|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the medium whose ceiling caves in from the poltergeist activity in the book?
(c) Doreen Winkings.
(d) Mrs. Cake.
2. Who does the medium decide to ask for help after discovering the reason for the poltergeist activity in the book?
(a) Her school mates.
(b) The police.
(c) The wizards.
(d) Her friends.
3. What is the name of the supreme god that oversees the meeting held at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Bill Door think Miss Flitworth's parlor reminds him of?
(a) A thrift store.
(b) A dungeon.
(c) A king's tomb.
(d) A museum.
5. What is the name of Death's horse?
6. What kind of wound does Windle Poons suffer while in an old, dangerous neighborhood?
(c) He is punched.
(d) He is cut by glass.
7. How does Bill Door awaken from a dream in the book?
(a) Groggy and confused.
8. Who is customarily present at the death of a wizard, but was not when the wizard was dying?
(b) The Bursar.
(c) The Dean.
(d) The Patrician.
9. What is the name of the bogeyman who prefers to stay hidden?
(a) Reg Shoe.
10. Where does the wizard who dies at the beginning of the book wake up after dying?
(a) In hell.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) A chapel.
(d) In heaven.
11. How much does the woman pay Death each week for working on her farm?
(b) Food and shelter.
12. What do the townsfolk refer to Bill Door as?
(b) "Dead as a Doornail".
(c) "Good Old Bill".
(d) "Frightening Bill".
13. What does Bill Door have trouble grasping when trying to appear human?
(b) A conscience.
(c) Common idioms and turns of phrase.
(d) Others' feelings.
14. Who secretly follows Windle Poons home after his first meeting of the Fresh Start Club?
(b) Bill Door.
(d) The Bursar.
15. What does Death find a backlog on his desk when sent back to his study in a dream?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of the book "Reaper Man"?
2. What kind of games does Bill Door play after acquainting himself with the townspeople?
3. What does an auditor refer to himself as that causes him to blow up in flame?
4. What inanimate objects first begin moving on their own in the book?
5. What does Miss Flitworth try to kill with poisoned food?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)