|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Consuelo Gomez?
(a) an inexperienced actress to play the role of Domino
(b) a film editor to work on the movie
(c) a seamstress who makes cheap costumes
(d) the caterer for the movie
2. What special invitation is EL MARIACHI given?
(a) the Mexico City Film Festival
(b) the Sundance Film Festival
(c) the National Arts Institute Festival
(d) the Venice Film Festival
3. What special treatment does Rodriguez receive in Hollywood?
(a) tours of the back lots
(b) limousines and luxury hotels
(c) free movie passes
(d) introductions to all his favorite stars
4. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) the waste of money
(b) not much innovation
(c) too much technical training
(d) lack of vision
5. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
(a) the mention of an Academy Award nomination
(b) the national release of El Mariachi
(c) the shelving of the entire project
(d) the plans to film a sequel
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
2. What makes it necessary to improvise?
3. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
4. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
5. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)