|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Mrs Van Hopper's conversation with Max de Winter?
(a) A page-boy brings a letter for Maxim.
(b) Mrs Van Hopper falls ill.
(c) Max spills coffee all over the narrator.
(d) A page-boy tells Mrs Van Hopper that a dressmaker is waiting.
2. What does Mrs Van Hopper think the narrator will like about New York?
(a) Friends, the theatre and Central Park in June.
(b) There will be boys, excitement and her own set of friends.
(c) The shopping in Bloomingdale's.
(d) There will be boys and jazz clubs.
3. How are the desk pigeonholes labeled?
(a) In Mrs Danvers' handwriting.
(b) In Rebecca's handwriting.
(c) In typewritten courier font.
(d) In copperplate engraving.
4. What does the narrator believe to be inevitable in everyone's life?
(a) A trial of wills.
(b) The moment of death.
(c) A moment of trial.
(d) The death of a friend.
5. What Monte Carlo attraction will Mrs Van Hopper miss by leaving early?
(a) Her bridge club.
(b) A reception with the Grimaldis.
(c) The Ballet.
(d) A opera performance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the man the narrator meets on the beach?
2. In her dream of Manderley, the narrator stands . . .
3. What annoys and astonishes Mrs Van Hopper?
4. What does the narrator read in Frank Crawley's eyes?
5. What object is Robert suspected of stealing?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)