|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
(a) in his garage
(b) a Mexican local television channel and in dance clubs
(c) in a sports bar in Mexico
(d) in class at his high school
2. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
(b) to write with one camera angle in mind
(c) to plan only short scenes for the film
(d) to work only in the early morning
3. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as education
(b) as simplification
(c) as the hardest part
(d) as improvisation
4. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
(b) traveling back and forth to Mexico
(c) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
(d) staying up late every night editing
5. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
(b) homeless people
(d) his siblings
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
2. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
3. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
4. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
5. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)