|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Colonel Julyan?
(a) A famous lawyer from London.
(b) The magistrate for Kerrith.
(c) A distant relative of Rebecca's.
(d) The magistrate for Penwith.
2. How had they left the library door?
(a) Locked carefully.
(c) Half open.
3. What story is circulated regarding Mrs. de Winter's dress?
(a) That the dressmaker sent the wrong dress.
(b) That the dress was too big and had to be returned.
(c) That the dress was in the wrong color.
(d) That the dress was ruined by the maid.
4. Which of these statements is true of Mrs Van Hopper?
(a) She is assertive and interesting.
(b) She is pushy, tactless, insensitive and boring,
(c) She likes matchmaking.
(d) She is refined and courteous.
5. How does the narrator define happiness?
(a) She says happiness is at Manderley.
(b) She says it is a quality of thought, a state of mind.
(c) She says it can be achieved through hard work.
(d) She suggests happiness is unattainable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Colonel Julyan not think it would help to write to the doctor about Rebecca's consultation?
2. Who instructs Mrs. Danvers to lock Maxim and his wife in their room for the night?
3. Jasper is what breed of dog?
4. What is the "frightful word of six letters" to which the narrator refers?
5. In happier times, where did they take tea?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)