|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Peter Marquardt?
(a) a doctor at the Pharmaco study
(b) Rodriguez' roommate at the Pharmaco study.
(c) an agent who wants to sign Rodriguez
(d) Rodriguez's film school professor
2. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as education
(b) as improvisation
(c) as simplification
(d) as the hardest part
3. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
(a) improvizational filming skills
(b) steady handheld camera skills
(c) previsualization skills
(d) location negotiation skills
4. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) staying up late every night editing
(b) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
(c) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
(d) traveling back and forth to Mexico
5. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
(a) the same Stephen King book
(b) a John Grisham novel
(c) books on film making
(d) The Last of the Mohicans
Short Answer Questions
1. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
2. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
3. What makes it necessary to improvise?
4. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
5. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)