|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does the narrator think Max de Winter belongs?
(a) On the cover of a magazine like Tatler.
(b) In an imposing London bank building.
(c) At Palm Beach in Florida.
(d) A fifteenth century walled city.
2. How does the narrator react to Maxim's invitation to lunch with him?
(a) She is excited at being invited to lunch with someone so important.
(b) She says nothing and goes quietly to his table.
(c) She thinks he is just being polite and that her presence would spoil his lunch.
(d) She is disturbed because he is flirting with her.
3. What does the narrator find in the pocket of the car?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A cache of love-letters.
(c) Rebecca's gloves.
(d) A well-thumbed novel.
4. What quality of the narrator's does Maxim de Winter value?
(a) Her ability to lie to Mrs Van Hopper.
(b) Her beautiful fingernails.
(c) Her unspoiled youth.
(d) Her sophistication and dress sense.
5. Where is the narrator when Jack Favell discovers her?
(a) In the stone passageway.
(b) Behind her study door.
(c) In the cottage.
(d) Behind the door to the morning room.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the storm approaches, to what does the narrator liken the sea?
2. Who opens the car door for the narrator?
3. What does Beatrice suggest the narrator do in the morning?
4. In her morning reverie, how does the protagonist/narrator depict life at Manderley?
5. In happier times, where did they take tea?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)