|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) equipment rented in Mexico
(b) a camera borrowed from his film professor
(c) a small video camera
(d) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
2. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as simplification
(b) as education
(c) as the hardest part
(d) as improvisation
3. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
(a) a drug study conducted by Pharmaco
(b) a dance team performing in Mexico
(c) a short stint in the military
(d) a sleep deprivation study
4. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
(a) $1,000 plus a percentage of the gorss
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(b) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(c) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
(d) He thinks it will be bad luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
2. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
3. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
4. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
5. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)