|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Two, "I Was A Human Lab Rat".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez determine to stay in the Pharmaco study?
(a) to prove that he is a man
(b) to get the rest he needs
(c) to get out of going to class
(d) to keep from having to borrow money
2. What offer does a Spanish action movie production company make to Rodriguez and Gallardo?
(a) to send them to a Mexican film school
(b) to buy all their short films
(c) to go on the company's payroll as directors
(d) to make a Spanish video action movie for him for $30,000
3. What is the advantage to Rodriguez after being admitted into the University of Texas film school?
(a) access to the equipment he needed
(b) connections to Hollywood
(c) good critiques of his methods
(d) more time to make his films
4. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
(a) Azul gets a job singing at a Mexican cafe.
(b) The Mariachi sings to a beautiful woman.
(c) A police chase ends in a fiery crash.
(d) The Mariachi tries to find work at a cafe but is turned down.
5. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
(a) his father's job in a movie theater
(b) his mother's love of the movies
(c) his hours watching old movies on TV
(d) the inspiration of an English teacher
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
2. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
3. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
4. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
5. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)