|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(b) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(c) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
(d) He fears they will take credit for his work.
2. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
(a) a courtroom, a bar, and a theater
(b) a jail, a ranch, and a bank
(c) a bar, a jail, and a bedroom
(d) a market, a hotel, and a slum
3. What is ICM?
(a) a major talent agency
(b) a small fim producing copany
(c) International Cinema Marketing
(d) a distribution company
4. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
(b) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
(c) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
(d) a family of sleepy siblings
5. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) read books about Spanish film making
(b) rent Spanish action videos
(c) conduct a survey of movie goers
(d) got to movie sets in Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez find his photo?
2. What does a professor at the film school think of Rodriguez' idea of making a film so cheaply?
3. How does Rodriguez plan to make single shot weapons appear to be semi-automatic?
4. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
5. What advice does Rodriguez recall as he starts work on his movie?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)