|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Art3mis's score on the Scoreboard in Chapter 21?
2. What is the salary that Wade will earn in the indentured servant program in Chapter 29?
3. What age is Art3mis, according to her IOI file in Chapter 30?
4. What band is described in Chapter 19 as having performed the song "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"?
5. Who does Wade vote for in the OASIS elections in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Wade’s actions, objectives, and obstacles in the conflict with Sorrento in Chapter 34?
2. What leads to Wade’s arrest in Chapter 28? Where is he taken?
3. How does Wade escape his anklet and ear cam at IOI in Chapter 31?
4. What does Sorrento do when Wade arrives at the castle in Chapter 34?
5. What does Wade do to protect himself after escaping IOI in Chapter 31?
6. How does Wade respond when Sorrento appears on the scoreboard in Chapter 24?
7. What does Wade learn from Shoto in Chapter 25?
8. What does Wade encounter on the planet Archaide in Chapter 22?
9. What leads Wade to re-devote himself to the hunt in Chapter 20?
10. How is Daito’s death described in Chapter 25?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define an “egg” and discuss the “Easter Egg” in Ready Player One. How is the Easter Egg described when Wade finds it? What does it signify to Wade? What does the egg symbolize to the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the main actions, objectives, and obstacles of the protagonist in Ready Player One. What is the ultimate goal of this character? What stands in his way of reaching that goal? How does he handle those obstacles?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is the plot of Ready Player One reflective of video games? What video games in particular are described in the narrative? How do you think these games reflect upon the protagonist of the narrative?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)