|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does a Spanish action movie production company make to Rodriguez and Gallardo?
(a) to buy all their short films
(b) to make a Spanish video action movie for him for $30,000
(c) to send them to a Mexican film school
(d) to go on the company's payroll as directors
2. What nearly brings Rodriguez to a breakdown?
(a) He is sued by Mex-American for breech of contract.
(b) Columbia nearly withdraws its offers.
(c) His lawyer tells him not to cash his first $13,000 paycheck.
(d) His remake will be directed by someone else.
3. What do they use for a dolly to move the camera in some scenes?
(a) Rodrigues riding on a tricycle.
(b) Rodrigues wearing roller blades.
(c) Rodriguez on a skateboard.
(d) Rodriguez sitting in a wheel chair.
4. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
(a) get on TV and push their product
(b) go door-to-door to sell El Mariachi
(c) take out ads in the LA Times
(d) have free showings of El Mariachi
5. What do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to scope out the competition?
(a) conduct a survey of movie goers
(b) read books about Spanish film making
(c) rent Spanish action videos
(d) got to movie sets in Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
2. Even though enormous sums of money are being dangled in front of him, what is Rodriguez' actual financial condition?
3. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
4. What are the weapons used in the film?
5. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)