|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What room does Windle Poons break into at the Unseen University?
(a) His office.
(b) The library.
(c) The dean's office.
(d) The cafeteria.
2. What does Bill Door feel for the first time after reaping a lot of corn in the book?
(a) Sick and exhausted.
3. What does Bill Door become when his lifetimer is empty?
(a) A demon.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A zombie.
(d) A vampire.
4. What is the small piece of Death that escapes and survives?
(d) Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler.
5. What does Bill Door flee into after his lifetimer empties?
(a) A car.
(b) An elevator.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A smithy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who glories in using his magic to destroy trolleys, but is unsuccessful?
2. What kind of alcohol casks cause the barn that Bill Door was staying in to blow up?
3. What does Miss Flitworth realize has changed about her looks after Death reveals she has died?
4. What color marble does Ludmilla find under the pyramid?
5. What does everyone at the dance call Death near the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Death and Miss Flitworth's dancing at the harvest dance described?
2. What does Windle Poons decide about what it means for a city to be alive?
3. Why can't Bill Door pick up his scythe when he becomes a ghost?
4. What is the nature of the leaflets Windle Poons finds coming from the top of the pyramid?
5. How do the wizards react when the trolleys begin increasing in number?
6. What favor does Windle Poons ask of Mrs. Cake before wandering off in the book?
7. How does Bill Door become Death once again?
8. What is the nature of Bill Door's request for Ned Simnel to destroy his scythe?
9. How does Bill Door race the combination harvester?
10. How is Death's visit to a flower shop described?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)