|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(b) The Mariachi
(c) The Last Carnival
2. What results if any of the rules are broken at the Pharmaco study?
(a) extension of time in the study
(b) a fine deducted from the pay
(c) legal action
(d) expulsion from the program
3. Why does Rodriguez determine to stay in the Pharmaco study?
(a) to prove that he is a man
(b) to keep from having to borrow money
(c) to get the rest he needs
(d) to get out of going to class
4. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
(a) in a sports bar in Mexico
(b) in his garage
(c) a Mexican local television channel and in dance clubs
(d) in class at his high school
5. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) editing the script and doing the titles
(b) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
(c) carrying equipment and setting up lights
(d) composing the music and doing the sound effects
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it necessary to improvise?
2. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
3. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
4. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
5. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)