|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sorrento's robot in Chapter 34?
2. What is Shoto's vessel said to be modeled after in Chapter 25?
3. What age is Art3mis, according to her IOI file in Chapter 30?
4. On what planet is Castle Anorak located?
5. Aech's robot in Chapter 34 is described as being a Gundam mech from what original anime series?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wade do when he logs onto OASIS in Chapter 34?
2. What does Sorrento do when Wade arrives at the castle in Chapter 34?
3. What happens when Wade is leaving Frobozz in Chapter 23?
4. What does Og relate to Wade regarding his falling out with Halliday in Chapter 33?
5. How does Wade ultimately overcome Sorrento in Chapter 34?
6. Where does Wade meet his friends in Chapter 32? What plan do they form?
7. How is Frobozz described? What does Wade do there?
8. What does Wade encounter on the planet Archaide in Chapter 22?
9. What happens after Wade, Art3mis, and Aech “die” in Chapter 36?
10. How does Wade escape the habitat at IOI in Chapter 31?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the pop cultural allusions in Ready Player One. Why do music, films, video games, and television shows from the 1980s figure so heavily into the plot of the story? What are some examples of allusions that recur? How well did you relate to these allusions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of modern communication in Ready Player One. How is this theme developed through character, setting, and symbolism? What do you think the author is remarking about communication in today’s world? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Sorrento in Ready Player One. Where does Wade first encounter Sorrento? Is this character a friend or foe to the protagonist? Why?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)