|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the narrator when she puts "out [her] hand and touche[s] the brushes"?
(a) In Rebecca's room in the west wing.
(b) In an art studio where Rebecca once worked.
(c) In Mrs. Danvers' room.
(d) In the garage where paints are stored.
2. What color dress does the narrator eventually wear top the ball?
3. What is the narrator's first reaction to Maxim's confession that he killed Rebecca?
4. How might Beatrice's driving be described?
(a) Fast, dangerous, not seeming to notice the chaos she causes.
(b) Fast, but careful and relatively safe.
(c) Sensible, driving always at an appropriate speed.
(d) Fast and skilful.
5. Where does the narrator stand to watch the drama of the grounded ship?
(a) She stays on the clifftop.
(b) She goes to the end of the breakwater, then goes to the clifftop.
(c) She stays in the house and looks out the window.
(d) She stays on the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frank visit the vicar?
2. Who saw Rebecca leave the note at Favell's flat?
3. What does Dr Baker reveal?
4. What is the "frightful word of six letters" to which the narrator refers?
5. Who discovers Baker's phone number?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)