|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who instructs Mrs. Danvers to lock Maxim and his wife in their room for the night?
(a) Jack Favell.
(b) Maxim de Winter.
(c) Colonel Julyan.
(d) Mrs de Winter.
2. What does the narrator not want her husband to know?
(a) The way his grandmother behaved, wanting Rebecca.
(b) That the nurse is not looking after his grandmother properly.
(c) That Beatrice endangered her life in the car.
(d) That she visited his grandmother.
3. Why does Frank visit the vicar?
(a) To borrow his car.
(b) To confess what he knows about the murder.
(c) To arrange Rebecca's burial.
(d) To ask him for dinner.
4. How long ago did the narrator last use her dressing-case?
(a) A year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Four weeks.
5. Why is Beatrice unable to visit?
(a) She has to nurse Giles and Roger.
(b) She has the measles.
(c) She is too embarrassed.
(d) The family is in quarantine due to the measles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is a diver employed?
2. What does Maxim tell his wife at last?
3. Who saw Rebecca leave the note at Favell's flat?
4. On reflection about past events, what deduction does the narrator make?
5. What has changed concerning the relationship between the narrator and Mrs. Danvers?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)