|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maxim ask Frank to do?
(a) To take his wife back to Manderley.
(b) To take his wife in to Lanyon.
(c) To wait at Manderley.
(d) To take Mrs. Danvers back to Manderley.
2. Where does the narrator stand to watch the drama of the grounded ship?
(a) She stays in the house and looks out the window.
(b) She stays on the clifftop.
(c) She stays on the beach.
(d) She goes to the end of the breakwater, then goes to the clifftop.
3. What prevents Beatrice going to London with them all?
(a) Roger wants her to watch him play cricket.
(b) Her car is in for service.
(c) Roger can't be left as he is sick and doesn't like the nurse.
(d) Giles is ill and Beatrice is suspicious of the nurse.
4. What does Maxim tell his wife at last?
(a) That he is penniless.
(b) That he will soon come to love her.
(c) That he adores Rebecca.
(d) That he loves her.
5. What is Beatrice's theory about the holes in Rebecca's boat?
(a) She thinks Ben probably did it.
(b) She doesn't believe there were any holes in the boat.
(c) She thinks Communists were responsible.
(d) She thinks Maxim was responsible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which words best describe Beatrice's Christmas party?
2. For the narrator, what is the dreadful ending to the evening?
3. What was Rebecca's attitude to doctors?
4. Who are Hastings and Birkett?
5. What are Maxim's dominant feelings about his years with Rebecca?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)