|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
(a) It is something that he can edit out.
(b) He thinks no one will notice.
(c) It is supposed to be a practice movie.
(d) He doesn't have money to correct them.
2. When is Rodriguez informed that the owner of the borrowed camera will need it back?
(a) in four days
(b) the next day
(c) in two weeks
(d) that same day
3. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(b) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
(c) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(d) He does not have money to feed anyone.
4. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
(a) to buy his next film
(b) to hire him to write scripts
(c) to shoot a full length film of Bedhead
(d) to purchase and release the original El Mariachi
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that it will fail
(b) that it can be done cheaper than that
(c) that it has possibilities
(d) that they have planned well
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
2. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
3. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
4. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
5. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)