|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What flower does a guest suggest the narrator represents, in her blue dress?
(a) A cornflower.
(b) A forget-me-not.
(c) An iris.
(d) Morning glory vine.
2. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
(a) To dress up and get drunk at parties.
(b) To kill enemies.
(c) To dress up in some sort of disguise.
(d) To disguise intentions if feeling threatened.
3. Why is a diver employed?
(a) To inspect the damaged hull of the ship.
(b) To salvage items from the ship's safe.
(c) To make a report on damage to the reef.
(d) To look for survivors.
4. What costume does Max choose for the ball?
(a) Max will be dressed as a shepherd.
(b) Max never wears fancy dress; he's in evening clothes.
(c) Max will be going as Riahard III.
(d) Max will be dressed as Julius Caesar.
5. Why does Frank visit the vicar?
(a) To confess what he knows about the murder.
(b) To arrange Rebecca's burial.
(c) To borrow his car.
(d) To ask him for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Favell think will help Ben to remember him?
2. Who is Captain Searle?
3. What does Maxim ask Frank to do?
4. What prevents Beatrice going to London with them all?
5. What is the "frightful word of six letters" to which the narrator refers?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)