|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
(a) They want unknowns to play the lead roles.
(b) They want to release the original too.
(c) They want to destroy the $7,000 original.
(d) They want to shoot it in 3-D.
2. What do they use for a dolly to move the camera in some scenes?
(a) Rodrigues riding on a tricycle.
(b) Rodriguez sitting in a wheel chair.
(c) Rodrigues wearing roller blades.
(d) Rodriguez on a skateboard.
3. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
(a) as the hardest part
(b) as education
(c) as simplification
(d) as improvisation
4. Why does Rodriguez overlook small mistakes he notices while shooting El Mariachi?
(a) It is something that he can edit out.
(b) He thinks no one will notice.
(c) He doesn't have money to correct them.
(d) It is supposed to be a practice movie.
5. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
(a) his cropping style
(b) his shooting and editing style
(c) his film noir style
(d) his soft focus style
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
2. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
3. What daring thing does Rodriguez do in Hollywood?
4. What is happening with Columbia Pictures?
5. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)