|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who tries to find out why the wizards are stopping traffic to bury Windle Poons?
(a) Sergeant Colon.
(c) The Patrician.
2. Who owns the piece of furniture in which the mysterious object first begins appearing in the book?
(a) Archchancellor Ridcully.
(b) Cut-Me-Own-Throat Dibbler.
(c) The Bursar.
3. What does the narrator explain is building up in the world in the absence of death?
4. What is Windle Poons disappointed to realize about being undead after visiting a dangerous neighborhood?
(a) That he can't eat.
(b) That his dog no longer likes him.
(c) That he frightens all who see him.
(d) That his friends have moved.
5. What inanimate objects first begin moving on their own in the book?
6. What is the name of the old, dangerous neighborhood that Windle Poons wanders into?
7. Where does Bill Door suggest Miss Flitworth's fiancé probably died?
(a) The forest.
(b) The jungle.
(c) The sea.
(d) The mountains.
8. What does the narrator consider the life of that only lives one day and never eats?
9. What does the friend the medium contacts say is crowded and is causing poltergeist activity?
(a) Astral plane.
(b) The offler.
(c) The afterlife.
(d) The life force.
10. What is the name of Death's loyal human assistant?
11. Who is Bill Door able to accurately describe to Miss Flitworth that surprises her?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
12. What is the name of the device Death has that measures the remaining days of his life?
(c) Tear of Offler.
13. What does Bill Door see in a dream after leaving Miss Flitworth's parlor for tea?
(a) His mother.
(b) A gray, robed figure.
(c) The new persona of Death.
(d) His horse.
14. Which of the following items do Windle Poons' friends not do against him to try and make him die again?
(a) Grab his limbs.
(b) Calls him a fiend.
(c) Pray over him.
(d) Show colves of garlic in his face.
15. What is the name of the place Death decides to spend his remaining time alive after leaving his post?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of tree does the narrator discuss as living thousands of years in the book?
2. What is the name of the supreme god that oversees the meeting held at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Bill Door have trouble grasping when trying to appear human?
4. What crashes at the Unseen University that almost injures many wizards?
5. What is the name of the support group for dead people that is advertised inside Windle Poons' coffin?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)