|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Maxim's dominant feelings about his years with Rebecca?
(a) The shame and degradation from living a lie.
(b) The shame of having to deceive his grandmother.
(c) His awe at Rebecca's beauty and cleverness.
(d) Knowing other man could have what he couldn't have.
2. What does the Coroner say about Mr Tubb's workmanship?
(a) He condemns it as being responsible for the accident.
(b) He says it is excellent and was not to blame for the accident.
(c) He says it is excellent and he would like him to work on his wife's boat.
(d) He says it is irrelevant.
3. What has changed concerning the relationship between the narrator and Mrs. Danvers?
(a) All power has gone out of the relationship.
(b) The power roles are reversed.
(c) The power of Mrs. Danvers has grown stronger.
(d) The narrator has gained some power.
4. What is the narrator's first reaction to Maxim's confession that he killed Rebecca?
5. What has tarnished the silver dresses?
(b) A bottle of furniture polish.
(c) The azalea scent, turned stale.
(d) Stale perfume of roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Max feel about speaking to the press?
2. What does Favell think will help Ben to remember him?
3. Who instructs Mrs. Danvers to lock Maxim and his wife in their room for the night?
4. In what sort of mood is the narrator the morning after the fancy dress ball?
5. What prevents Beatrice going to London with them all?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)