|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sort of mood is the narrator the morning after the fancy dress ball?
(a) She is exhausted.
(b) She is angry and depressed.
(c) She is in despair.
(d) She is tired and nervous.
2. What was Rebecca's attitude to doctors?
(a) She didn't trust them completely, but consulted them.
(b) She respected them.
(c) She despised them.
(d) She was indifferent to them.
3. What does the narrator's dream suggest?
(a) That she would like to be Rebecca.
(b) That she is spooked by Mrs. Danvers.
(c) That she is insecure about Maxim's feelings for her.
(d) That she likes walking in the forest.
4. What does Rebecca imply during her final confrontation with Maxim?
(a) That she is pregnant with Maxim's child.
(b) That she is pregnant with another man's child.
(c) That Maxim won't divorce her because she is pregnant.
(d) That Maxim is impotent.
5. What are Maxim's dominant feelings about his years with Rebecca?
(a) The shame of having to deceive his grandmother.
(b) His awe at Rebecca's beauty and cleverness.
(c) Knowing other man could have what he couldn't have.
(d) The shame and degradation from living a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxim tell his wife to do?
2. The tenor of his conversation at lunch makes it clear that Maxim . . .
3. Who is Colonel Julyan?
4. What does the Coroner say about Mr Tubb's workmanship?
5. What is Mr Tubb's opinion about the boat's sinking?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)