|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the bad news regarding EL MARIACHI?
(a) forty feet of it is destroyed during the transfer process
(b) Columbia decides to go straight to video
(c) some theaters cancel its bookings
(d) Mexican nationals picket the openings
2. How does Rodriguez refer to his operation while making El Mariachi?
(a) el estupido productions
(b) la luna productions
(c) el cheapo productions
(d) los locos productions
3. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of experience
(b) the lack of time
(c) the lack of actors
(d) the lack of funds
4. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
(a) Very positive audience response in the test screening.
(b) Demand for the movie to be made in English.
(c) Very good notices in the press.
(d) Paramount tries to buy Rodriguez' contract.
5. What are three important locations Rodriguez and Gallardo look for in Mexico?
(a) a courtroom, a bar, and a theater
(b) a market, a hotel, and a slum
(c) a bar, a jail, and a bedroom
(d) a jail, a ranch, and a bank
Short Answer Questions
1. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
2. What does Rodriguez think will compensate for any inadequacies in costuming?
3. What does Rodriguez decide he wants, even if he works for Hollywood?
4. What are Gallardo's contributions to making El Mariachi?
5. After returning to Texas, which two Hollywood companies contact Rodriguez and want to fly him back to LA?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)