Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Chapter 1
1. In her dream of Manderley, the narrator stands . . .
2. In her dream, to whom does the narrator call?
3. What gives the impression of a church archway?
4. What color is the stone of which Manderley is built?
5. What is an appropriate word to use for the dream picture of Manderley's grounds and garden?
6. What can moonlight do, according to the narrator?
7. How had they left the library door?
8. Who is Jasper?
9. What is it that the narrator describes as like a dark hand?
10. Overall, what does this description show the reader about Manderley?
11. In happier times, where did they take tea?
This section contains 1,852 words|
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)