|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stays behind in the room and struggles against pink tubing so others can escape?
(a) Bill Door.
(b) Miss Flitworth.
(c) Windle Poons.
2. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth he regrets when he realizes he is about to die?
(a) Not falling in love.
(b) Never having a child.
(c) Not preparing more.
(d) Not eating more.
3. What does Modo realize has begun to move on its own, and later attacks him?
(a) A trash can.
(b) A grave.
(c) A compost heap.
(d) A dumpster.
4. What does Bill Door explain that the little girl he saved from a fire is living on?
(a) A prayer.
(c) Borrowed time.
5. Whose curse words first turn into small flying creatures?
(c) Reg Shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill Door reap for Miss Flitworth with his scythe?
2. Who remembers when this all will be again at the end of the book?
3. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth the gray-robed figures that appear around them are?
4. What is the name of the invention the town blacksmith creates and shows to Bill Door and Miss Flitworth?
5. What do the leaflets littering much of the city say after the hive is destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Bill Door's request for Ned Simnel to destroy his scythe?
2. What favor does Windle Poons ask of Mrs. Cake before wandering off in the book?
3. What is the nature of the leaflets Windle Poons finds coming from the top of the pyramid?
4. How is Death's visit to a flower shop described?
5. How are city eggs first described?
6. How is Mrs. Cake's séance with One-Man-Bucket described?
7. What is in Miss Flitworth's three chests she keeps on her dresser?
8. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth about the nature of borrowed time?
9. What happens after Arthur removes a black disc from the ceiling of the pyramid?
10. How is Death and Miss Flitworth's dancing at the harvest dance described?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)