|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator realize about Frank?
2. In what area of London does Dr Baker live?
3. The tenor of his conversation at lunch makes it clear that Maxim . . .
4. What prevents Beatrice going to London with them all?
5. What does Beatrice suggest the narrator do in the morning?
Essay Topic 1
In a thoughtful essay, account for the continuing popularity of Daphne du Maurier's Rebecca. Write about 500 words.
Essay Topic 2
Choose TWO significant characters from the novel Rebecca. In a considered essay, discuss the way these characters and their roles in the story illustrate and/or connect with the novel's themes.
Essay Topic 3
"Romance and drama are essential to interesting lives, and Rebecca supplies plenty of this!" Examine the romance and drama in Rebecca. What techniques does the author use to create a strong story that engages the reader?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)