|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rebecca think of her lovers?
2. What flower does a guest suggest the narrator represents, in her blue dress?
3. What costume does Max choose for the ball?
4. What is depicted on the postcard set on the doctor's mantelpiece?
5. What has tarnished the silver dresses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationships of the couples presented in Rebecca. Look at Maxim and Rebecca; Maxim and his new wife; Rebecca and Jack Favell; Beatrice and Giles. How do these relationships affect the development of the story?
Essay Topic 2
"Romance and drama are essential to interesting lives, and Rebecca supplies plenty of this!" Examine the romance and drama in Rebecca. What techniques does the author use to create a strong story that engages the reader?
Essay Topic 3
In a thoughtful essay, account for the continuing popularity of Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca. Write about 500 words.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)