|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Art3mis's score on the Scoreboard in Chapter 28?
2. What does the narrator say the Sixers had detonated in Chapter 36?
3. Where does Shoto live, according to his IOI file?
4. What is Art3mis's score on the Scoreboard in Chapter 21?
5. Who is Wade's section supervisor in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wade reach the gate in Chapter 36? What announcement does he make on his television channel?
2. What is Wade’s objective when he works as an indent at IOI?
3. What does Sorrento do when Wade arrives at the castle in Chapter 34?
4. What happens when Wade is leaving Frobozz in Chapter 23?
5. What files does Wade discover at IOI in Chapter 30?
6. How does Wade respond when Sorrento appears on the scoreboard in Chapter 24?
7. How would you describe Wade’s circumstances in Chapter 27?
8. What happens after Wade, Art3mis, and Aech “die” in Chapter 36?
9. What does Og relate to Wade regarding his falling out with Halliday in Chapter 33?
10. What information does Og relate to Wade and his friends in Chapter 33?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of modern communication in Ready Player One. How is this theme developed through character, setting, and symbolism? What do you think the author is remarking about communication in today’s world? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of corporate interests in Ready Player One. What symbolism supports this theme in the narrative? What statements do you think the author is making in regards to corporate interests through the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and analyze the setting of OASIS in Ready Player One. How would you compare this virtual reality with your world today? How many planets and/or universes exist within OASIS? How are those settings described?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)