|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Mrs Danvers' face remind the narrator?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A fox.
(c) A ferret.
(d) A skull.
2. What excuse does the narrator give to Mrs. Danvers?
(a) She says she has lost her way.
(b) She says she has a headache.
(c) She says she is looking for a book.
(d) She says she has lost her key.
3. What does the narrator find in the pocket of the car?
(a) Rebecca's gloves.
(b) A well-thumbed novel.
(c) A cache of love-letters.
(d) A book of poetry.
4. Who does Max describe as being "invariably late for dinner"?
(b) King Ethelred the Unready.
(c) Mrs Van Hopper.
(d) King Alfred.
5. For the narrator, what gives "a glow about [her] morning"?
(a) The pleasure of driving in the car with Max.
(b) The pleasure of wearing Max's coat.
(c) Getting away from Mrs Van Hopper.
(d) Her new makeup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie about her morning activities does the narrator tell Mrs Van Hopper?
2. What interesting sight does the narrator remember seeing in Monaco?
3. What is meant by "Jasper has gone to the happy hunting grounds"?
4. What was the quality of Mrs Danvers' smile?
5. What gives the impression of a church archway?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)