|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
(a) some theaters cancel its bookings
(b) Mexican nationals picket the openings
(c) forty feet of it is destroyed during the transfer process
(d) Columbia decides to go straight to video
2. Who is the first celebrity Rodriguez meets on a movie set?
(a) Bruce Willis
(b) Angela Landsbury
(c) Arnold Schwarzenegger
(d) Pee Wee Herman
3. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
(a) editing the script and doing the titles
(b) carrying equipment and setting up lights
(c) composing the music and doing the sound effects
(d) securing permission, using his relations, and finding actors
4. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
(a) The audience response will be measured by applause.
(b) Ticket prices will be lowered.
(c) Statistics will be gathered about how many fall asleep.
(d) The audience will answer questions about the movie.
5. In the meantime, what happens with the short film, Bedhead?
(a) It gets lost in the mail.
(b) It gets honorable mention at another film festival.
(c) It gets shown on German TV.
(d) It ties for first place at another festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
2. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
3. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
4. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
5. What are the agents at ICM able to do?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)