|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Eleven, "Postproduction, Take 3".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special invitation is EL MARIACHI given?
(a) the Venice Film Festival
(b) the National Arts Institute Festival
(c) the Mexico City Film Festival
(d) the Sundance Film Festival
2. What makes it necessary to improvise?
(a) the lack of actors
(b) the lack of funds
(c) the lack of experience
(d) the lack of time
3. What convinces Columbia that Rodriguez should write a sequel?
(a) Paramount tries to buy Rodriguez' contract.
(b) Very good notices in the press.
(c) Very positive audience response in the test screening.
(d) Demand for the movie to be made in English.
4. Why does Rodriguez turn down volunteer help on making his movie?
(a) He fears they will take credit for his work.
(b) He does not have money to feed anyone.
(c) He does not want a witness in case the movie is a failure.
(d) He thinks it will be bad luck.
5. What will happen at a test screening of EL MARIACHI?
(a) Statistics will be gathered about how many fall asleep.
(b) The audience will answer questions about the movie.
(c) The audience response will be measured by applause.
(d) Ticket prices will be lowered.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rodriguez sum up his pre-production activity for El Mariachi?
2. Where does Newman want to send El Mariachi?
3. Where does Rodriguez get the studio to do the first release of his movie?
4. What good luck finally comes to Rodriguez?
5. In the meantime, what happens with the short film, Bedhead?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)