|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Four, "Production".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
(b) a family of sleepy siblings
(c) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
(d) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
2. What are the weapons used in the film?
(a) plastic toy store guns
(b) guns rented from a pawnshop
(c) army surplus guns
(d) real guns borrowed from the police
3. What does he learn how to do because of needing to do only one take of a scene?
(a) to work only in the early morning
(b) to plan only short scenes for the film
(c) to shoot as little raw footage as possible
(d) to write with one camera angle in mind
4. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
(a) well made
(d) serious competition
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(b) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(c) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
(d) He does not have money to feed anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez refer to Gallardo to the media who want to interview him?
2. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
3. How does Rodriguez get his earliest exposure to films?
4. Which scenes of El Mariachi are shot first?
5. What is Rodriguez able to do when he has access to two VCRs?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)