|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a family of sleepy siblings
(b) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
(c) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
(d) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
2. What nearly brings Rodriguez to a breakdown?
(a) His remake will be directed by someone else.
(b) His lawyer tells him not to cash his first $13,000 paycheck.
(c) He is sued by Mex-American for breech of contract.
(d) Columbia nearly withdraws its offers.
3. Even though there is talk of releasing the original film, El Mariachi, what does Rodriguez want?
(a) Rodgriguez wants to shoot some additional scenes.
(b) Rodriguez would rather do a remake.
(c) Rodriquez wants to keep it as a test film.
(d) Rodriguez wants to show it free on Spanish TV.
4. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(b) He thinks it will be bad luck.
(c) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(d) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
5. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of time
(b) the lack of actors
(c) the lack of funds
(d) the lack of experience
Short Answer Questions
1. Heading back to Texas after failing to sign a contract, what does Rodriguez tell himself?
2. What star does Gallardo suggest they try to get for their film?
3. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
4. Why does Rodriguez suddenly think he can make a good profit with EL MARIACHI?
5. Which company was the only one that seemed to make a reasonable offer for EL MARIACHI?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)