|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Coroner say about Mr Tubb's workmanship?
(a) He says it is excellent and was not to blame for the accident.
(b) He says it is irrelevant.
(c) He says it is excellent and he would like him to work on his wife's boat.
(d) He condemns it as being responsible for the accident.
2. What does she believe about her relationship with Maxim?
(a) She believes her marriage has failed after three months.
(b) She believes the problems will blow over.
(c) That it is over and the divorce settlement will make her rich.
(d) She believes she will need to work hard to get through the crisis.
3. How is the narrator's entrance to the ball announced?
(a) Frith calls for order and announces her.
(b) Via a trumpet fanfare.
(c) Via a drum roll.
(d) Some loud chords on a piano.
4. What is the narrator's first reaction to Maxim's confession that he killed Rebecca?
5. Why does Frank visit the vicar?
(a) To arrange Rebecca's burial.
(b) To ask him for dinner.
(c) To confess what he knows about the murder.
(d) To borrow his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Beatrice unable to visit?
2. What do the rockets indicate?
3. What does Dr Baker reveal?
4. On reflection about past events, what deduction does the narrator make?
5. What costume does Maxim de Winter suggest his wife wear to the fancy dress ball?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)