|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, "Production".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
(a) those with Reinol Martinez, the man who plays Azul
(b) the swimming pool scenes
(c) the musical scenes
(d) the gunfight scenes in the jail
2. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) staying up late every night editing
(b) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
(c) traveling back and forth to Mexico
(d) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
3. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
(a) a market, a hotel, and a slum
(b) a bar, a jail, and a bedroom
(c) a jail, a ranch, and a bank
(d) a courtroom, a bar, and a theater
4. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
(a) a school scholarship
(b) $700 that he will use in El Mariachi
(c) a new 16mm movie camera
(d) an offer to go to Hollywood
5. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
(a) on the cover of Texas Times
(b) on the post office wall
(c) on the film school wall
(d) on the entertainment page of the Express News
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the weapons used in the film?
2. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
3. Who is Peter Marquardt?
4. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
5. Where do Rodriguez' first short films get shown?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)