|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fault in Mrs Van Hopper changes the narrator's destiny?
(a) Her loud voice.
(b) Her terrible taste in shoes.
(c) Her snobbishness.
(d) Her greediness.
2. What quality of the narrator's does Maxim de Winter value?
(a) Her unspoiled youth.
(b) Her beautiful fingernails.
(c) Her ability to lie to Mrs Van Hopper.
(d) Her sophistication and dress sense.
3. As she flees into the interior of the house, who does the narrator encounter in the passageway?
(a) A housemaid.
(c) Mrs. Danvers.
(d) A scullery maid.
4. What color is the stone of which Manderley is built?
5. How far away do Beatrice and Giles live?
(a) Fifty miles away.
(b) Two hundred miles away.
(c) Forty miles away.
(d) Fifteen miles away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the meal with Mrs Van Hopper eaten in silence?
2. About what is the narrator especially knowledgeable?
3. What special privilege does Max extend to the narrator?
4. What does the leather book contain?
5. How does the narrator feel about playing bridge?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)