|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Art3mis's score on the Scoreboard in Chapter 28?
2. For how long has Wade been an indent in the beginning of Chapter 30?
3. What is the high score on the video game that Wade has to beat in Chapter 37?
4. What is Art3mis's real name listed as on her IOI file in Chapter 30?
5. What is the first artifact that Wade discovers outside of the gate in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wade reach the gate in Chapter 36? What announcement does he make on his television channel?
2. What leads to Wade’s arrest in Chapter 28? Where is he taken?
3. What does Wade do to protect himself after escaping IOI in Chapter 31?
4. What does Wade learn from Shoto in Chapter 25?
5. How is Daito’s death described in Chapter 25?
6. Describe Wade’s interactions with his competitors in Chapter 22. With whom does Wade communicate?
7. What information does Og relate to Wade and his friends in Chapter 33?
8. How do you think Wade will handle his responsibilities bestowed at the end of the novel?
9. How does Wade escape the habitat at IOI in Chapter 31?
10. What happens when Wade is leaving Frobozz in Chapter 23?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of James Halliday. When did Halliday live? When did he die? Why is his death significant to the plot of Ready Player One?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Ogden Morrow in the novel. Where does Wade first encounter this character? What is his relationship with him? Is Ogden Morrow an ally or foe to the protagonist? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Define irony and discuss some examples of irony in Ready Player One. What are the three main types of irony? How does each apply in the novel? What purpose does each example serve?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)