|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces the arrival of Maxim's car?
(d) Mrs. Danvers.
2. What does the narrator realize about Frank?
(a) That he is in love with her.
(b) That he no longer believes in Maxim.
(c) That he knows Maxim killed Rebecca.
(d) That he will betray Maxim.
3. On reflection about past events, what deduction does the narrator make?
(a) That Ben witnessed the murder.
(b) That Frank witnessed the murder.
(c) That Colonel Julyan believes in the murder.
(d) That Jack Favell knows how to get his way.
4. What has changed concerning the relationship between the narrator and Mrs. Danvers?
(a) All power has gone out of the relationship.
(b) The power of Mrs. Danvers has grown stronger.
(c) The narrator has gained some power.
(d) The power roles are reversed.
5. According to Mrs. Danvers, why should Mrs. de Winter kill herself?
(a) It will make Rebecca happy.
(b) Max will never return to her because he really loves Rebecca.
(c) She'll go to Heaven where there are no troubles.
(d) Because Maxim does not love her, she's not happy and a misfit at Manderley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the shops in Layton closed?
2. What does the narrator not want her husband to know?
3. As the storm approaches, to what does the narrator liken the sea?
4. What do the rockets indicate?
5. What does Rebecca imply during her final confrontation with Maxim?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)