|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about the man the narrator meets on the beach?
(a) His clothes are ragged.
(b) He has a mental disability: he is an idiot in the true sense of the word.
(c) He talks incoherently.
(d) He looks like Maxim's evil twin.
2. Why does the narrator value boredom?
(a) She doesn't value it at all and is restless.
(b) There'll be excitement later when she reads the cricket scores.
(c) It gives her time to write her novel.
(d) It is a pleasant antidote to fear.
3. What does the leather book contain?
(a) Detailed accounts.
(b) Details about guests at Manderley.
(c) Details about Rebecca's lovers.
(d) A yearly menu plan.
4. What excuse does the narrator give to Mrs. Danvers?
(a) She says she has a headache.
(b) She says she has lost her way.
(c) She says she has lost her key.
(d) She says she is looking for a book.
5. What does Maxim tell Mrs Van Hopper about his valet?
(a) He says he does not have a valet.
(b) He says his valet gossips.
(c) He says he does not like travelling alone and the valet is company.
(d) He says that he overpays his valet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator find in the pocket of the car?
2. What does Mrs. Danvers offer to do?
3. What is meant by "Jasper has gone to the happy hunting grounds"?
4. What does Mrs Van Hopper think the narrator will like about New York?
5. How does Mrs Van Hopper misjudge the conversation with Maxim de Winter?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)