|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Nine, "Postproduction, Take 2".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez have to work faster at the cable station?
(a) It is about to be closed.
(b) It is going public.
(c) It is moving to another city.
(d) It is being sold to new owners.
2. What excites Rodriguez on July 8th, two weeks after his 24th birthday?
(a) finishing the edit on El Mariachi
(b) at last receiving his final Columbia contract
(c) starting pre-production on a new film
(d) meeting Antonio Banderas
3. What happens to Rodriguez after spending hours on editing his film?
(a) He starts losing his vision.
(b) He has a reaction to the Pharmaco experiment.
(c) He accidentally erases all his work.
(d) His back goes out
4. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
(a) the musical scenes
(b) those with Reinol Martinez, the man who plays Azul
(c) the swimming pool scenes
(d) the gunfight scenes in the jail
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(b) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(c) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(d) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
2. What does Rodriguez have in addition to his large office at Columbia?
3. How does Rodriguez plan to make single shot weapons appear to be semi-automatic?
4. What pleases Rodriguez about benefits for others who donated their time and talent to the film?
5. After returning to Texas, which two Hollywood companies contact Rodriguez and want to fly him back to LA?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)