|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mrs. Danvers doing as she tells Mrs. de Winter about the night Rebecca died?
(a) She has hold of Mrs. de Winter's arm to the extent of bruising it.
(b) She is pacing around the room like a mad thing.
(c) She has hold of Mrs. de Winter's hands and is staring fiercely into her eyes.
(d) She is looking out the window at the sea below the house.
2. What color is the coverlet on Rebecca's bed?
(b) Purple and gold.
(d) Gold and Chinese red.
3. For how long would Rebecca have her hair brushed?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) Twenty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
4. Of what does Mrs Danvers' face remind the narrator?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A ferret.
(c) A fox.
(d) A skull.
5. Jasper is what breed of dog?
(a) A border collie.
(b) A cocker spaniel.
(c) A corgi.
(d) A King Charles spaniel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Manderley's drive different from how the narrator imagined it?
2. Where is the narrator when she puts "out [her] hand and touche[s] the brushes"?
3. What does Frank consider to be a universal instinct?
4. Who opens the car door for the narrator?
5. What does Mrs. Danvers suggest to the narrator?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)