|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of the same email have IOI sent to Wade in Chapter 13?
2. Who appears in the fourth slot on Halliday's Score Board in Chapter 13?
3. How much is James Halliday's entire fortune estimated to be at the time of his death?
4. When did Ogden Morrow announce he was leaving his position at GSS?
5. What is the title of the short film that Halliday released as a video message upon his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Wade attains the key in Chapter 8?
2. How have Wade’s circumstances changed in Chapter 16?
3. What is significant about Wade’s score appearing on the scoreboard for the first time?
4. What competition must Wade engage in, in order to attain the key in Chapter 8?
5. What does Wade encounter in the Tomb of Horrors?
6. What discovery does Wade make during class in Chapter 7?
7. What is ironic about the location of the Tomb of Horrors?
8. Who from IOI has contacted Wade in Chapter 13? Why?
9. What is the name of Wade’s avatar? To what is Wade’s avatar an allusion?
10. What happens to Wade’s trailer in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Parzival in the novel? What literary allusion is revealed through this name? How does this name connect directly with the plot of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the character of Ogden Morrow in the novel. Where does Wade first encounter this character? What is his relationship with him? Is Ogden Morrow an ally or foe to the protagonist? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the character of Sorrento in Ready Player One. Where does Wade first encounter Sorrento? Is this character a friend or foe to the protagonist? Why?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)