|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, "Postproduction, Take 2".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
(c) $1,000 plus a percentage of the gorss
2. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(b) The Last Carnival
(c) The Mariachi
3. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
(a) that his work shows signs of genius
(b) that his short films are creative but rough
(c) that he has never won a short film award
(d) that his award-winning short films were done by him alone
4. What does El Mariachi receive on airing its trailer on public access TV?
(a) negative reviews by critics
(b) inquiries about where the film was made
(c) an offer to finance the film
(d) positive responses from viewers
5. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
(a) have free showings of El Mariachi
(b) take out ads in the LA Times
(c) go door-to-door to sell El Mariachi
(d) get on TV and push their product
Short Answer Questions
1. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
2. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
3. Why does Newman call Rodriguez?
4. How does Rodriguez plan to finish the project early?
5. How is the story of the book told?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)