|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Danvers suggest to the narrator?
2. In what area of London does Dr Baker live?
3. What is the name of the game the narrator feels is being played with Mrs. Danvers?
4. What has changed concerning the relationship between the narrator and Mrs. Danvers?
5. Where does the narrator stand to watch the drama of the grounded ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a thoughtful essay, account for the continuing popularity of Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca. Write about 500 words.
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you most engage with when reading Rebecca? Which character did you most dislike? Write an essay in which you compare and contrast these two characters and reflect about what you have learned through experiencing them in the world of the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationships of the couples presented in Rebecca. Look at Maxim and Rebecca; Maxim and his new wife; Rebecca and Jack Favell; Beatrice and Giles. How do these relationships affect the development of the story?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)