|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
(a) a short stint in the military
(b) a sleep deprivation study
(c) a dance team performing in Mexico
(d) a drug study conducted by Pharmaco
2. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
(a) that he has never won a short film award
(b) that his award-winning short films were done by him alone
(c) that his short films are creative but rough
(d) that his work shows signs of genius
3. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
(a) the day he wins another film contest
(b) his 23rd birthday
(c) his first day of shooting The Mariachi
(d) the day he leaves the Pharmaco study
4. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
(a) it takes at least $30,000 to make a movie
(b) always hire someone to do the technical jobs
(c) being creative is all you need to succeed
(d) being creative and technical is better
5. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) read books about Spanish film making
(b) conduct a survey of movie goers
(c) got to movie sets in Mexico
(d) rent Spanish action videos
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
2. Who are the actors in Rodriguez' short film, Bedhead?
3. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
4. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
5. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)