|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, "Postproduction, Take 2".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
(a) watching the other lab rats
(b) playing his guitar
(c) talking to the nurses
(d) watching reruns on TV
2. Why does Rodriguez determine to stay in the Pharmaco study?
(a) to get out of going to class
(b) to keep from having to borrow money
(c) to prove that he is a man
(d) to get the rest he needs
3. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
(a) A contract will come from New York.
(b) Something good will come from his failure.
(c) He can raise more money and go back again.
(d) It will come through and he will do everything by mail.
4. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
(a) A police chase ends in a fiery crash.
(b) The Mariachi sings to a beautiful woman.
(c) Azul gets a job singing at a Mexican cafe.
(d) The Mariachi tries to find work at a cafe but is turned down.
5. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
(a) a bar, a jail, and a bedroom
(b) a market, a hotel, and a slum
(c) a jail, a ranch, and a bank
(d) a courtroom, a bar, and a theater
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
2. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
3. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
4. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
5. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)