|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, "Production".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez worry about before going to Pharmaco?
(a) the time he will lose
(b) the isolation from his family
(c) the fear of failing the physical
(d) the side effects caused by medical experiments
2. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) a small video camera
(b) equipment rented in Mexico
(c) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(d) a camera borrowed from his film professor
3. How does Rodriguez obtain his first VCR?
(a) through his father's love for gadgets
(b) through a sales promotion with no money down
(c) through his wife's brother's hobby
(d) through winning a contest
4. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
(a) cheap and amateurish
(b) quick and quirky
(c) fast and effective
(d) simple and plotless
5. How does Rodriguez plan to finish the project early?
(a) by filming in fast motion
(b) by working day and night
(c) by cutting out part of the script
(d) by shooting several scenes each day
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
2. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
3. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
4. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
5. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)