|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date was Wade born?
2. What does "the IOI" refer to in Ready Player One?
3. What is the file-sharing program used by gunters around the world that Wade describes in Chapter 6?
4. What does Wade describe in Chapter 2 as "one of my favorite things about attending school online, and I took advantage of it almost daily"?
5. Who is described as "the Sixers' infamous leader" in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Aech? What is this character’s relationship to the protagonist?
2. What discovery does Wade make during class in Chapter 7?
3. What initial offer does IOI extend to Wade in Chapter 14?
4. What does Wade learn from Aech in Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of Wade’s avatar? To what is Wade’s avatar an allusion?
6. Who are the Sixers in the novel? What is their objective?
7. What conflict is presented in the Prologue to Ready Player One?
8. What happens when Wade attains the key in Chapter 8?
9. What is significant about Wade’s score appearing on the scoreboard for the first time?
10. Who from IOI has contacted Wade in Chapter 13? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the setting of the Stacks. How many trailers are stacked atop one another? Where are the Stacks located in relation to the city? What would you compare this setting to in your own world?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of modern communication in Ready Player One. How is this theme developed through character, setting, and symbolism? What do you think the author is remarking about communication in today’s world? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the themes of romance and identity in Ready Player One. How do these themes intersect in the narrative? What symbolism supports these themes? How are these themes developed through character and setting?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)