|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
2. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
(a) connections to Hollywood
(b) good critiques of his methods
(c) access to the equipment he needed
(d) more time to make his films
3. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
(a) The Last Carnival
(b) The Mariachi
4. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
(a) The Mariachi tries to find work at a cafe but is turned down.
(b) Azul gets a job singing at a Mexican cafe.
(c) The Mariachi sings to a beautiful woman.
(d) A police chase ends in a fiery crash.
5. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
(a) a jail, a ranch, and a bank
(b) a bar, a jail, and a bedroom
(c) a courtroom, a bar, and a theater
(d) a market, a hotel, and a slum
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
2. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
3. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
4. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
5. What does Rodriguez enjoy doing during the Pharmaco study?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)