|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of funds
(b) the lack of experience
(c) the lack of actors
(d) the lack of time
2. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
(b) Lina Santos
(c) Ricky Ricardo
(d) Ricardo Montalban
3. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
(b) editing the script and doing the titles
(c) composing the music and doing the sound effects
(d) carrying equipment and setting up lights
4. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(b) equipment rented in Mexico
(c) a camera borrowed from his film professor
(d) a small video camera
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that it has possibilities
(b) that it will fail
(c) that it can be done cheaper than that
(d) that they have planned well
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
2. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
3. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
4. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)