|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition is the sofa-bed in the boathouse?
(a) It is stained with blood.
(b) It has been reupholstered.
(c) It has been nibbled by mice and rats--not in good condition.
(d) It is ripped open
2. What fruit does the narrator anticipate being served at tea?
(a) Strawberries and cream.
(b) Fresh raspberries.
3. Why does the narrator value boredom?
(a) She doesn't value it at all and is restless.
(b) It is a pleasant antidote to fear.
(c) It gives her time to write her novel.
(d) There'll be excitement later when she reads the cricket scores.
4. Why is Beatrice unable to visit?
(a) She has to nurse Giles and Roger.
(b) She has the measles.
(c) She is too embarrassed.
(d) The family is in quarantine due to the measles.
5. Why are the shops in Layton closed?
(a) It is early closing day.
(b) As a mark of respect to Rebecca.
(c) It is Sunday.
(d) The shopowners have all gone to the inquest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What costume does Maxim de Winter suggest his wife wear to the fancy dress ball?
2. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
3. The tenor of his conversation at lunch makes it clear that Maxim . . .
4. What can moonlight do, according to the narrator?
5. Why does the narrator feel comfortable with her maid Clarice?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)