|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does the narrator anticipate being served at tea?
(a) Fresh raspberries.
(c) Strawberries and cream.
2. What fault in Mrs Van Hopper changes the narrator's destiny?
(a) Her snobbishness.
(b) Her terrible taste in shoes.
(c) Her greediness.
(d) Her loud voice.
3. What sort of woman does the narrator crave to be?
(a) Thirty-six years old and dressed in black satin and pearls.
(b) Witty and university educated.
(c) Older and wiser like Mrs Van Hopper.
(d) Thirty and more grown-up.
4. What does Maxim tell Mrs Van Hopper about his valet?
(a) He says that he overpays his valet.
(b) He says he does not like travelling alone and the valet is company.
(c) He says he does not have a valet.
(d) He says his valet gossips.
5. Who is Jasper?
(a) The narrator's cat.
(b) Rebecca's dog.
(c) Maxim's dog.
(d) A ferret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an appropriate word to use for the dream picture of Manderley's grounds and garden?
2. What quality of the narrator's does Maxim de Winter value?
3. What lie about her morning activities does the narrator tell Mrs Van Hopper?
4. Identify the figurative language in the phrase "lies like an empty shell."
5. To what does the word "gaucherie" refer?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)