|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's attitude to the age-gap between herself and Maxim?
(a) She thinks it is a big barrier to their happiness.
(b) She thinks it will matter in the future.
(c) She thinks Maxim is more like a father as he is so much older.
(d) She thinks age doesn't mean anything in marriage.
2. What interrupts Mrs Van Hopper's conversation with Max de Winter?
(a) Mrs Van Hopper falls ill.
(b) Max spills coffee all over the narrator.
(c) A page-boy brings a letter for Maxim.
(d) A page-boy tells Mrs Van Hopper that a dressmaker is waiting.
3. Of what is Rebecca's vase made?
(a) Ming china.
(d) Poker work.
4. What annoys and astonishes Mrs Van Hopper?
(a) Her realizaton that the narrator isn't excited about going to New York.
(b) The difficulty of packing for the trip.
(c) Her realization that the narrator is happy in Europe.
(d) That little Nancy might have appendicitis.
5. How might Beatrice's driving be described?
(a) Fast and skilful.
(b) Fast, but careful and relatively safe.
(c) Sensible, driving always at an appropriate speed.
(d) Fast, dangerous, not seeming to notice the chaos she causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator do with the pieces of the figurine?
2. How does the narrator feel about playing bridge?
3. Where does Maxim propose to take the narrator for their honeymoon?
4. How does the narrator respond to Maxim's note?
5. How does the narrator feel about visiting Maxim's grandmother?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)