|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, "Production".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(b) equipment rented in Mexico
(c) a small video camera
(d) a camera borrowed from his film professor
2. Because of working with limited equipment and on a tight budget, what skill does Rodriguez develop?
(a) previsualization skills
(b) location negotiation skills
(c) improvizational filming skills
(d) steady handheld camera skills
3. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
(a) el cheapo productions
(b) los locos productions
(c) la luna productions
(d) el estupido productions
4. Why is Rodriguez exhausted before going to Pharmaco?
(a) staying up late every night editing
(b) trying to keep his grades up at the University of Texas
(c) working hard on his short films and working two jobs
(d) traveling back and forth to Mexico
5. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
(b) serious competition
(d) well made
Short Answer Questions
1. How much do Rodriguez and Gallardo estimate it will take to make their movie?
2. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
3. How does Rodriguez refer to Gallardo to the media who want to interview him?
4. What bores Rodriguez the most during the study?
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)