|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, "Postproduction, Take 2".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
(a) his father's job in a movie theater
(b) his mother's love of the movies
(c) the inspiration of an English teacher
(d) his hours watching old movies on TV
2. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
(a) None of them like it.
(b) All of them are interested.
(c) He cannot get in the door.
(d) He needs to remake the film for them.
3. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
(a) location negotiation skills
(b) improvizational filming skills
(c) previsualization skills
(d) steady handheld camera skills
4. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
(a) hopping a freight car to LA and sleeping in a park
(b) taking the bus to Los Angeles and staying at the YMCA
(c) hitchhiking to Los Angeles
(d) driving to Los Angeles and staying at a friend's place
5. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
(a) through his wife's brother's hobby
(b) through a sales promotion with no money down
(c) through his father's love for gadgets
(d) through winning a contest
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez decide to do before doing a full edit of the film?
2. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
3. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
4. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
5. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)