|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five, "Postproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
(a) being creative is all you need to succeed
(b) being creative and technical is better
(c) always hire someone to do the technical jobs
(d) it takes at least $30,000 to make a movie
2. What is Rodriguez given in order to edit his film?
(a) a grant for having his movie edited
(b) good advice from his university professor
(c) access to modern editing equipment at the university
(d) access to old equipment at the cable station
3. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
(a) previsualization skills
(b) steady handheld camera skills
(c) location negotiation skills
(d) improvizational filming skills
4. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
(b) to work only in the early morning
(c) to plan only short scenes for the film
(d) to write with one camera angle in mind
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that it has possibilities
(b) that they have planned well
(c) that it can be done cheaper than that
(d) that it will fail
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the budget for transferring the film to video come in at?
2. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
3. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
4. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
5. What enhances Rodriguez' technical skills?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)