|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beatrice suggest the narrator do in the morning?
(a) She should sack Mrs. Danvers.
(b) She should have a good lie-in, with breakfast in bed.
(c) She should get up early and talk to Max.
(d) She should apologize to Maxim.
2. What does Mrs. Danvers suggest to the narrator?
(a) That Rebecca is her spirit guide.
(b) That it is time they both had a break and went downstairs.
(c) That Rebecca haunts Manderley.
(d) That she wear Rebecca's clothes.
3. What does Maxim tell his wife to do?
(a) To fetch Mrs. Danvers.
(b) To go and get changed before anyone arrives.
(c) Accompany him to the library.
(d) To go upstairs and stay there out of sight.
4. What is the "frightful word of six letters" to which the narrator refers?
5. What does Maxim's Gran believe are the three most important qualities in a wife?
(a) Fertility, feistiness and fearlessness.
(b) Archness, aristocracy and acumen.
(c) Breeding, bearing and beauty,
(d) Breeding, brains and beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Colonel Julyan's hope concerning Jack Favell?
2. What does Colonel Julyan say about blackmail?
3. What are Maxim's dominant feelings about his years with Rebecca?
4. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
5. Why does Colonel Julyan not think it would help to write to the doctor about Rebecca's consultation?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)