|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remembers when this all will be again at the end of the book?
(a) Bill Door.
(c) Windle Poons.
2. What kind of weapon does Bill Door use in the book?
(a) A scythe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A rope.
3. What does the Archchancellor claim he believes the compost heap to be made of?
4. What does Death change his realm's landscape to at the end of the book?
(a) The ocean.
(c) A river.
(d) Corn fields.
5. What does everyone at the dance call Death near the end of the book?
(a) Ole Sam.
(b) Good Old Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth he regrets when he realizes he is about to die?
2. Who does Death send away at the end of the book?
3. Who does Bill Door say is the only person with a hot enough furnace for him to use to fulfill his goals?
4. Who is sitting on a beam and talks to Bill Door after his lifetimer empties?
5. Who stays behind in the room and struggles against pink tubing so others can escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Death's visit to a flower shop described?
2. How does Windle Poons break into the library of the Unseen University?
3. What is in Miss Flitworth's three chests she keeps on her dresser?
4. What does Windle Poons decide about what it means for a city to be alive?
5. What does Windle Poons say he has learned about himself after dying at the end of the book?
6. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth about the nature of borrowed time?
7. How is the combination harvester first described?
8. How does Miss Flitworth learn that Bill Door is really Death?
9. How does Bill Door race the combination harvester?
10. How does Bill Door feel about the person who replaced him as the persona of Death?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)