|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is depicted on the postcard set on the doctor's mantelpiece?
(a) A picture of Lake Geneva.
(b) A picture of the Venice Lagoon.
(c) A picture of Lake Constance.
(d) A picture of Lake Como.
2. What are the qualities the narrator believes a person must have to be well-bred?
(a) An aristocratic pedigree.
(b) Pride and money.
(c) A good accent and pride.
(d) Pride and guts.
3. What does Mrs. Danvers suggest to the narrator?
(a) That Rebecca is her spirit guide.
(b) That she wear Rebecca's clothes.
(c) That it is time they both had a break and went downstairs.
(d) That Rebecca haunts Manderley.
4. What is Colonel Julyan's hope concerning Jack Favell?
(a) That he will remember to bring Rebecca's note.
(b) That he will wake up to himself.
(c) That he has overslept.
(d) That he will be run over by a bus.
5. Who is Colonel Julyan?
(a) The magistrate for Penwith.
(b) A distant relative of Rebecca's.
(c) A famous lawyer from London.
(d) The magistrate for Kerrith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator's entrance to the ball announced?
2. Ben offers the narrator some winkles. What are winkles?
3. What does the narrator not want her husband to know?
4. What is the narrator's first reaction to Maxim's confession that he killed Rebecca?
5. How long ago did the narrator last use her dressing-case?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)