|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
(a) a drug study conducted by Pharmaco
(b) a short stint in the military
(c) a sleep deprivation study
(d) a dance team performing in Mexico
2. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) staying up late every night editing
(b) traveling back and forth to Mexico
(c) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
(d) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
3. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of funds
(b) the lack of experience
(c) the lack of actors
(d) the lack of time
4. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
(a) The Mariachi tries to find work at a cafe but is turned down.
(b) Azul gets a job singing at a Mexican cafe.
(c) A police chase ends in a fiery crash.
(d) The Mariachi sings to a beautiful woman.
5. What offer does a Spanish action movie production company make to Rodriguez and Gallardo?
(a) to send them to a Mexican film school
(b) to make a Spanish video action movie for him for $30,000
(c) to go on the company's payroll as directors
(d) to buy all their short films
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
2. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
3. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
4. What program does Rodriguez apply for at Pharmaco?
5. How is the story of the book told?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)