|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Colonel Julyan say about blackmail?
(a) It is a way to become rich.
(b) It is simple, but not pure.
(c) It is neither pure nor simple.
(d) It is pure and simple.
2. In what way does the narrator find Frank Crawley invaluable?
(a) He teaches her to ride.
(b) He helps her serve tea to the many visitors.
(c) He helps her with accounts.
(d) He conducts an inspection of Happy Valley.
3. What does the narrator's dream suggest?
(a) That she likes walking in the forest.
(b) That she is insecure about Maxim's feelings for her.
(c) That she is spooked by Mrs. Danvers.
(d) That she would like to be Rebecca.
4. How is the narrator's entrance to the ball announced?
(a) Via a drum roll.
(b) Via a trumpet fanfare.
(c) Frith calls for order and announces her.
(d) Some loud chords on a piano.
5. What explanation does Maxim give for the shipping disaster?
(a) He believes the ship mistook the bay for Kerrith Harbour.
(b) He believes the ship had not taken a pilot on board.
(c) He believes the ship's captain was drunk.
(d) He believes the ship had tried to avoid smugglers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator tell Frank Crawley that Maxim did not come to bed?
2. Why is a diver employed?
3. What flower does a guest suggest the narrator represents, in her blue dress?
4. What is Mr Tubb's opinion about the boat's sinking?
5. What does Favell think will help Ben to remember him?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)