|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the de Winters travel from London to Manderley?
(a) They travel by sailboat.
(b) They take a train from Euston.
(c) They travel by car.
(d) They take the train from Victoria station.
2. What is the name of Rebecca's boat, as written on the name board?
(a) Je Reviens.
(b) Je t'aime.
(d) Jete, jete!
3. What does Mrs. Danvers suggest to the narrator?
(a) That it is time they both had a break and went downstairs.
(b) That Rebecca haunts Manderley.
(c) That Rebecca is her spirit guide.
(d) That she wear Rebecca's clothes.
4. What does Maxim tell his wife about the east wing?
(a) It is more cheerful and has a lovely view of the rose garden.
(b) It is pleasant and has a good view of the shrubbery.
(c) It is haunted and he never goes there.
(d) It is a good place to raise a family.
5. For how long would Rebecca have her hair brushed?
(a) Twenty minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Colonel Julyan?
2. What color is the coverlet on Rebecca's bed?
3. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
4. What is Mrs. Danvers doing as she tells Mrs. de Winter about the night Rebecca died?
5. How does Max feel about speaking to the press?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)