|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What costume does Max choose for the ball?
(a) Max will be going as Riahard III.
(b) Max never wears fancy dress; he's in evening clothes.
(c) Max will be dressed as a shepherd.
(d) Max will be dressed as Julius Caesar.
2. What does Mrs. Danvers suggest to the narrator?
(a) That it is time they both had a break and went downstairs.
(b) That Rebecca is her spirit guide.
(c) That she wear Rebecca's clothes.
(d) That Rebecca haunts Manderley.
3. What explanation does Maxim give for the shipping disaster?
(a) He believes the ship had not taken a pilot on board.
(b) He believes the ship's captain was drunk.
(c) He believes the ship had tried to avoid smugglers.
(d) He believes the ship mistook the bay for Kerrith Harbour.
4. How does Max feel about speaking to the press?
(a) He only wants to make prepared statements.
(b) He is worried he might antagonize them.
(c) He thinks he needs them on his side.
(d) He doesn't want to make any statements.
5. What has changed concerning the relationship between the narrator and Mrs. Danvers?
(a) All power has gone out of the relationship.
(b) The power of Mrs. Danvers has grown stronger.
(c) The power roles are reversed.
(d) The narrator has gained some power.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what sort of mood is the narrator the morning after the fancy dress ball?
2. Who is Colonel Julyan?
3. What does the Coroner say about Mr Tubb's workmanship?
4. What flower does a guest suggest the narrator represents, in her blue dress?
5. How might Beatrice's driving be described?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)