|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the unexpected visitor that Frith announces?
(a) Jack Favell.
(b) The coroner.
(c) Rebecca's grandmother.
(d) Maxim's grandmother.
2. What has tarnished the silver dresses?
(a) A bottle of furniture polish.
(b) Stale perfume of roses.
(c) The azalea scent, turned stale.
3. Why are the shops in Layton closed?
(a) As a mark of respect to Rebecca.
(b) The shopowners have all gone to the inquest.
(c) It is Sunday.
(d) It is early closing day.
4. What does she believe about her relationship with Maxim?
(a) She believes she will need to work hard to get through the crisis.
(b) She believes the problems will blow over.
(c) She believes her marriage has failed after three months.
(d) That it is over and the divorce settlement will make her rich.
5. What does the Coroner say about Mr Tubb's workmanship?
(a) He condemns it as being responsible for the accident.
(b) He says it is excellent and he would like him to work on his wife's boat.
(c) He says it is excellent and was not to blame for the accident.
(d) He says it is irrelevant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Danvers doing as she tells Mrs. de Winter about the night Rebecca died?
2. What does Beatrice suggest the narrator do in the morning?
3. What costume does Max choose for the ball?
4. What is depicted on the postcard set on the doctor's mantelpiece?
5. What does Colonel Julyan say about blackmail?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)