|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, "Production".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) carrying equipment and setting up lights
(b) editing the script and doing the titles
(c) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
(d) composing the music and doing the sound effects
2. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
(a) the caterer for the movie
(b) an inexperienced actress to play the role of Domino
(c) a seamstress who makes cheap costumes
(d) a film editor to work on the movie
3. What comes with the next prize Bedhead wins in a film competition?
(a) an offer to go to Hollywood
(b) a school scholarship
(c) $700 that he will use in El Mariachi
(d) a new 16mm movie camera
4. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) She agrees and then backs out.
(b) They never get in to see her.
(c) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
(d) Her agent demands too much money.
5. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) rent Spanish action videos
(b) conduct a survey of movie goers
(c) read books about Spanish film making
(d) got to movie sets in Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
2. Doing the Pharmaco study, what does Rodriguez call himself?
3. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
4. What is the best way to describe Rodriguez' style of film making?
5. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)