|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mrs Danvers give for her deception over the ball dress?
(a) She says it is something Rebecca would have done.
(b) She likes the feeling of power.
(c) She thinks Mrs. de Winter is a weak fool and therefore fair game.
(d) She wanted revenge because she believes Mrs. de Winter told her husband of Jack Favell's visit.
2. How many people from the ship are drowned?
(c) Three hundred.
3. In what area of London does Dr Baker live?
(a) Palmers Green in North London.
(c) Barnet in North London.
(d) Maida Vale in Central London.
4. What does the narrator realize about Frank?
(a) That he knows Maxim killed Rebecca.
(b) That he is in love with her.
(c) That he no longer believes in Maxim.
(d) That he will betray Maxim.
5. Why does the narrator tell Frank Crawley that Maxim did not come to bed?
(a) She wants him to find Max and intercede for her.
(b) She is overwrought and blurts it out unthinkingly.
(c) She wants Frank to feel sorry for her.
(d) She trusts him, so confides in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the unexpected visitor that Frith announces?
2. What explanation does Maxim give for the shipping disaster?
3. What is depicted on the postcard set on the doctor's mantelpiece?
4. What are Maxim's dominant feelings about his years with Rebecca?
5. What is Mrs. Danvers doing as she tells Mrs. de Winter about the night Rebecca died?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)