|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live in Wade's aunt's trailer, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
2. On what street did James Halliday grow up?
3. On what date was Wade born?
4. In what sector is Ludus located in OASIS?
5. Why does Wade say he decided to study Latin in his foreign language class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wade learn from Aech in Chapter 15? How does he respond?
2. What happens to Wade’s trailer in Chapter 14?
3. What is the importance of the Latin language in Ready Player One?
4. Where does Wade go when he attends school?
5. How is OASIS defined in Ready Player One? What metaphor can be seen in OASIS?
6. What does Wade learn from Aech in Chapter 12?
7. How is an “egg” defined in Ready Player One?
8. Who is Art3mis? How does Wade feel about this character?
9. What initial offer does IOI extend to Wade in Chapter 14?
10. What would you say Wade’s actions reflect about his character in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is the plot of Ready Player One reflective of video games? What video games in particular are described in the narrative? How do you think these games reflect upon the protagonist of the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and analyze the setting of OASIS in Ready Player One. How would you compare this virtual reality with your world today? How many planets and/or universes exist within OASIS? How are those settings described?
Essay Topic 3
Define irony and discuss some examples of irony in Ready Player One. What are the three main types of irony? How does each apply in the novel? What purpose does each example serve?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)