|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Colonel Julyan's hope concerning Jack Favell?
(a) That he will be run over by a bus.
(b) That he will wake up to himself.
(c) That he has overslept.
(d) That he will remember to bring Rebecca's note.
2. What is the "frightful word of six letters" to which the narrator refers?
3. What costume does Max choose for the ball?
(a) Max will be dressed as Julius Caesar.
(b) Max will be going as Riahard III.
(c) Max will be dressed as a shepherd.
(d) Max never wears fancy dress; he's in evening clothes.
4. Where does the narrator stand to watch the drama of the grounded ship?
(a) She goes to the end of the breakwater, then goes to the clifftop.
(b) She stays on the clifftop.
(c) She stays on the beach.
(d) She stays in the house and looks out the window.
5. What explanation does Maxim give for the shipping disaster?
(a) He believes the ship had not taken a pilot on board.
(b) He believes the ship's captain was drunk.
(c) He believes the ship mistook the bay for Kerrith Harbour.
(d) He believes the ship had tried to avoid smugglers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the unexpected visitor that Frith announces?
2. What does Favell think will help Ben to remember him?
3. What does Rebecca imply during her final confrontation with Maxim?
4. Ben offers the narrator some winkles. What are winkles?
5. How might Beatrice's driving be described?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)