|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(b) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(c) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(d) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
2. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
(a) a jail, a ranch, and a bank
(b) a bar, a jail, and a bedroom
(c) a courtroom, a bar, and a theater
(d) a market, a hotel, and a slum
3. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) equipment rented in Mexico
(b) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(c) a small video camera
(d) a camera borrowed from his film professor
4. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
(b) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
(c) traveling back and forth to Mexico
(d) staying up late every night editing
5. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
(a) that his award-winning short films were done by him alone
(b) that he has never won a short film award
(c) that his short films are creative but rough
(d) that his work shows signs of genius
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
2. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
3. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
4. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
5. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)