|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of actors
(b) the lack of time
(c) the lack of experience
(d) the lack of funds
2. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
(a) He can raise more money and go back again.
(b) It will come through and he will do everything by mail.
(c) Something good will come from his failure.
(d) A contract will come from New York.
3. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) She agrees and then backs out.
(b) They never get in to see her.
(c) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
(d) Her agent demands too much money.
4. What interests the professor in Rodriquez' work?
(a) that his award-winning short films were done by him alone
(b) that he has never won a short film award
(c) that his work shows signs of genius
(d) that his short films are creative but rough
5. What is on Rodriguez' demo tape?
(a) BEDHEAD and the trailer of EL MARIACHI
(b) the rough cut version of EL MARIACHI
(c) reviews from major critics
(d) views of all the film show awards Rodriguez has won
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
2. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
3. What do they use for a dolly to move the camera in some scenes?
4. Why does Newman call Rodriguez?
5. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)