|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxim ask Frank to do?
2. How might Beatrice's driving be described?
3. What prevents Beatrice going to London with them all?
4. Who instructs Mrs. Danvers to lock Maxim and his wife in their room for the night?
5. In what way does the narrator find Frank Crawley invaluable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Daphne du Maurier's accomplishment is to build a tense and engaging story around an essentially weak protagonist." Do you agree? Discuss with close reference to the characters and relationships depicted in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
"Rebecca is a novel that could not exist without the British class system of the 1930s." Discuss with close reference to relationships depicted in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is the novel Rebecca characteristic of the romance novel genre? Examine and comment on the structure and character dynamics in the novel. Write about 800 words.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)