|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
(a) To disguise intentions if feeling threatened.
(b) To dress up and get drunk at parties.
(c) To dress up in some sort of disguise.
(d) To kill enemies.
2. How is Manderley's drive different from how the narrator imagined it?
(a) It seems neglected, needs resurfacing.
(b) There are no trees lining it.
(c) The gravel is red, not white.
(d) It is not wide and straight, but narrow and serpentine.
3. What does the narrator's dream suggest?
(a) That she likes walking in the forest.
(b) That she is spooked by Mrs. Danvers.
(c) That she would like to be Rebecca.
(d) That she is insecure about Maxim's feelings for her.
4. What is Mr Tubb's opinion about the boat's sinking?
(a) He says part of the hull was sawn off.
(b) He says it was deliberately scuttled.
(c) He says someone tampered with the boat when it was moored.
(d) He says Rebecca was unusually careless.
5. Who is responsible for attending to the narrator's letters?
(a) Frith, the butler.
(b) Mrs. Danvers.
(c) Maxim de Winter.
(d) Robert, the footman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca imply during her final confrontation with Maxim?
2. How does the narrator react to Maxim's invitation to lunch with him?
3. What was the quality of Mrs Danvers' smile?
4. What fruit does the narrator anticipate being served at tea?
5. How do the de Winters travel from London to Manderley?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)