|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For the narrator, what is the dreadful ending to the evening?
2. What reason does Mrs Danvers give for her deception over the ball dress?
3. What does Maxim ask Frank to do?
4. What does Dr Baker reveal?
5. What does Colonel Julyan say about blackmail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is the novel Rebecca characteristic of the romance novel genre? Examine and comment on the structure and character dynamics in the novel. Write about 800 words.
Essay Topic 2
"Mrs Danvers is not the antagonist in Rebecca: the real antagonist is Rebecca de Winter." Do you agree? Why or why not? Examine the power dynamics in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you most engage with when reading Rebecca? Which character did you most dislike? Write an essay in which you compare and contrast these two characters and reflect about what you have learned through experiencing them in the world of the novel.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)