|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) editing the script and doing the titles
(b) composing the music and doing the sound effects
(c) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
(d) carrying equipment and setting up lights
2. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
(a) a $7,000 study
(b) a $3,000 study
(c) a weekend study
(d) an outpatient study
3. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
(b) Ricky Ricardo
(c) Lina Santos
(d) Ricardo Montalban
4. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
(a) steady handheld camera skills
(b) location negotiation skills
(c) improvizational filming skills
(d) previsualization skills
5. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
(a) a John Grisham novel
(b) The Last of the Mohicans
(c) books on film making
(d) the same Stephen King book
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
2. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
3. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
4. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
5. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)