|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
(a) a Mexican local television channel and in dance clubs
(b) in his garage
(c) in class at his high school
(d) in a sports bar in Mexico
2. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of time
(b) the lack of funds
(c) the lack of experience
(d) the lack of actors
3. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as simplification
(b) as the hardest part
(c) as improvisation
(d) as education
4. Who is Peter Marquardt?
(a) Rodriguez' roommate at the Pharmaco study.
(b) Rodriguez's film school professor
(c) a doctor at the Pharmaco study
(d) an agent who wants to sign Rodriguez
5. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
(a) the tasteless food they have to eat
(b) the reruns of old TV movies
(c) the slow pace of life at Pharmaco
(d) the inane conversation of other lab rats
Short Answer Questions
1. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
2. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
3. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
4. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
5. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)