|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
(a) hire a good cameraman
(b) improvise and learn the hard way
(c) read the owner's manual
(d) take a crash course
2. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
(a) a seamstress who makes cheap costumes
(b) an inexperienced actress to play the role of Domino
(c) a film editor to work on the movie
(d) the caterer for the movie
3. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
(a) his soft focus style
(b) his shooting and editing style
(c) his film noir style
(d) his cropping style
4. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as simplification
(b) as the hardest part
(c) as education
(d) as improvisation
5. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) They never get in to see her.
(b) Her agent demands too much money.
(c) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
(d) She agrees and then backs out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
2. What inspires Rodriguez enough to do two takes of one scene?
3. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
4. What small luxury does Rodriguez enjoy when he's back in Texas.
5. What is ICM?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)