|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator's entrance to the ball announced?
2. What is the narrator's first reaction to Maxim's confession that he killed Rebecca?
3. What does the Coroner say about Mr Tubb's workmanship?
4. What does Maxim tell his wife at last?
5. How has Maxim misunderstood his wife to this point?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Exploring moral dilemmas in fiction prepares us to make decisions in the real world." Discuss this statement, making close reference to the way characters deal with moral issues in Rebecca.
Essay Topic 2
"Daphne du Maurier's accomplishment is to build a tense and engaging story around an essentially weak protagonist." Do you agree? Discuss with close reference to the characters and relationships depicted in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
"Mrs Danvers is not the antagonist in Rebecca: the real antagonist is Rebecca de Winter." Do you agree? Why or why not? Examine the power dynamics in the novel.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)