|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, "Postproduction, Take 2".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez admit to Jim, a fellow Texan?
(a) that he hates Hollywood
(b) that he hates film editing
(c) that he was just lucky
(d) that he is a fraud
2. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
(a) a big neame star
(b) a higher percentage of the gross profits
(c) a chance to meet the stars
(d) an attractive trailer
3. What does Rodriguez consider paying for out of his per diem?
(a) fixing up his father's house
(b) buying new video equipment
(c) a sports car
(d) his brother's education
4. Who is Peter Marquardt?
(a) Rodriguez' roommate at the Pharmaco study.
(b) a doctor at the Pharmaco study
(c) Rodriguez's film school professor
(d) an agent who wants to sign Rodriguez
5. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
(a) sell what is technically a foreign movie to a major American film company
(b) get Rodriguez the best visitor packages in Hollywood
(c) get the best bid for El Mariachi from Europe
(d) overcome Columbia's refusal to view the movie
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
2. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
3. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
4. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
5. Why does Newman call Rodriguez?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)