|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rebecca imply during her final confrontation with Maxim?
(a) That Maxim won't divorce her because she is pregnant.
(b) That she is pregnant with Maxim's child.
(c) That Maxim is impotent.
(d) That she is pregnant with another man's child.
2. For the narrator, what gives "a glow about [her] morning"?
(a) The pleasure of wearing Max's coat.
(b) The pleasure of driving in the car with Max.
(c) Her new makeup.
(d) Getting away from Mrs Van Hopper.
3. What color dress does the narrator eventually wear top the ball?
4. What do the rockets indicate?
(a) That two ships have collided in the fog.
(b) That a ship has collided with the wharf and destroyed it.
(c) That a ship has gone ashore/run aground in the bay.
(d) That a member of the Royal Family has died.
5. Whose things are in the boathouse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Identify the figurative language in the phrase "lies like an empty shell."
2. What color is the coverlet on Rebecca's bed?
3. What does Maxim ask Frank to do?
4. What flower does a guest suggest the narrator represents, in her blue dress?
5. What does Favell want?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)