|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces the arrival of Maxim's car?
(b) Mrs. Danvers.
2. What does Rebecca imply during her final confrontation with Maxim?
(a) That Maxim won't divorce her because she is pregnant.
(b) That Maxim is impotent.
(c) That she is pregnant with another man's child.
(d) That she is pregnant with Maxim's child.
3. In what way does the narrator find Frank Crawley invaluable?
(a) He conducts an inspection of Happy Valley.
(b) He teaches her to ride.
(c) He helps her with accounts.
(d) He helps her serve tea to the many visitors.
4. Why is Beatrice unable to visit?
(a) The family is in quarantine due to the measles.
(b) She has the measles.
(c) She is too embarrassed.
(d) She has to nurse Giles and Roger.
5. Who is the unexpected visitor that Frith announces?
(a) The coroner.
(b) Jack Favell.
(c) Maxim's grandmother.
(d) Rebecca's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what sort of mood is the narrator the morning after the fancy dress ball?
2. The tenor of his conversation at lunch makes it clear that Maxim . . .
3. What story is circulated regarding Mrs. de Winter's dress?
4. For how long would Rebecca have her hair brushed?
5. On reflection about past events, what deduction does the narrator make?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)