|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Three, "Preproduction".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that they have planned well
(b) that it has possibilities
(c) that it will fail
(d) that it can be done cheaper than that
2. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
(a) $700 that he will use in El Mariachi
(b) a school scholarship
(c) a new 16mm movie camera
(d) an offer to go to Hollywood
3. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) conduct a survey of movie goers
(b) read books about Spanish film making
(c) rent Spanish action videos
(d) got to movie sets in Mexico
4. What do Rodriguez and his roommate bring to read during the Pharmaco study?
(a) books on film making
(b) The Last of the Mohicans
(c) the same Stephen King book
(d) a John Grisham novel
5. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
(a) through his father's love for gadgets
(b) through winning a contest
(c) through a sales promotion with no money down
(d) through his wife's brother's hobby
Short Answer Questions
1. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
2. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
3. Doing the Pharmaco study, what does Rodriguez call himself?
4. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
5. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)