|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) composing the music and doing the sound effects
(b) carrying equipment and setting up lights
(c) editing the script and doing the titles
(d) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
2. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
(b) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
(c) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(d) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
3. What is Javier's offer for the rights to EL MARIACHI?
(b) $1,000 plus a percentage of the gorss
4. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) She agrees and then backs out.
(b) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
(c) Her agent demands too much money.
(d) They never get in to see her.
5. What does Rodriguez participate in to raise money?
(a) a sleep deprivation study
(b) a drug study conducted by Pharmaco
(c) a dance team performing in Mexico
(d) a short stint in the military
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rodriguez desperate for Columbia to pay him soon?
2. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
3. What small luxury does Rodriguez enjoy when he's back in Texas.
4. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
5. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)