|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On reflection about past events, what deduction does the narrator make?
(a) That Jack Favell knows how to get his way.
(b) That Frank witnessed the murder.
(c) That Colonel Julyan believes in the murder.
(d) That Ben witnessed the murder.
2. What was Rebecca's attitude to doctors?
(a) She despised them.
(b) She didn't trust them completely, but consulted them.
(c) She was indifferent to them.
(d) She respected them.
3. Which words best describe Beatrice's Christmas party?
(a) Boistrous in an elegant way.
(b) Boistrous, noisy, silly and messy.
(c) Noisy, and very drunken with fights breaking out.
(d) Elegant, organized, but rather stodgy.
4. How many people from the ship are drowned?
(b) Three hundred.
5. For how long would Rebecca have her hair brushed?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Fifteen minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is depicted on the postcard set on the doctor's mantelpiece?
2. Who instructs Mrs. Danvers to lock Maxim and his wife in their room for the night?
3. What shocks does Maxim claim to have suffered?
4. What does Maxim tell his wife at last?
5. What are the qualities the narrator believes a person must have to be well-bred?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)