Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Pages 1-35
1. How is the Morris dance first described?
2. What happens when one of the Auditors of Reality refers to himself as I at the beginning of the book?
3. How does the narrator compare two experiences of life with mayflies and pine trees?
4. How is Windle Poons' death described in the book?
5. What does Windle Poons' spirit do after Death doesn't show up to collect him?
6. How do Windle's friends react after he comes back from the dead?
This section contains 856 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)