|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is the university discussed in the book located?
2. What do the townsfolk refer to Bill Door as?
(a) "Dead as a Doornail".
(b) "Good Old Bill".
(c) "Frightening Bill".
3. What kind of games does Bill Door play after acquainting himself with the townspeople?
(c) Chance and skill.
4. Whose palace sends a squad of guards to come investigate the sudden poltergeist activity at the university?
(a) The Dean.
(b) The Archchancellor.
(c) Senior Wrangler.
(d) The Patrician.
5. What is the relationship between Archchancellor Ridcully and the Chief Priest in the book?
(c) Father and son.
6. What is the name of the medium's daughter that is a werewolf?
7. What is the name of the place Death decides to spend his remaining time alive after leaving his post?
8. Which of the following things does Windle NOT find mysteriously appearing at his house when he goes to retrieve some money?
(b) Bags of candy.
(c) A broken sphere.
(d) A metal wheel.
9. What kind of pie does the wizard request before dying?
10. What does the friend the medium contacts say is crowded and is causing poltergeist activity?
(a) The offler.
(b) The afterlife.
(c) The life force.
(d) Astral plane.
11. What is the name of the wife of the male vampire at the Fresh Start Club?
12. What crashes at the Unseen University that almost injures many wizards?
(a) A statue.
(b) A painting.
(c) A chandelier.
13. What does Miss Flitworth do when Bill Door hesitates to help a little girl in a fire?
(a) Slaps him.
(b) Laughs at him.
(d) Yells at him.
14. Who is customarily present at the death of a wizard, but was not when the wizard was dying?
(a) The Dean.
(c) The Patrician.
(d) The Bursar.
15. What inanimate objects first begin moving on their own in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Flitworth ask Bill Door to kill for her?
2. What does an auditor refer to himself as that causes him to blow up in flame?
3. Who walks Windle Poons home after his first meeting of the Fresh Start Club?
4. What does the narrator consider the life of that only lives one day and never eats?
5. Who is Bill Door able to accurately describe to Miss Flitworth that surprises her?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)