|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her dream of Manderley, the narrator stands . . .
(a) At the window of Rebecca's room.
(b) By a wooden gate leading to the drive.
(c) At the door of the boatshed.
(d) By an iron gate leading to the drive.
2. How is the narrator reminded of an English spring?
(a) Through old copies of the magazine Field.
(b) By looking through her photograph album.
(c) Through conversations with Maxim.
(d) Through news of England on the radio.
3. What is meant by "Jasper has gone to the happy hunting grounds"?
(a) Jasper is dead.
(b) Jasper is a good hunting dog.
(c) Jasper is frisky.
(d) Jasper is out hunting for rabbits.
4. What does Maxim tell his wife about the east wing?
(a) It is pleasant and has a good view of the shrubbery.
(b) It is haunted and he never goes there.
(c) It is more cheerful and has a lovely view of the rose garden.
(d) It is a good place to raise a family.
5. Who opens the car door for the narrator?
(b) The butler.
(c) Mrs. Danvers.
(d) She opens it herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator react to Maxim's invitation to lunch with him?
2. What excuse does the narrator give to Mrs. Danvers?
3. What was the quality of Mrs Danvers' smile?
4. What does the leather book contain?
5. Who does Max describe as being "invariably late for dinner"?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)