|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator not want her husband to know?
2. As the storm approaches, to what does the narrator liken the sea?
3. What does Mrs. Danvers suggest to the narrator?
4. What does Colonel Julyan say about blackmail?
5. Why does Colonel Julyan not think it would help to write to the doctor about Rebecca's consultation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the moral problem that lies at the core of Rebecca. Do you think this has been presented satisfactorily? Why or why not? Be sure to refer closely to characters and events in the text.
Essay Topic 2
"Rebecca contains a critique of the luxurious, idle lives of the British landed gentry." Do you agree? Is there evidence of such a critique?
Essay Topic 3
Did Rebecca de Winter deserve to die? Should her husband have been punished (through the law) for her murder? Examine the moral dilemma. Is there indeed a moral dilemma at all? Write the text of a speech you might give to some law students.
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)