|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Six, "Highway to Hell".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
(a) connections to Hollywood
(b) more time to make his films
(c) good critiques of his methods
(d) access to the equipment he needed
2. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
(a) through his wife's brother's hobby
(b) through winning a contest
(c) through his father's love for gadgets
(d) through a sales promotion with no money down
3. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
(a) a drug study conducted by Pharmaco
(b) a short stint in the military
(c) a dance team performing in Mexico
(d) a sleep deprivation study
4. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
(a) Something good will come from his failure.
(b) It will come through and he will do everything by mail.
(c) A contract will come from New York.
(d) He can raise more money and go back again.
5. What does Rodriguez think is the most important thing for attracting a distributor?
(a) an attractive trailer
(b) a chance to meet the stars
(c) a higher percentage of the gross profits
(d) a big neame star
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
2. What makes it necessary to improvise?
3. What does Rodriguez say a film school teaches?
4. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)