|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For the narrator, what gives "a glow about [her] morning"?
(a) The pleasure of wearing Max's coat.
(b) The pleasure of driving in the car with Max.
(c) Getting away from Mrs Van Hopper.
(d) Her new makeup.
2. What excuse does the narrator give to Mrs. Danvers?
(a) She says she is looking for a book.
(b) She says she has lost her key.
(c) She says she has a headache.
(d) She says she has lost her way.
3. What does Beatrice suggest the narrator do in the morning?
(a) She should sack Mrs. Danvers.
(b) She should apologize to Maxim.
(c) She should have a good lie-in, with breakfast in bed.
(d) She should get up early and talk to Max.
4. Of what is Rebecca's vase made?
(c) Ming china.
(d) Poker work.
5. How does Beatrice greet the narrator?
(a) She kisses the narrator and shakes hands.
(b) She shakes hands and kisses the narrator on each cheek.
(c) She shakes hands firmly.
(d) She looks at her coldly and extends a cold, moist hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what setting does the narrator think Max de Winter belongs?
2. Which things are permanent, according to the narrator?
3. What enjoyable holiday does the bishop's wife mention?
4. How does the narrator feel about visiting Maxim's grandmother?
5. Who opens the car door for the narrator?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)