|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many copies of the same email have IOI sent to Wade in Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the avatar that Wade uses in the OASIS universe?
3. How old was Wade when his mother died?
4. What is the "Student ID" name that Wade is assigned at school?
5. Who is the avatar that attempts blackmailing Wade and Aech in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Aech? What is this character’s relationship to the protagonist?
2. What happens to Wade’s trailer in Chapter 14?
3. What are Wade’s advantages in the search for the egg?
4. What conflict is presented in the Prologue to Ready Player One?
5. Why does Wade warn his friends about in Chapter 15?
6. How is OASIS defined in Ready Player One? What metaphor can be seen in OASIS?
7. What does Wade learn from Aech in Chapter 12?
8. What initial offer does IOI extend to Wade in Chapter 14?
9. What is the importance of the Latin language in Ready Player One?
10. How would you describe the protagonist of Ready Player One?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of corporate interests in Ready Player One. What symbolism supports this theme in the narrative? What statements do you think the author is making in regards to corporate interests through the story?
Essay Topic 2
Define an “egg” and discuss the “Easter Egg” in Ready Player One. How is the Easter Egg described when Wade finds it? What does it signify to Wade? What does the egg symbolize to the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the allusions to “Zork” and “Dungeons and Dragons” in Ready Player One. How do these allusions tie into the plot of the narrative? What characters and settings arise from these allusions?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)