|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, "Postproduction, Take 2".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of experience
(b) the lack of actors
(c) the lack of time
(d) the lack of funds
2. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
(a) The actors will be flown to Hollywood for the premier.
(b) The Mariachi music composers will earn royalties
(c) Gallardo will get paid for his work as a crew member.
(d) The town in Mexico will get a new jail.
3. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
(a) buying new video equipment
(b) a sports car
(c) his brother's education
(d) fixing up his father's house
4. Why does Rodriguez determine to stay in the Pharmaco study?
(a) to prove that he is a man
(b) to get the rest he needs
(c) to get out of going to class
(d) to keep from having to borrow money
5. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(a) The Mariachi
(b) The Last Carnival
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez not like to work with professional editors?
2. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
3. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
4. Where does Rodriguez realize he was just one year ago on his 23rd birthday?
5. For what event is Rodriguez driving himself to finish editing El Mariachi?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)