|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maxim ask Frank to do?
(a) To wait at Manderley.
(b) To take his wife in to Lanyon.
(c) To take Mrs. Danvers back to Manderley.
(d) To take his wife back to Manderley.
2. What reason does Mrs Danvers give for her deception over the ball dress?
(a) She thinks Mrs. de Winter is a weak fool and therefore fair game.
(b) She likes the feeling of power.
(c) She wanted revenge because she believes Mrs. de Winter told her husband of Jack Favell's visit.
(d) She says it is something Rebecca would have done.
3. What shocks does Maxim claim to have suffered?
(a) Learning he'd made a mistake in identificaton and finding out the boat was sunk on purpose.
(b) The discovery of the boat and the discovery of the body.
(c) His mistaken identification and his sister's illness.
(d) The shock of seeing his new wife in Rebecca's dress.
4. What explanation does Maxim give for the shipping disaster?
(a) He believes the ship had not taken a pilot on board.
(b) He believes the ship mistook the bay for Kerrith Harbour.
(c) He believes the ship's captain was drunk.
(d) He believes the ship had tried to avoid smugglers.
5. Why does Frank visit the vicar?
(a) To arrange Rebecca's burial.
(b) To confess what he knows about the murder.
(c) To borrow his car.
(d) To ask him for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long would Rebecca have her hair brushed?
2. What costume does Maxim de Winter suggest his wife wear to the fancy dress ball?
3. What has tarnished the silver dresses?
4. What is the narrator's first reaction to Maxim's confession that he killed Rebecca?
5. What does the narrator not want her husband to know?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)