Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Favell want?
(a) To receive an annual income from Maxim, as blackmail.
(b) For Maxim to pay him a lump sum to go away.
(c) To give Maxim a note he received from Rebecca.
(d) Rebecca's money.
2. Who instructs Mrs. Danvers to lock Maxim and his wife in their room for the night?
(a) Colonel Julyan.
(b) Maxim de Winter.
(c) Mrs de Winter.
(d) Jack Favell.
3. Where does the narrator stand to watch the drama of the grounded ship?
(a) She goes to the end of the breakwater, then goes to the clifftop.
(b) She stays on the clifftop.
(c) She stays on the beach.
(d) She stays in the house and looks out the window.
4. What has tarnished the silver dresses?
(a) A bottle of furniture polish.
(b) Stale perfume of roses.
(d) The azalea scent, turned stale.
5. What are the qualities the narrator believes a person must have to be well-bred?
(a) An aristocratic pedigree.
(b) Pride and money.
(c) Pride and guts.
(d) A good accent and pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colonel Julyan not think it would help to write to the doctor about Rebecca's consultation?
2. Who is the unexpected visitor that Frith announces?
3. In what way does the narrator find Frank Crawley invaluable?
4. Who discovers Baker's phone number?
5. What does Colonel Julyan say about blackmail?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)