|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters do not investigate the things showering from the top of the pyramid?
(a) Windle Poons.
(b) Bill Door.
2. Who does Death send away at the end of the book?
(c) Miss Flitworth.
(d) Reg Shoe.
3. Who appears on an old mountain range just after Miss Flitworth learns she has died?
(d) Bill Door.
4. What kind of music begins playing from inside the pyramid?
5. What does Mrs. Cake say there is an imbalance in life force between?
(a) The present world and the astral.
(b) God and the devil.
(c) Heaven and hell.
(d) Good and evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth he saw her name engraved?
2. How long is Mrs. Cake's precognition that she turns off in the book?
3. Who appears on the opposite side of the mall queen and reveals his true form as a giant, shaggy monster?
4. How many devastating spells does the Dean announce he will use to destroy the hive?
5. Where does Death convene with the Auditors after taking back his role?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Schleppel help people escape the pink tubing in the book?
2. What happens after Arthur removes a black disc from the ceiling of the pyramid?
3. How does Bill Door race the combination harvester?
4. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth about the nature of borrowed time?
5. How do Miss Flitworth and Bill Door try to save their harvest during a hailstorm?
6. What favor does Windle Poons ask of Mrs. Cake before wandering off in the book?
7. What is the nature of the leaflets Windle Poons finds coming from the top of the pyramid?
8. How is Mrs. Cake's séance with One-Man-Bucket described?
9. What does Windle Poons say he has learned about himself after dying at the end of the book?
10. How does Bill Door feel about the person who replaced him as the persona of Death?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)