|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the qualities the narrator believes a person must have to be well-bred?
2. What does the narrator's dream suggest?
3. On reflection about past events, what deduction does the narrator make?
4. What is the name of Rebecca's boat, as written on the name board?
5. Where does the narrator stand to watch the drama of the grounded ship?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the moral problem that lies at the core of Rebecca. Do you think this has been presented satisfactorily? Why or why not? Be sure to refer closely to characters and events in the text.
Essay Topic 2
Write a considered essay on characterization in Rebecca. Which characters are rounded and which flat? Are any of the characters stereotypes? Comment on the importance of minor characters like Robert, Ben and Giles.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay in which you assess the effectiveness of the opening chapters of the novel. Comment on setting, language, characters and the development of mystery.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)