|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saw Rebecca leave the note at Favell's flat?
(a) Rebecca's chauffeur.
(b) A housemaid.
(c) A cab driver.
(d) The porter.
2. Why does the narrator tell Frank Crawley that Maxim did not come to bed?
(a) She trusts him, so confides in him.
(b) She is overwrought and blurts it out unthinkingly.
(c) She wants him to find Max and intercede for her.
(d) She wants Frank to feel sorry for her.
3. Why does Frank visit the vicar?
(a) To borrow his car.
(b) To confess what he knows about the murder.
(c) To arrange Rebecca's burial.
(d) To ask him for dinner.
4. How long ago did the narrator last use her dressing-case?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) A year.
(d) Four months.
5. As the storm approaches, to what does the narrator liken the sea?
(a) A black snake.
(b) A duckpond.
(c) A black lake.
(d) A blue lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator's entrance to the ball announced?
2. Who is the unexpected visitor that Frith announces?
3. The tenor of his conversation at lunch makes it clear that Maxim . . .
4. What does Mrs. Danvers suggest to the narrator?
5. In what way does the narrator find Frank Crawley invaluable?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)