|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
(a) his soft focus style
(b) his shooting and editing style
(c) his cropping style
(d) his film noir style
2. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
(a) Contracts are being negotiated for El Mariachi.
(b) They are refusing Rodriguez's demands.
(c) Counter offers are being made.
(d) They are debating whether to buy the film.
3. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
(c) independently wealthy
(d) working two jobs to make ends meet
4. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
(b) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
(c) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(d) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that it can be done cheaper than that
(b) that it has possibilities
(c) that it will fail
(d) that they have planned well
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
2. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
3. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
4. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
5. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)