|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What costume does Maxim de Winter suggest his wife wear to the fancy dress ball?
2. What prevents Beatrice going to London with them all?
3. Why is Beatrice unable to visit?
4. What is Mrs. Danvers doing as she tells Mrs. de Winter about the night Rebecca died?
5. According to Mrs. Danvers, why should Mrs. de Winter kill herself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the moral problem that lies at the core of Rebecca. Do you think this has been presented satisfactorily? Why or why not? Be sure to refer closely to characters and events in the text.
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you most engage with when reading Rebecca? Which character did you most dislike? Write an essay in which you compare and contrast these two characters and reflect about what you have learned through experiencing them in the world of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
"Exploring moral dilemmas in fiction prepares us to make decisions in the real world." Discuss this statement, making close reference to the way characters deal with moral issues in Rebecca.
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)