|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie about her morning activities does the narrator tell Mrs Van Hopper?
(a) She tells Mrs Van Hopper she went for a walk.
(b) She says she went to the casino.
(c) She says she has been playing tennis with the professional.
(d) She says she has been playing golf with the professional.
2. How long after her drowning was Rebecca's body found?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
3. What does the narrator find in the pocket of the car?
(a) A cache of love-letters.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) Rebecca's gloves.
(d) A well-thumbed novel.
4. About what is the narrator especially knowledgeable?
(a) Breeding partridges.
(b) The history of Manderley.
(c) The English countryside.
5. What object is Robert suspected of stealing?
(a) A small painting.
(b) An alabaster vase belonging to Rebecca.
(c) A statue of Neptune taming a seahorse.
(d) A china cupid figurine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxim tell his wife about the east wing?
2. How does Beatrice greet the narrator?
3. Who is responsible for attending to the narrator's letters?
4. To what does the word "gaucherie" refer?
5. What comment does Maxim make about Beatrice?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)