|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eight, "Columbia Pictures".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the president of Miramax want to do?
(a) to purchase and release the original El Mariachi
(b) to shoot a full length film of Bedhead
(c) to hire him to write scripts
(d) to buy his next film
2. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo rate the Spanish films starring at least one famous actor?
(c) serious competition
(d) well made
3. What comes of the efforts to get Lina Santos, a Mexican movie and TV star, to act in El Mariachi?
(a) She agrees and then backs out.
(b) They never get in to see her.
(c) She still will not commit to being in the movie.
(d) Her agent demands too much money.
4. What does Columbia do when Rodriguez turns down a $100,000 offer?
(a) calls his agents
(b) lowers its final offer
(c) backs out on the deal
(d) raises the offer to $150,000.
5. What will Rodriguez' first feature length film be about?
(a) a family of sleepy siblings
(b) a boy lost in the Mexican desert
(c) a man named The Mariachi with a guitar full of weapons,
(d) a musician who wants to become a mariachi
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps with shooting the chase scene?
2. In LA, what do Rodriguez and Gallardo do to find a buyer?
3. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
4. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
5. What surprises Rodriguez as he negotiates to do a remake of El Mariachi?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)