|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Newman tell Rodriguez about the major film companies in Hollywood?
(a) He needs to remake the film for them.
(b) He cannot get in the door.
(c) None of them like it.
(d) All of them are interested.
2. What does Rodriguez plan to do about using a camera he is not familiar with?
(a) hire a good cameraman
(b) improvise and learn the hard way
(c) take a crash course
(d) read the owner's manual
3. What does Rodriguez classify as the main reason for professional incompetence in making movies?
(a) too much technical training
(b) not much innovation
(c) lack of vision
(d) the waste of money
4. To what news does Rodriguez not really know how to react?
(a) the shelving of the entire project
(b) the national release of El Mariachi
(c) the plans to film a sequel
(d) the mention of an Academy Award nomination
5. What is the latest problem with EL MARIACHI?
(a) a distributor changes the scheduel
(b) some dialog is garbled
(c) the movie needs color correcting
(d) the sound track is off
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing El Mariachi, what do the agents at ICM want to do?
2. What does a theater owner in Austin, Texas, tell Rodriguez he is doing?
3. Where does Rodriguez meet Gary Oldman and Francis Ford Coppola?
4. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
5. What makes it necessary to improvise?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)