|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
(a) get on TV and push their product
(b) go door-to-door to sell El Mariachi
(c) have free showings of El Mariachi
(d) take out ads in the LA Times
2. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
(a) read the owner's manual
(b) hire a good cameraman
(c) take a crash course
(d) improvise and learn the hard way
3. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as simplification
(b) as the hardest part
(c) as improvisation
(d) as education
4. What is said to determine the fate of El Mariachi?
(a) The movie moguls will flip coins for the rights.
(b) Public reaction at a private screening will decide.
(c) El Mariachi will be screened by a selected audience.
(d) Rodriguez must hurry and make a deal.
5. Why does Rodriguez have to go personally to ICM?
(a) he has to deliver some headshots
(b) they need him to pick up his demo
(c) he has to transalte the Spanish language
(d) the demo he left does not work properly
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Robert Newman?
2. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
3. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
4. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)