Short Answer Key
1. In her dream of Manderley, the narrator stands . . .
By an iron gate leading to the drive.
2. In her dream, to whom does the narrator call?
3. What gives the impression of a church archway?
The mingled branches of beech trees.
4. What color is the stone of which Manderley is built?
5. What is an appropriate word to use for the dream picture of Manderley's grounds and garden?
6. What can moonlight do, according to the narrator?
Moonlight can play odd tricks upon the fancy.
7. How had they left the library door?
8. Who is Jasper?
9. What is it that the narrator describes as like a dark hand?
A cloud in front of the moon.
10. Overall, what does this description show the reader about Manderley?
That it is a ruin,...
This section contains 2,636 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)