|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator's entrance to the ball announced?
2. What does Colonel Julyan say about blackmail?
3. What is depicted on the postcard set on the doctor's mantelpiece?
4. What does Rebecca imply during her final confrontation with Maxim?
5. In what way does the narrator find Frank Crawley invaluable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the moral problem that lies at the core of Rebecca. Do you think this has been presented satisfactorily? Why or why not? Be sure to refer closely to characters and events in the text.
Essay Topic 2
Write a considered essay on characterization in Rebecca. Which characters are rounded and which flat? Are any of the characters stereotypes? Comment on the importance of minor characters like Robert, Ben and Giles.
Essay Topic 3
"Rebecca contains a critique of the luxurious, idle lives of the British landed gentry." Do you agree? Is there evidence of such a critique?
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)