|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
(a) well made
(b) serious competition
2. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
(a) a bar, a jail, and a bedroom
(b) a jail, a ranch, and a bank
(c) a courtroom, a bar, and a theater
(d) a market, a hotel, and a slum
3. From whom does Rodriguez learn about professional jealousy in the world of filmmaking?
(a) from Antonio Banderas
(b) from a former colleague
(c) from Gallardo
(d) from the professor at the university
4. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
(a) They want unknowns to play the lead roles.
(b) They want to release the original too.
(c) They want to destroy the $7,000 original.
(d) They want to shoot it in 3-D.
5. What are the weapons used in the film?
(a) guns rented from a pawnshop
(b) real guns borrowed from the police
(c) army surplus guns
(d) plastic toy store guns
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
2. What desperate thing does Rodriguez do while waiting for a check from Columbia?
3. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
4. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
5. What short Rodriguez film wins the University of Missouri Fine Arts Competition?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)