|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Latin word "ludus" translate to in English?
2. Where is Aech when he calls Wade in the morning in the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. Who is the "middle-aged intellectual expert" that Wade watches explaining the scores on the news in the beginning of Chapter 12?
4. What has Wade rigged up as a battery re-charger in his hideout?
5. What is Art3mis's score after defeating the "Joust" game in OASIS?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the gunter clans described in Ready Player One?
2. What is significant about Wade’s score appearing on the scoreboard for the first time?
3. What discovery does Wade make during class in Chapter 7?
4. What conflict is presented in the Prologue to Ready Player One?
5. How is OASIS defined in Ready Player One? What metaphor can be seen in OASIS?
6. Who is Aech? What is this character’s relationship to the protagonist?
7. How would you describe the protagonist of Ready Player One?
8. Who from IOI has contacted Wade in Chapter 13? Why?
9. What does Wade learn from Aech in Chapter 12?
10. What is the name of Wade’s avatar? To what is Wade’s avatar an allusion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and analyze the setting of OASIS in Ready Player One. How would you compare this virtual reality with your world today? How many planets and/or universes exist within OASIS? How are those settings described?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the pop cultural allusions in Ready Player One. Why do music, films, video games, and television shows from the 1980s figure so heavily into the plot of the story? What are some examples of allusions that recur? How well did you relate to these allusions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the plot structure of Ready Player One. Where in the narrative do the following occur: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and denouement? How would you compare the structure of this plot to other novels you have read?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)