|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sort of mood is the narrator the morning after the fancy dress ball?
(a) She is angry and depressed.
(b) She is tired and nervous.
(c) She is exhausted.
(d) She is in despair.
2. What does Maxim tell his wife to do?
(a) To fetch Mrs. Danvers.
(b) To go upstairs and stay there out of sight.
(c) To go and get changed before anyone arrives.
(d) Accompany him to the library.
3. How does the narrator react to Maxim's invitation to lunch with him?
(a) She is disturbed because he is flirting with her.
(b) She says nothing and goes quietly to his table.
(c) She is excited at being invited to lunch with someone so important.
(d) She thinks he is just being polite and that her presence would spoil his lunch.
4. In what way does the narrator disobey her husband?
(a) She takes off her raincoat.
(b) She lets the dog run away.
(c) She puts Jasper on a leash.
(d) She goes looking for the dog Jasper.
5. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
(a) To kill enemies.
(b) To disguise intentions if feeling threatened.
(c) To dress up and get drunk at parties.
(d) To dress up in some sort of disguise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator tell Frank Crawley that Maxim did not come to bed?
2. What does the Coroner say about Mr Tubb's workmanship?
3. What object does Ben attempt to hide from the narrator?
4. What comment does Maxim make about Beatrice?
5. What story is circulated regarding Mrs. de Winter's dress?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)