at the film festival?
3. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
4. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
5. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)