|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator stand to watch the drama of the grounded ship?
2. What is Beatrice's theory about the holes in Rebecca's boat?
3. How is the narrator's entrance to the ball announced?
4. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
5. Who is the unexpected visitor that Frith announces?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Rebecca contains a critique of the luxurious, idle lives of the British landed gentry." Do you agree? Is there evidence of such a critique?
Essay Topic 2
What elements of the novel Rebecca do you think are similar to the fairy-tale? In your answer, refer to characters and structure as well as subtext. Does the novel subvert the fairytale elements to any extent?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is the novel Rebecca characteristic of the romance novel genre? Examine and comment on the structure and character dynamics in the novel. Write about 800 words.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)