|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story is circulated regarding Mrs. de Winter's dress?
(a) That the dress was in the wrong color.
(b) That the dressmaker sent the wrong dress.
(c) That the dress was ruined by the maid.
(d) That the dress was too big and had to be returned.
2. What has tarnished the silver dresses?
(a) Stale perfume of roses.
(c) The azalea scent, turned stale.
(d) A bottle of furniture polish.
3. What is depicted on the postcard set on the doctor's mantelpiece?
(a) A picture of Lake Geneva.
(b) A picture of the Venice Lagoon.
(c) A picture of Lake Constance.
(d) A picture of Lake Como.
4. What are Maxim's dominant feelings about his years with Rebecca?
(a) The shame of having to deceive his grandmother.
(b) His awe at Rebecca's beauty and cleverness.
(c) The shame and degradation from living a lie.
(d) Knowing other man could have what he couldn't have.
5. What flower does a guest suggest the narrator represents, in her blue dress?
(a) A forget-me-not.
(b) An iris.
(c) Morning glory vine.
(d) A cornflower.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beatrice's theory about the holes in Rebecca's boat?
2. What is Mr Tubb's opinion about the boat's sinking?
3. What does Rebecca imply during her final confrontation with Maxim?
4. What does she believe about her relationship with Maxim?
5. What does Favell think will help Ben to remember him?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)