|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, "Postproduction, Take 2".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
(a) The movie moguls will flip coins for the rights.
(b) Rodriguez must hurry and make a deal.
(c) El Mariachi will be screened by a selected audience.
(d) Public reaction at a private screening will decide.
2. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of time
(b) the lack of actors
(c) the lack of experience
(d) the lack of funds
3. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
(a) He is showing El Miriachi every Saturday at midnight.
(b) He is ordering a print of El Mariachi.
(c) He is suing the Mexican film commission.
(d) He is taking El Mariachi to the Berlin Film Festival.
4. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) editing the script and doing the titles
(b) carrying equipment and setting up lights
(c) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
(d) composing the music and doing the sound effects
5. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
(a) lowers its final offer
(b) raises the offer to $150,000.
(c) backs out on the deal
(d) calls his agents
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rodriguez desperate for Columbia to pay him soon?
2. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
3. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
4. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
5. Why does Rodriguez return to see Gallardo in Mexico?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)