|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maxim's Gran believe are the three most important qualities in a wife?
(a) Breeding, bearing and beauty,
(b) Breeding, brains and beauty.
(c) Fertility, feistiness and fearlessness.
(d) Archness, aristocracy and acumen.
2. What color is the coverlet on Rebecca's bed?
(a) Purple and gold.
(c) Gold and Chinese red.
3. Why is a diver employed?
(a) To look for survivors.
(b) To inspect the damaged hull of the ship.
(c) To make a report on damage to the reef.
(d) To salvage items from the ship's safe.
4. What story is circulated regarding Mrs. de Winter's dress?
(a) That the dress was in the wrong color.
(b) That the dress was ruined by the maid.
(c) That the dressmaker sent the wrong dress.
(d) That the dress was too big and had to be returned.
5. What does Favell want?
(a) Rebecca's money.
(b) To receive an annual income from Maxim, as blackmail.
(c) To give Maxim a note he received from Rebecca.
(d) For Maxim to pay him a lump sum to go away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Coroner say about Mr Tubb's workmanship?
2. Ben offers the narrator some winkles. What are winkles?
3. How many people from the ship are drowned?
4. What does the narrator realize about Frank?
5. What shocks does Maxim claim to have suffered?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)