|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Wade claim to be when chatting with Art3mis in Chapter 17?
2. What age is Art3mis, according to her IOI file in Chapter 30?
3. What color hair does Art3mis claim to have in real life in Chapter 17?
4. What is the name of Sorrento's robot in Chapter 34?
5. What position is Wade given in the indentured servant program in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wade do when he logs onto OASIS in Chapter 34?
2. What is Wade’s objective when he works as an indent at IOI?
3. From what narrative perspective is Ready Player One related?
4. Describe Wade’s interactions with his competitors in Chapter 22. With whom does Wade communicate?
5. What does Wade learn from Shoto in Chapter 25?
6. How does Wade escape the habitat at IOI in Chapter 31?
7. What does Wade do to protect himself after escaping IOI in Chapter 31?
8. What information does Og relate to Wade and his friends in Chapter 33?
9. What does Og relate to Wade regarding his falling out with Halliday in Chapter 33?
10. How does Wade respond when Sorrento appears on the scoreboard in Chapter 24?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the pop cultural allusions in Ready Player One. Why do music, films, video games, and television shows from the 1980s figure so heavily into the plot of the story? What are some examples of allusions that recur? How well did you relate to these allusions?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Parzival in the novel? What literary allusion is revealed through this name? How does this name connect directly with the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Sorrento in Ready Player One. Where does Wade first encounter Sorrento? Is this character a friend or foe to the protagonist? Why?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)