|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flower does a guest suggest the narrator represents, in her blue dress?
2. How long ago did the narrator last use her dressing-case?
3. What does Dr Baker reveal?
4. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
5. Who announces the arrival of Maxim's car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1"Romance and drama are essential to interesting lives, and Rebecca supplies plenty of this!" Examine the romance and drama in Rebecca. What techniques does the author use to create a strong story that engages the reader?
Essay Topic 2"The destruction of Manderley symbolizes the destruction of the genteel world of the early twentieth century, with all its hypocrisy." Do you agree? Write a substantial essay that reviews the themes of the novel.
Essay Topic 3"Rebecca is the strongest character in the novel, yet she never appears in it." Do you agree that Rebecca is the strongest character? What makes a strong character? Write about 500 words.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)