|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Rebecca's boat, as written on the name board?
(a) Je Reviens.
(b) Je t'aime.
(c) Jete, jete!
2. Who is the unexpected visitor that Frith announces?
(a) Jack Favell.
(b) Maxim's grandmother.
(c) The coroner.
(d) Rebecca's grandmother.
3. Why are the shops in Layton closed?
(a) It is Sunday.
(b) The shopowners have all gone to the inquest.
(c) It is early closing day.
(d) As a mark of respect to Rebecca.
4. What does Maxim tell his wife at last?
(a) That he will soon come to love her.
(b) That he adores Rebecca.
(c) That he is penniless.
(d) That he loves her.
5. What color dress does the narrator eventually wear top the ball?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about visiting Maxim's grandmother?
2. Ben offers the narrator some winkles. What are winkles?
3. Who are Hastings and Birkett?
4. How is the narrator's entrance to the ball announced?
5. On reflection about past events, what deduction does the narrator make?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)