|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has changed concerning the relationship between the narrator and Mrs. Danvers?
(a) The narrator has gained some power.
(b) All power has gone out of the relationship.
(c) The power of Mrs. Danvers has grown stronger.
(d) The power roles are reversed.
2. Who opens the car door for the narrator?
(a) She opens it herself.
(b) The butler.
(c) Mrs. Danvers.
3. What does Maxim tell his wife about the east wing?
(a) It is more cheerful and has a lovely view of the rose garden.
(b) It is haunted and he never goes there.
(c) It is a good place to raise a family.
(d) It is pleasant and has a good view of the shrubbery.
4. How is Manderley's drive different from how the narrator imagined it?
(a) There are no trees lining it.
(b) It is not wide and straight, but narrow and serpentine.
(c) It seems neglected, needs resurfacing.
(d) The gravel is red, not white.
5. What does Mrs. Danvers suggest to the narrator?
(a) That it is time they both had a break and went downstairs.
(b) That she wear Rebecca's clothes.
(c) That Rebecca is her spirit guide.
(d) That Rebecca haunts Manderley.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long would Rebecca have her hair brushed?
2. What is Mrs. Danvers doing as she tells Mrs. de Winter about the night Rebecca died?
3. Who is Colonel Julyan?
4. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
5. What is the name of Rebecca's boat, as written on the name board?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)