|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
(a) Paramount tries to buy Rodriguez' contract.
(b) Demand for the movie to be made in English.
(c) Very positive audience response in the test screening.
(d) Very good notices in the press.
2. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
(a) introductions to all his favorite stars
(b) tours of the back lots
(c) free movie passes
(d) limousines and luxury hotels
3. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
(a) read the owner's manual
(b) improvise and learn the hard way
(c) take a crash course
(d) hire a good cameraman
4. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
(a) his cropping style
(b) his shooting and editing style
(c) his soft focus style
(d) his film noir style
5. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
(a) Austin, Texas
(b) El Paso, Texas
(c) Toronto, Canada
(d) Juarez, Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
2. What news about Rodriguez spreads fast around Hollywood?
3. What does Juan Suarez offer to do for the movie?
4. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
5. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)