|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
(a) the reruns of old TV movies
(b) the inane conversation of other lab rats
(c) the slow pace of life at Pharmaco
(d) the tasteless food they have to eat
2. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to work only in the early morning
(b) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
(c) to plan only short scenes for the film
(d) to write with one camera angle in mind
3. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
(a) the caterer for the movie
(b) a film editor to work on the movie
(c) a seamstress who makes cheap costumes
(d) an inexperienced actress to play the role of Domino
4. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a family of sleepy siblings
(b) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
(c) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
(d) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
5. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) got to movie sets in Mexico
(b) rent Spanish action videos
(c) read books about Spanish film making
(d) conduct a survey of movie goers
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
2. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
3. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
4. Who is Peter Marquardt?
5. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)