|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
(a) that it will fail
(b) that it has possibilities
(c) that they have planned well
(d) that it can be done cheaper than that
2. What is the first scene Rodriguez completes as he writes his screenplay?
(a) The Mariachi sings to a beautiful woman.
(b) A police chase ends in a fiery crash.
(c) The Mariachi tries to find work at a cafe but is turned down.
(d) Azul gets a job singing at a Mexican cafe.
3. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
(a) $1,000 plus a percentage of the gorss
4. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(b) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(c) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
(d) He thinks it will be bad luck.
5. Why is Rodriguez desperate for Columbia to pay him soon?
(a) He owes money for his school loans.
(b) He thinks it is all a dream.
(c) He is reluctant to take out a loan.
(d) He won't believe it until the check is in his hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nearly brings Rodriguez to a breakdown?
2. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
3. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
4. What small luxury does Rodriguez enjoy when he's back in Texas.
5. How does Rodriguez plan to finish the project early?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)