|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Windle Poons ask Mrs. Cake to look after for him when he is ready to die?
(b) The Dean.
2. Which of the following demands does Bill Door NOT make regarding a little girl, after he saves her from a fire?
(a) There must be no magic.
(b) Everyone must stay with her.
(c) No one can remove anything from the girl.
(d) Someone must fetch an apothocary.
3. Who glories in using his magic to destroy trolleys, but is unsuccessful?
(a) The Patrician.
(b) The Bursar.
(c) The Dean.
(d) The Archchancellor.
4. What does Death change his realm's landscape to at the end of the book?
(a) Corn fields.
(b) A river.
(c) The ocean.
5. Who does Bill Door say is the only person with a hot enough furnace for him to use to fulfill his goals?
(a) Ned Simnel.
(b) The Patrician.
(c) Windle Poons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Death convene with the Auditors after taking back his role?
2. What room does Windle Poons break into at the Unseen University?
3. Who does Bill Door hire to destroy his scythe?
4. Who does Death send away at the end of the book?
5. Who prepares a séance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Flitworth do when Death reveals she is dead?
2. What happens after Arthur removes a black disc from the ceiling of the pyramid?
3. How is Death and Miss Flitworth's dancing at the harvest dance described?
4. What instructions does Bill Door make after rescuing the little girl from a fire?
5. How does Windle Poons break into the library of the Unseen University?
6. How does Death retrieve the Fear of Offer diamond?
7. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth about the nature of borrowed time?
8. How is the combination harvester first described?
9. How is the inside of the pyramid described when Windle Poons and the others first enter it?
10. What is the nature of the leaflets Windle Poons finds coming from the top of the pyramid?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)