|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Twelve, "Sundancing".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) the waste of money
(b) not much innovation
(c) lack of vision
(d) too much technical training
2. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) composing the music and doing the sound effects
(b) editing the script and doing the titles
(c) carrying equipment and setting up lights
(d) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
3. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(b) a camera borrowed from his film professor
(c) a small video camera
(d) equipment rented in Mexico
4. What is the significance of June 20th for Rodriguez?
(a) the day he wins another film contest
(b) his 23rd birthday
(c) the day he leaves the Pharmaco study
(d) his first day of shooting The Mariachi
5. What does Rodriguez tell NPR?
(a) He always knew he would make it to Hollywood.
(b) He makes movies for the money and fame.
(c) He thought he would make it to Hollywood.
(d) He likes the technical part of movie making the best.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
2. Short on money, how to Rodriguez and Gallardo arrange their trip to Los Angeles?
3. In his TV interview, what does Rodriguez give the viewers?
4. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
5. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)