|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town blacksmith?
(b) Ned Simnel.
(d) Reg Shoe.
2. Whose curse words first turn into small flying creatures?
(d) Reg Shoe.
3. What do the wizards shout when coming to save Windle Poons?
(d) See you.
4. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth that borrowed time is when he tells her he is also living on it?
(a) Fairly common.
5. Who glories in using his magic to destroy trolleys, but is unsuccessful?
(a) The Patrician.
(b) The Dean.
(c) The Archchancellor.
(d) The Bursar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Door feel for the first time after reaping a lot of corn in the book?
2. What does Bill Door explain that the little girl he saved from a fire is living on?
3. What does Bill Door believe the new incarnation of Death lacks?
4. Which of the following things does Bill Door NOT use to sharpen his weapon on?
5. Who does Bill Door say is the only person with a hot enough furnace for him to use to fulfill his goals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What favor does Windle Poons ask of Mrs. Cake before wandering off in the book?
2. What does Windle Poons say he has learned about himself after dying at the end of the book?
3. How does Death retrieve the Fear of Offer diamond?
4. Why can't Bill Door pick up his scythe when he becomes a ghost?
5. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth about the nature of borrowed time?
6. How does Windle Poons break into the library of the Unseen University?
7. What is the nature of the leaflets Windle Poons finds coming from the top of the pyramid?
8. How do Miss Flitworth and Bill Door try to save their harvest during a hailstorm?
9. How is Death and Miss Flitworth's dancing at the harvest dance described?
10. How does Bill Door race the combination harvester?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)