|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, "Sundancing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
(a) Several companies express an interest in the film.
(b) Private showings have gotten rave reviews.
(c) Compared to other films, his had better quality.
(d) The trailer has received great reviews.
2. After what do people start to recognize him on the street?
(a) his photo on the cover of People magazine
(b) the premier of El Mariachi
(c) an interview for the LA Times
(d) a spot on Larry King Live
3. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
(a) They want to pass him on to another agent.
(b) They want to stop answering his calls.
(c) They immediately want to become Rodriguez' agents.
(d) They want to criticize his film.
4. What young movie maker is also at the festival screening his film, RESERVOIR DOGS?
(a) Roger Corman
(b) Quentin Tarantino
(c) Stephen Spielberg
(d) John Landis
5. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
(a) He cannot get in the door.
(b) None of them like it.
(c) All of them are interested.
(d) He needs to remake the film for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. After returning to Texas, which two Hollywood companies contact Rodriguez and want to fly him back to LA?
2. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
3. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
4. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
5. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)