Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The narrator recounts her dream of Manderley.
* The narrator contrasts the warm and happy place with the one that has now been abandoned.
* The narrator explains that she now lives at a hotel far away from Manderley.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* The narrator continues her nostalgic thoughts of Manderley.
* The narrator describes the day-to-day life that...
This section contains 2,611 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)