|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who falls into a basket when trolleys begin escaping through the city?
(a) The Patrician.
(b) The Bursar.
(c) The Dean.
(d) The Archchancellor.
2. Where does Death visit to find a gemstone to give to Miss Flitworth?
3. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth the gray-robed figures that appear around them are?
(c) Grim reapers.
4. How many devastating spells does the Dean announce he will use to destroy the hive?
5. What kind of music begins playing from inside the pyramid?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Death convene with the Auditors after taking back his role?
2. Who paints Fresh Start Club graffiti in the book?
3. What is everyone in town amazed at when they see the combination harvester work for the first time?
4. What does Bill Door tell Miss Flitworth that borrowed time is when he tells her he is also living on it?
5. Who prepares a séance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Death's meeting with the Auditors atop a mountain described?
2. How are city eggs first described?
3. What does Windle Poons decide about what it means for a city to be alive?
4. What favor does Windle Poons ask of Mrs. Cake before wandering off in the book?
5. What does Windle Poons say he has learned about himself after dying at the end of the book?
6. What is in Miss Flitworth's three chests she keeps on her dresser?
7. What is the nature of Bill Door's request for Ned Simnel to destroy his scythe?
8. How does Death retrieve the Fear of Offer diamond?
9. Why can't Bill Door pick up his scythe when he becomes a ghost?
10. What instructions does Bill Door make after rescuing the little girl from a fire?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)