|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person Bill Door hires to destroy his scythe first try to destroy it with?
2. Who appears to Death after he sends a friend away at the end of the book?
(c) Miss Flitworth.
(d) Reg Shoe.
3. Which of the following things does Bill Door NOT use to sharpen his weapon on?
(a) The first rays of dawn.
4. Who wonders if the ants inside the pyramid have a queen?
5. What does Miss Flitworth realize Bill Door's arm really is when she touches it?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the leaflets littering much of the city say after the hive is destroyed?
2. Who wonders how something in the pyramid is alive if it is so rectangular?
3. Which of the following characters do not investigate the things showering from the top of the pyramid?
4. Who glories in using his magic to destroy trolleys, but is unsuccessful?
5. What kind of weather do Bill Door and Miss Flitworth endure while trying to collect their harvest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Cake tell Windle Poons about the imbalance of life force between the present world and the astral?
2. How is Death and Miss Flitworth's dancing at the harvest dance described?
3. How is Mrs. Cake's séance with One-Man-Bucket described?
4. What does Miss Flitworth do when Death reveals she is dead?
5. What is the nature of Bill Door's request for Ned Simnel to destroy his scythe?
6. How is Death's meeting with the Auditors atop a mountain described?
7. How is the combination harvester first described?
8. What is in Miss Flitworth's three chests she keeps on her dresser?
9. How do Miss Flitworth and Bill Door try to save their harvest during a hailstorm?
10. What favor does Windle Poons ask of Mrs. Cake before wandering off in the book?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)