|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
(a) They want to stop answering his calls.
(b) They want to criticize his film.
(c) They immediately want to become Rodriguez' agents.
(d) They want to pass him on to another agent.
2. After returning to Texas, which two Hollywood companies contact Rodriguez and want to fly him back to LA?
(a) Disney and Columbia
(b) Warner Bros. and Paramount
(c) Tri-Star and First Artists
(d) Sean Penn and Bruce Willis
3. How do Rodriguez and Gallardo meet all the people who end up helping them?
(a) through an agency
(b) at the film school
(c) by accident
(d) through advertisements
4. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of experience
(b) the lack of time
(c) the lack of actors
(d) the lack of funds
5. What does Rodriguez plan to use to film El Mariachi?
(a) a small video camera
(b) an Arriflex that he borrowed from a friend in Austin
(c) a camera borrowed from his film professor
(d) equipment rented in Mexico
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
2. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
3. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
4. What special invitation is EL MARIACHI given?
5. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)