* Rebel Without a Crew tells the story of how Robert Rodriguez wrote and directed the movie El Mariachi, which is now considered a Hollywood classic, when he was only 23-years-old .
* He shoots the entire movie with a budget of $7,000.00, something no one thought possible to do.
* His diary tells how he got interested in filmmaking at a very early age beginning with clay animation and graduating into live action films.
* His family's cooperation and his mother's love of old movies are part of the reason he was able to pursue his dream.
* Rodriguez forms a friendship with Carlos Gallardo, another budding filmmaker, and they visit in the summers and make short films in Mexico.
* Rodriguez does not do well academically but talks his way into the University of Texas Film School because of his award-winning film, BEDHEAD.
* Rodriguez' admission to the film school gives him access to...
This section contains 3,448 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)