|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does the narrator give to Mrs. Danvers?
(a) She says she has a headache.
(b) She says she is looking for a book.
(c) She says she has lost her key.
(d) She says she has lost her way.
2. What Monte Carlo attraction will Mrs Van Hopper miss by leaving early?
(a) A reception with the Grimaldis.
(b) A opera performance.
(c) The Ballet.
(d) Her bridge club.
3. On what floor of the hotel building is Max's suite?
(a) It is on the seventh floor.
(b) It's on the second floor.
(c) It is on the third floor.
(d) It is on Level 148.
4. How does the narrator respond to Maxim's note?
(a) She reads it but does not send a reply.
(b) She is excited and hides the note from Mrs Van Hopper.
(c) She is shocked and destroys the note.
(d) She reads it and replies at once.
5. How does the narrator feel about visiting Maxim's grandmother?
(a) She thinks it will be a waste of time.
(b) She is bored by the idea but goes along with it politely.
(c) She is very much in favor of it.
(d) She is irritated at Beatrice asking her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs Van Hopper ask the narrator to fetch from her room?
2. With what does Mrs Van Hopper compare Manderley?
3. How does the narrator feel about playing bridge?
4. What did the narrator do with the pieces of the figurine?
5. Why does the narrator feel comfortable with her maid Clarice?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)