|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her former life, about what was the narrator sometimes worried?
(a) The difficulty of getting good servants.
(b) The waste of food at Manderley.
(c) The poor quality of food at Manderley.
(d) The waste of angel cake at Manderley.
2. What quality of the narrator's does Maxim de Winter value?
(a) Her sophistication and dress sense.
(b) Her beautiful fingernails.
(c) Her unspoiled youth.
(d) Her ability to lie to Mrs Van Hopper.
3. What does Maxim tell Mrs Van Hopper about his valet?
(a) He says his valet gossips.
(b) He says he does not like travelling alone and the valet is company.
(c) He says he does not have a valet.
(d) He says that he overpays his valet.
4. What special privilege does Max extend to the narrator?
(a) He allows her to drive his car.
(b) He allows her to call him Max.
(c) He allows/wants her to call him by his family's name for him: Maxim.
(d) He allows her to wear his coat.
5. What Monte Carlo attraction will Mrs Van Hopper miss by leaving early?
(a) A opera performance.
(b) The Ballet.
(c) A reception with the Grimaldis.
(d) Her bridge club.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about playing bridge?
2. Who is responsible for attending to the narrator's letters?
3. What interesting sight does the narrator remember seeing in Monaco?
4. How does Beatrice announce that she will be coming to lunch?
5. On what floor of the hotel building is Max's suite?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)